So whatever will happen to "Right Josh" Rosen?

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There are countless posts in the ashes of message boards where the poster says "I saw him play in college" & "he was screwed" when the true reason the guy flamed out in the NFL is simply he isn't good enough to perform at the next level.  Most of the guys he's playing against in college will only get in a NFL game with a ticket.  Heisman trophy winners like Leinart, #1 picks like Tim Couch, etc they all couldn't cut it at the next level because they lacked the talent to advance at the next level.  Rosen is in the same boat.  He wasn't screwed.  Arizona spotted that he lacked the goods and was able to get something back, but the lack of interest as pointed out in an earlier post that mentioned Miami was able to trade down & still get him shows the league was on to him.  Miami will get little or nothing when they drop him.  1)He lacks the talent to play in the NFL, it's that simple 2) He definitely wasn't screwed-he made millions while lacking the ability to be a NFL QB.  

Lol, Arizona was a train wreck when they drafted him.   The coaching staff was so bad they were fired, the new coaching staff didn't want him because they wanted their own Qb who fit the offense the wanted to run.  

It made zero sense to keep him and pay the salary of two first round picks at the position. 

Miami benched him because they were losing the locker room after trading away loads of talent.   Its hard to get players to buy in to your methods when it was apparent they were putting in all this hard work for nothing.   Rosen became the sacrificial lamb to keep the team bought into their coaches vision. 

Rosens stats were almost identical to Allens in their rookie year.  Did we trade away Allen because he sucked? 

Rosen got the shaft, plain and simple. 

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Rosen has gotten the shaft thus far in his career.  He has zero continuity around him, has been thrust into multiple different offenses on multiple teams, and hasn't been coached right anywhere. 

He will probably end up in New England where he will shine.  He still possessses a skill set that most qbs don't....unbelievable anticipatory throws. 

New England has shown interest in him already but the price was too high. He os a perfect fit in their system. 

With Tom Brady more than likely gone, the Pats will look to add top tier talent at a bargain price at that position. I can absolutely see in in NE this off-season. 

I believe Rosen was the best Qb in the draft and still believe that. He simply has not been as fortunate with his situation as Allen or Jackson. 

Allen's first year was not marked by a better surrounding roster than what Rosen had with the Cardinals. Both had abysmal o-lines, while I think the rb situation and receiver talent was generally better in Arizona. Nonetheless, there are differences where stats don't tell the whole story. Rosen floundered and pouted while Allen energized his teammates and won games. I'll keep in mind that you continue to believe Rosen was the best qb in his draft when I read your analysis of Allen's play.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Miami benched him because they were losing the locker room after trading away loads of talent.   Its hard to get players to buy in to your methods when it was apparent they were putting in all this hard work for nothing.   Rosen became the sacrificial lamb to keep the team bought into their coaches vision. 

No, they benched him because he was playing terrible and Fitzpatrick made the offense competent. Rosen had a passer rating of 52.0 this year. Fitzpatrick had a passer rating of 85.5 and he did it with a worse supporting cast considering Drake was traded and Preston Williams went on IR. They would have gone 0-16 with Rosen starting.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/15/2020 at 8:55 PM, sven233 said:

Not that he has been great while getting a chance to start, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal if you ask me.  Two terrible organizations with absolutely no chance of winning with a young QB.  I'm not sure what will end up happening to him, but I do hope that he ends up in a good situation on a good team where he can backup for a couple years while working on his craft.

You could say Josh Allen was hung out to dry his rookie season with the the likes of Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Mills to work with. Somehow he survived which may be the top indicator that our Josh will soon earn the undisputed franchise QB moniker.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Rosen's probably had the worst luck for a 1st round QB in the history of the league haha

55 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

You could say Josh Allen was hung out to dry his rookie season with the the likes of Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Mills to work with. Somehow he survived which may be the top indicator that our Josh will soon earn the undisputed franchise QB moniker.  

The Cardinals and Dolphins were 2 of the worst teams ever man

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Allen's first year was not marked by a better surrounding roster than what Rosen had with the Cardinals. Both had abysmal o-lines, while I think the rb situation and receiver talent was generally better in Arizona. Nonetheless, there are differences where stats don't tell the whole story. Rosen floundered and pouted while Allen energized his teammates and won games. I'll keep in mind that you continue to believe Rosen was the best qb in his draft when I read your analysis of Allen's play.

What does my analysis of Allen have to do with my assessment of Rosen? 

Ill tell you....nothing. 

Rosens situation in Zona isn't even comparable.  Buffalo head of cohesion among the coaches and front-office and we're on the incline.  Arizona was on the decline terrible coaching staff that was on the brink of being fired no Unity within the team.

Their situations are like night and day.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Putin said:

And you know him personally?

