Super Bowl Halftime Show - Ladies Night

50 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

They can’t show enough on TV to make it interesting. I’d rather see Metallica, get everyone pumped for a football game. 

Bring in “Ride The Lightning” era Metallica and I’m in.

Post “And Justice For All”, nah you can keep that cabbage.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'll watch as I do every year, but I can't stand j-lo as a singer/performer. I don't think she's a good singer and her music is terrible Imo. Shakira isn't much better either, but at least she's legit singer/musician 

who watches those two smoking hot women for their music??

no me. 

I don't care if the performance was by one of my favorite bands of all time, I'm just not a fan of the SB halftime shows.  If I want to go to a concert, I'll go.  Of course its not going to happen, but I'd rather they have a 15 minute halftime (less would be great) and then get back to playing the game.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

These entertainers are all a bit past their prime. Couldn’t they of landed Bieber or Gomez or Eilish or Swift. Someone actually popular today. Lol 

What demographic is the nfl targeting with this? 

Didnt Demi OD on Heroin last year?? She’s a terrible role model. Smh

Yeah. I honestly had no idea Shakira was even still doing music. Either way, don't really care. I watch football games for football; not commercials or halftime theatrics.

To each their own.

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

thats a lot of juice up there ? 

15 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

suppose I might watch on mute

i always mute it then play Death Metal and pretend they sing it lol

• Like (+1) 2

We have a super bowl party at my house every year. The guys watch the game while the women are in the next room talking. Half time comes on and the house switches places. Game comes back on and the house switches back.

The halftime show is meant to attract the rest of the viewers not interested in the game. Most of this demographic is probably not Metallica fans. 

Just now, MikeSpeed said:

We have a super bowl party at my house every year. The guys watch the game while the women are in the next room talking. Half time comes on and the house switches places. Game comes back on and the house switches back.

The halftime show is meant to attract the rest of the viewers not interested in the game. Most of this demographic is probably not Metallica fans. 

LOL.  Aren't Metallica Fans like the eldest Millennial's? 

Super Bowl ratings hit a new low in television’s most important demographic.

Sunday’s Super Bowl 53 on CBS delivered a 31.0 rating and 39.95 million viewers in the adults 18-49 demo, down 7% in ratings and viewership from last year on NBC (33.4, 43.0M) and down 16% in both measures from 2017 on FOX (37.1, 47.6M).

It was the lowest rated Super Bowl in the demo since at least 1992, falling below the previous mark of 33.2 in 2005.

Ratings in adults 18-49 have declined in seven straight years, and viewership has declined in eight. Earlier this decade, the game scored as high as 40.5 in 2012 and 52.5 million in 2011.

Adults 18-49 made up just under 41% of the CBS TV audience of 98.2 million. Since 2008, when the demo accounted for fully half of the TV audience, it has accounted for a smaller and smaller percentage each year.