NYG requested permission to interview Daboll for OC - DENIED

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

At some point, even the haters of Daboll might start to wonder why teams are interested in him?...

Initially, I read this too quickly as "At some point, even Daboll might start to wonder why teams are interested in him".

Lol.  

Edited by Capco
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Around the League as well. We’re one of only 3 NFL teams to have the same HC, OC & DC for 3 years running.

In other words, three years of coaching continuity is kinda good and bad. We have been good enough not to have the head coach fired. But have not yet been great enough that other teams feel a need to poach our OC and DC as head coaches.

• Thank you (+1) 1

No matter how you slice it............

2020 could be Daboll’s last year as Bills OC.

Either he will do such a good job that someone will hire him as HC or he will be fired for the regression of Allen and the offense.

Just a gut feeling and I hope it’s the former.

• Like (+1) 2

Not a Daboll fan and probably never will be.  Too Conservative and calls situational plays that sometimes make no sense.  Playing Gore for so long and holding back Duke & Yeldon were stupid decisions. Let him interview,  let him walk. Josh's long term development will be better for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No matter how you slice it............

2020 could be Daboll’s last year as Bills OC.

Either he will do such a good job that someone will hire him as HC or he will be fired for the regression of Allen and the offense.

Just a gut feeling and I hope it’s the former.

If we add the right offensive players and can stay healthy I'm 100% certain that Daboll will be a HC in 2021. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Damn it.

?

Like many others here, I am ambivalent about Daboll.  Since the Bills want continuance for year three of the process, I will just have to cross my fingers it all works out for the best.  

Daboll gets on my nerves because I believe he tries to get too cute at times and abandons his best playmaker (Singletary).  That said, he does good things too.  He doesn't block, throw or catch.  The lack of consistency with those necessities kill good play calls too.  I'd rather Daboll back than Allen have to learn a new system going into year three; He's better set up for success with Daboll back.

For mine he is entitled to one more year without scrutiny because:

1. Josh's development is on an upward trajectory

2. Despite some poor playcalling, he was frequently let down by his offense due to poor fundamentals / lack of execution / brain farts

3. Brandon Beane has not provided him with an above average to elite WR1, TE, RT and RB2 to this point

Personally I am not a huge fan but I would love it if he could silence the doubters - especially as he is a Buffalo native. I sincerely wish him all the best.

• Like (+1) 7

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't hate the man.  However, I will stop wondering when we have a top ten offense under his coaching.

I agree!

I wouldn't complain about the guy had the Bills passing offense taken a big leap this season. All those upgrades to the line, receivers corps and at RB with a rookie that averaged 5.1 YPC. The offense should have been top 10 or so considering the opponents the Bills faced with new HCs, bad QBs, bad teams. 

Welp, The Bills could have allowed him to leave and not take the hit on his contract, whatever that might be. 

This may turn out to be McD's undoing. I hope I'm wrong and a new #1 WR, better upgrades for line make this years offense  a top ten unit.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Don’t recall, Bill. Heard it yesterday on NFLRadio. An authority I don’t question.

New Orleans is definitely right. Carmichael has been the OC since St Doug left and I think Allen has been there since 2015 (when Rob Ryan was fired).

The 49ers Have definitely had Shanahan and Saleh since 2017 (ie. about to go into year 4) if you consider Mike McDaniel the OC then has been there since then too.... but I don't think he has that title I think he is officially run game coordinator.... not sure if anyone holds the "OC" title in San Fran.

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why couldn't Daboll have been allowed to interview for the position?  Good way to get rid of his bearded bowling ball head without having to fire him.

I have to wonder if he showed no interest so they helped him by saying no? A team on the rise has to be more interest to him then a team on the bottom.