If you read the post you commented on you would know I stated that his teammates in Arizona, who do know him, never said he had a me me me attitude.  Since none of the posters, you & I included know what he is like with teammates, the most reliable sources are the guys he actually played with.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

No, they benched him because he was playing terrible and Fitzpatrick made the offense competent. Rosen had a passer rating of 52.0 this year. Fitzpatrick had a passer rating of 85.5 and he did it with a worse supporting cast considering Drake was traded and Preston Williams went on IR. They would have gone 0-16 with Rosen starting.

Apparently you haven't watched much film on Rosen in Miami.

Comparing a second-year quarterback on his second team with a whole team full of new players around him versus a 10-year plus veteran in the league is ludicrous in my opinion.

The switch was made to Fitzpatrick to save face by Flores.  I'm not sure how much you would expect out of a second-year quarterback on his second team in two years with an entirely new coaching staff but he was not given the chance to grow.

In fact aren't you one of the people who claimed the Josh Allen needed time with all these new players on offense?

Josh Allen is afforded the luxury of mistakes due to new offensive players but Rosen is not even though he's in a completely different system for the second year in a row?

That seems completely bias to me.

Go watch some film and highlights there's plenty of them on YouTube about Rosen.

Watch the contested throws he makes and The Tight Windows he throws in and the accuracy he displays.

The kid did not have a fair Shake.

Edited by TwistofFate
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

What does my analysis of Allen have to do with my assessment of Rosen? 

Ill tell you....nothing. 

Rosens situation in Zona isn't even comparable.  Buffalo head of cohesion among the coaches and front-office and we're on the incline.  Arizona was on the decline terrible coaching staff that was on the brink of being fired no Unity within the team.

Their situations are like night and day.

There it is...again and again. Poor J.R....was put in a bad situation. Tell me, aren’t most top 10 QB’s drafted put on bad teams? Baker, Darnold and Allen were all drafted by bad teams. How is it that the Cards were any different? Perhaps your analysis was off? You and the hundreds of experts who whiffed on their “Most NFL Ready” Rosen moniker. NFL Ready QB’s don’t make excuses for weaknesses in their selected team...they lead, compete, and garner respect of their teammates (Like Fitz, like Darnold, like Allen). They overcome weaknesses in the O line (like Allen did as a rookie). They work with the receivers they had (Rosen had Larry Fitzgerald...Allen had Foster). Stop making excuses for your terrible pre-draft analysis and admit you simply took the “experts” narrative which has proven to be sadly mistaken. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Lol, Arizona was a train wreck when they drafted him.   The coaching staff was so bad they were fired, the new coaching staff didn't want him because they wanted their own Qb who fit the offense the wanted to run.  

It made zero sense to keep him and pay the salary of two first round picks at the position. 

Rosens stats were almost identical to Allens in their rookie year.  Did we trade away Allen because he sucked? 

Rosen got the shaft, plain and simple. 

You lost me at the stat thing.  When you watch Rosen & Allen play there's a world of difference that stats don't reflect.  Keep relying on stats & you'll never understand a game that needs to be seen to be understood.  That's why the coaches & players review film instead of burying their heads in a bunch of stat sheets.  

After seeing film of Rosen vs NFL talent, there was very little demand for Rosen in the trade market, reflected by the fact Miami traded down before trading for Rosen knowing that they were getting back a similar pick, one year removed, to the pick they were giving up for Rosen, making the trade low-risk.  

Rosen has pocketed money for a job he is not qualified to have.  If getting millions for lack of production is getting the shaft, you & I have a different opinion on what that means.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I agree with this.  It's interesting to see all the revised history about who was in a worse position, Allen or Rosen.  The only thing I'll concede is that when all is said and done Allen is part of a better organization.  But that doesn't mean the Bills organization didn't put Allen in just as bad a position last year as Arizona put Rosen in:

*  BOTH QB's were placed in offenses that were historically terrible.  The ONLY reason some say Rosen had a worse O-line is that they ignore the fact that Allen bailed last year's O-line out with his athleticism - which is greatly superior to Rosens.  You put Rosen behind last years Bill's O-line and he looks just as bad.

*  Rosen actually had a better receiver group.  Fitzgerald is a solid vet and unselfish class act.  He alone elevated the Card's receivers over anything the Bill's fielded last year.

*  And let's not forget just how badly the Bill's mismanaged Allen's rookie training camp & preseason.  They gave him very few snaps with the first team and then declared that Peterman would be the starter.  This lasted ONE FREAKING WEEK.  After that they threw Allen to the wolves.  That he survived and by the end of the season had started to thrive is why he is the guy for us.

*  And let's not forget that going into the season the Bills had done NOTHING to ease Allen into the league.  Allen did not benefit from having an experienced QB in the QB room and his Offensive Coordinator was brand new to the Bills.

