NYG requested permission to interview Daboll for OC - DENIED

Reed83HOF

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Would have been a bad sign for Daboll if they approved it

You know he wrote DC because he was in a rush to get in ahead of you.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Why deny them go ahead and give him away, his play calling has set this offense back

Yeah, I'm very ambivalent about the fella. Would have liked to bring in Shermer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to NYG requested permission to interview Daboll for OC - DENIED

GTFOH Giants. 

I’m glad the Bills denied it. There’s no reason to let Daboll interview for a lateral move unless the Bills are trying to get rid of him (which quite clearly they’re not). I want continuity for Josh and the entire offense. Daboll has been good for Allen’s development so far and there’s no reason to mess with that IMO.

People like to assume a new OC would be better for Allen but the opposite could also be true. If most of us agree that Josh is developing pretty nicely so far, why do people want to mess with that? I’ve been a Bills fan (and a sports fan in general) long enough to know that the next hire isn’t always automatically better than the previous one. 

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

At some point, even the haters of Daboll might start to wonder why teams are interested in him?...

Daboll is an enigma. He can be very frustrating.

All that aside, if the Bills think he's the best person for the job, then I will accept that.

• Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

GTFOH Giants. 

I’m glad the Bills denied it. There’s no reason to let Daboll interview for a lateral move unless the Bills are trying to get rid of him (which quite clearly they’re not). I want continuity for Josh and the entire offense. Daboll has been good for Allen’s development so far and there’s no reason to mess with that IMO.

People like to assume a new OC would be better for Allen but the opposite could also be true. If most of us agree that Josh is developing pretty nicely so far, why do people want to mess with that? I’ve been a Bills fan (and a sports fan in general) long enough to know that the next hire isn’t always automatically better than the previous one. 

Three years of the same coaching hierarchy in Buffalo? That's unheard of!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why couldn't Daboll have been allowed to interview for the position?  Good way to get rid of his bearded bowling ball head without having to fire him.

Seems the Bills like him more than some message board poster who has no idea what’s actually happening behind the scenes. Stick to being a keyboard coordinator and let the professionals do their jobs. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I’d like to add talent, including some serious playmakers, and see what can happen with another year of growth from Josh. The Browns have had 7 HC’s since 2012 under Haslam. Constant change gets you nowhere. I like that they blocked this. Let’s give it another year. 

• Like (+1) 8