Update: Arrest Warrant (now recinded) issued for OBJ for slapping an officer's buttocks

Reed83HOF

37 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Society issues in a micro second. Para military police training when they are suppose to serve and protect. I am sure they have riot gear at the ready when the cigars breakout. Cops who have a relatable index of zero. Citizens who push every envelope because their contribution to society is undeserved fame, stupid money, and an over the top ego. The parents of these kids cannot get on the sidelines or in the room, but this piece of shlltt can.

Nothing right about any of this. This school allows this idiot to show their student athletes the way to the future, and cops reinforce the already broken trust between them and society. 

WHAT A TEACHING MOMENT.!!!

Of course on the other hand, people encounter other people that offend them in some way, shape or form every day and don't smack them about the buttocks.  Store clerks, waiters, people in the checkout line, the guy in front of you who won't turn right on red.  

I have no idea why anyone was doing anything, who told whom to do what, or who's job was to look into what.  I do know that basic human decency taught at an early age suggests slapping someone about the buttocks, as they face away from you engaged with another person is the wrong way to get their attention.  

OBJ can solve the problem by making this HIS teachable moment.  It is as simple as "I got caught up in the excitement, I lost my composure and for reasons I dont quite understand, I chose to slap another human being about the buttocks without their consent.  I have offered a personal settlement on $10,000 to the impacted individual.  I'll also donate $10,000 to a charitable organization that supports Community Policing, and an additional $10,000 to a charity that works toward ending domestic/physical abuse. I was wrong, and I'm sorry.".

The officer could super-size the incident by donating his $10k to the community policing charity as well. 

Side bar, I  appreciate the opportunity to use the phrase "slapping about the buttocks" multiple times in one post. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The school should have quality student athletes as roll models not idiots list this guy. Typical of these programs to worship ego and $$$.

Cops should not be in private dressing rooms. 

The idea of a quality resolution like LEN-NERD suggests above would be incredible.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

The school should have quality student athletes as roll models not idiots list this guy. Typical of these programs to worship ego and $$$.

Cops should not be in private dressing rooms. 

The idea of a quality resolution like LEN-NERD suggests above would be incredible.

In what idealized world do you live in.

So you dont think they needs cops in dressing rooms?  I =guess just let anyone walk in the dressing rooms.

There is a reason there is no smoking in the superdome.  What would have been your reaction if the cigar smoking wasnt stopped and a fire started and cost lives?

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Society issues in a micro second. Para military police training when they are suppose to serve and protect. I am sure they have riot gear at the ready when the cigars breakout. Cops who have a relatable index of zero. Citizens who push every envelope because their contribution to society is undeserved fame, stupid money, and an over the top ego. The parents of these kids cannot get on the sidelines or in the room, but this piece of shlltt can.

Nothing right about any of this. This school allows this idiot to show their student athletes the way to the future, and cops reinforce the already broken trust between them and society. 

WHAT A TEACHING MOMENT.!!!

I agree with everything you said except the para-military police training. We are in a different time, with serious terror threats as far as the eye can see.

You are spot on about everything else, though. Their parents cannot be there but the man child who calls himself OBJ can? 

Both the cop and the man child were both in the wrong. Man child should NOT have done that, and the officer was over-reacting. If what the man child did was so egregious, why was he not arrested on the spot?

11 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

OMG young men having an adult beverage after a huge life achievement?? THE HORROR!! That cop should have got out the billy sticks and went to town on those uppity punks!

How come the school didnt provide bottles of champagne to spray around the locker room? Yah know because it is a huge achievement. 

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He reminds me of the kid that keeps showing up at high school parties even tho he graduated 2 years ago, because no one at his college likes him.

I get alum hanging on the sideline, AWAY from the team. But if I were the coach, no way do I allow him or anyone else in the locker room. This aint your team, this aint your victory. You're a fan now like anyone else. Go win a Super Bowl, OBJ.

I dont agree with the cop or arrest warrant here either.

OK, I finally had a chance to see the video last night...

OBJ is 100% in the wrong here and deserves whatever he gets out of this arrest warrant.

This wasnt a "celebratory slap-ass". That was an aggressive, taunting, bullying act by OBJ to challenge the security guard who was trying to do his job after the players started a fire in a trashcan.

It would be one thing if OBJ was running by the guy, celebrating, and just gave him a happy butt-slap. But this was OBJ basically challenging the guy to a fight.

Screw OBJ, he shouldnt have been there to begin with. Like I said, this isnt his team or his championship. He's trying to get some of the glory on something he had no part in. What a selfish a-hole.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So you dont think they needs cops in dressing rooms?  I =guess just let anyone walk in the dressing rooms.

There is a reason there is no smoking in the superdome.  What would have been your reaction if the cigar smoking wasnt stopped and a fire started and cost lives?

The players probably could have gotten away with a few cigars without Security intervening, if they hadnt started a fire already. They basically immediately proved why they shouldnt be allowed to have the cigars by starting a fire within minutes. Idiots.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, zevo said:

This is embarrassing

Apparently the LSU fans, band members etc appeared very uncomfortable around him and that he made a total fool out of himself. There were other former LSU players there who managed to celebrate without an arrest warrant and ncaa violations. Grow up Odell. 

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Character > Individual Talent

Clearly Individual talent trumps character.  I heard Schopp say that multiple times.  Maybe w can we finally agree that the Bills aren't looking for choir boys?  They are looking for rugged bastards,  with some character, that will play with injuries that hurt like hell in an effort to win.   

Edited by CoudyBills

3 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Clearly Individual talent trumps character.  I heard Schopp say that multiple times.  Maybe w can we finally agree that the Bills aren't looking for choir boys?  They are looking for rugged bastards,  with some character, that will play with injuries that hurt like hell in an effort to win.   

Or maybe “Team character > Individual talent”

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, Buftex said:

Funny, this past summer I went to see the Rolling Stones, for the 20-something time...it was a great show, but one weird thing I noticed was that Keith Richards and Ron Wood were not smoking...I thought "good for them...old geezers trying to get healthy in their old age".  After some reading, I came to find out that they didn't smoke on stage, because of all of the fines, and threatened legal action that was threatened them from previous tours.

Keith quit booze too apparently

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I live in a society that military trained cops shoot their own citizens far too often with immunity. Hide behind the terrorist threat if you must to justify that cops are now in the military side if the ledger not the citizen side.

In this case they should have been outside the room controlling access if necessary. The school officials should be responsible for the cigar issue, not a rent a cop. Don't  justify para military police with the " with the what would happen if the superdome burned down card ". You sound like an 8 year old.

It is the school who should be charged. They allowed the cop in. They allowed the idiot in. They allowed the cigars and the booze for minors. They allowed the ego centric celebration on public property. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Now me if  I was the cop would have said 1 of 2 things loud enough to be heard after that.

1. If your looking for a date? sorry im busy right now

2. You know...around these parts when you smack someone on the ass like that it   means youd like to marry me? were you asking permission?