Allen succeeded his rookie year IN SPITE of the Bills.  It's that simple. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There it is...again and again. Poor J.R....was put in a bad situation. Tell me, aren’t most top 10 QB’s drafted put on bad teams? Baker, Darnold and Allen were all drafted by bad teams. How is it that the Cards were any different? Perhaps your analysis was off? You and the hundreds of experts who whiffed on their “Most NFL Ready” Rosen moniker. NFL Ready QB’s don’t make excuses for weaknesses in their selected team...they lead, compete, and garner respect of their teammates (Like Fitz, like Darnold, like Allen). They overcome weaknesses in the O line (like Allen did as a rookie). They work with the receivers they had (Rosen had Larry Fitzgerald...Allen had Foster). Stop making excuses for your terrible pre-draft analysis and admit you simply took the “experts” narrative which has proven to be sadly mistaken. 

Ummmm, how many were traded after their first year??? 

The experts analysis has nothing to do with it. 

Everyone claims Rosen was surrounded by better talent....where?   Last time I checked, the Cardinals had 5 wins this year.  Where's all that great supporting cast at? 

Rosen had nearly identical stats as Allen their rookie season.  Allen was fortunate enough to be on a team that was building around him and on the incline.

Rosen was put in two terrible situations in a row, with no commitment to him or his growth. 

It has nothing to do with his ability and everything to do with his situation.  It's completely foolish to think otherwise. 

Did they build around him?   Did they commit to him?  Did they coach him up or bench him to save face?  He was afforded none of the luxuries Allen had the privilege of.  That's a fact. 

28 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You lost me at the stat thing.  When you watch Rosen & Allen play there's a world of difference that stats don't reflect.  Keep relying on stats & you'll never understand a game that needs to be seen to be understood.  That's why the coaches & players review film instead of burying their heads in a bunch of stat sheets.  

After seeing film of Rosen vs NFL talent, there was very little demand for Rosen in the trade market, reflected by the fact Miami traded down before trading for Rosen knowing that they were getting back a similar pick, one year removed, to the pick they were giving up for Rosen, making the trade low-risk.  

Rosen has pocketed money for a job he is not qualified to have.  If getting millions for lack of production is getting the shaft, you & I have a different opinion on what that means.  

The asking price for Rosen was too high.   There was plenty of interest. 

No one wants to dump high draft picks near the draft when their boards are figured out. 

Rosen is a much more talented passer then you let on. There is plenty of film to show it. 

Not qualified to have a job??  LMFAO. 

I can't even with you.... 

He will be fed to piranhas at the end of the upcoming season, and we shall no longer have reason to discuss his functionality as a NFL QB. 

Good, now that’s out of the way...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The asking price for Rosen was too high.   There was plenty of interest. 

No one wants to dump high draft picks near the draft when their boards are figured out. 

Rosen is a much more talented passer then you let on. There is plenty of film to show it. 

Not qualified to have a job??  LMFAO. 

I can't even with you.... 

Somebody is still butt hurt over the draft.  Guess what, the Rosen One will never be a Bill. lol lol lol

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I think we've found where wrong Josh went.

13 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Somebody is still butt hurt over the draft.  Guess what, the Rosen One will never be a Bill. lol lol lol

I don't care that he's not a Bill, it is what it is.  What's done is done. 

I think it's just silly to make statements like Rosen isnt qualified to play in the NFL.  Or...to act like him being traded to another team after a rookie campaign had anything to do with his performance and nothing to do with fact the staff that drafted him was fired and the new staff went a completely different direction at the position. 

His entire caeer thus far has been terribly mis-managed and he hasn't been put in any kind of situation to succeed. 

That's what's happened to him. 

The only Qbs from that class that haven't been mismanaged are Allen and Jackson.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

I mean I guess there was a heated debate about which Josh to take but it’s kinda pathetic how happy some people are about the Rosen situation. The league is better with more good qbs.  More qbs are ruined than made.  There is not a 1st or 2nd year qb who would have succeed in his situations.  Those were pathetic situations to put a guy in.  By comparison, Allen looks like he raised a perfect family while Rosen raised by the Manson family.  He may end up just sucking but if you are saying that because of those situations, you just want to be right because you don’t like that some Bills fans wanted him or you don’t like his politics. 

he’s our rival now but I hope he goes to a good franchise because it’s embarrassing the situations he’s been in. I would have the said the same thing for any rookie who went through what he has. 

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't care that he's not a Bill, it is what it is.  What's done is done. 

I think it's just silly to make statements like Rosen isnt qualified to play in the NFL.  Or...to act like him being traded to another team after a rookie campaign had anything to do with his performance and nothing to do with fact the staff that drafted him was fired and the new staff went a completely different direction at the position. 

His entire caeer thus far has been terribly mis-managed and he hasn't been put in any kind of situation to succeed. 

That's what's happened to him. 

The only Qbs from that class that haven't been mismanaged are Allen and Jackson.  

Well said, I think the qb and receiver situation that Allen had as a rookie was pretty dumb but he has had the luxury of a top 3 defense both years.  The team also committed to building the o line around him and got him some weapons.  It’s so weird to say but we finally gave a young qb a non dysfunctional situation to grow in.  That’s the exact opposite of what Rosen has had.  It’s like out of a textbook of how to ruin a young quarterback.

• Like (+1) 2