So whatever will happen to "Right Josh" Rosen?

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They've moved away from it but you can still succeed at a high level with the right offense around you.  Brees comes to mind.  Matt Ryan had a decent season but their defense let them down in the first half of the year. 

Brees.  That man has a pocket sense that is amazing.  He's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show for a pass rush - it's just a jump to the left and a step to the right, a little duck, and the pass rushers slide off him like he's teflon coated.

No, Josh Rosen is no Drew Brees.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brees.  That man has a pocket sense that is amazing.  He's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show for a pass rush - it's just a jump to the left and a step to the right, a little duck, and the pass rushers slide off him like he's teflon coated.

No, Josh Rosen is no Drew Brees.

You know just a bit too much about that to convince me you’re not the type that brings the bag of audience participation supplies...?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.

Look at Tannehill when he got put in the right position.

He could develop into something. Or not. I thought he could become something but he absolutely has been handicapped by his situation. But on the other hand, Arizona had the choice of keeping him and building around him, and they didn't.

It's an interesting question, but at this point really hard to say.

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I had him second after Allen.  Jury is probably still not out on his career but it's not looking good right now.  If I were him I would ask to be released and go be a backup with a QB friendly headcoach - Rams, Eagles, Colts, Chiefs, and Packers would be good landing spots.  

Nah brah. The jury returned the verdict, he sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He seems duplicitous enough to fit right in with those self entitled and rule bending sorts over there.  ?  Karma might swing back for the ‘Nine Mistakes Kid’.  ?

Duplicitous? As in "lying"? Please. Where are the examples?

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Nah brah. The jury returned the verdict, he sucks. 

Yup, just like Tannehill.

Oh, wait.

Edited by Thurman#1

Some people didn't want Rosen because he was an open atheist in a league of holy rollers. Besides his own poor performances, I cant help but wonder if the fact that he isn't a believer hasn't also hurt his chances in the NFL. Nate Peterman who was much worse in performance and potential talent, got a lot of mileage out of the religious factor. Maybe Rosen is the opposite?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Not that he has been great while getting a chance to start, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal if you ask me.  Two terrible organizations with absolutely no chance of winning with a young QB.  I'm not sure what will end up happening to him, but I do hope that he ends up in a good situation on a good team where he can backup for a couple years while working on his craft.

I hate this excuse (“he was on a bad team...”). As I recall, Josh Allen played with Robert Foster as his #1 WR and Pillsbury Benjamin and a patchwork Oline his rookie season. And “two terrible organizations with no chance for a young QB” yet Fitzpatrick (age 30+ ) was able to garner wins, TD’s and players’ respect? Maybe y’all need to re-think the skill set of the poor, young QB before criticizing the team he is playing for. 

• Like (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Some people didn't want Rosen because he was an open atheist in a league of holy rollers. Besides his own poor performances, I cant help but wonder if the fact that he isn't a believer hasn't also hurt his chances in the NFL. Nate Peterman who was much worse in performance and potential talent, got a lot of mileage out of the religious factor. Maybe Rosen is the opposite?

You sound like someone with an axe to grind. If Rosen can make plays, he'll see the field. So far he's had poor teams around him and he hasn't been the NFL ready qb some folks expected.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i think that if new england traded for him and he got to sit behind brady for a year it could revive his career. the guy does have talent the pats offense with belichick coaching could be a .match 

Ryan Mallett had talent too.

Sometimes you’re just not good at QB. 

Rosen can make every throw in the book...the bad side of him is he also is kinda a weird guy whose heart isn’t really committed to the game of football as his family is apparently very wealthy and he’s just kinda playing football passing the time whether he’ll ever put it together remains to be seen 

30 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Peterman is getting mileage out of the fact that some people (e.g., Jon Gruden really liked him as a QB - I am not thinking Gruden is saying well that boy knows his Our Father) and he has excellent preseasons.Tebow was a pretty fervent Christian and his time did not last very long. If Rosen was  a serviceable QB .. he wouldn't be traded or benched .. he just isn't. Can he be? It is possible, but he has shown nothing so far. A team that he could not move that people predicted would go winless .. 89 year old Fitz got 5 wins. This argument just does not hold water  .. nor walk on it.

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup, just like Tannehill.

Oh, wait.

Nope, nothing like Tannenhill.   Tanny showed flashes of excellent Qb play at times.   (Especially vs the pats) 

wrong josh is a entitled bust. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 4