PPP Etiquette on Sensitive Personal Topics

GG

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

And just hanging out with the little people out of the goodness of your heart?  You must have a good buzz going tonight.  Those Coors cans might look like they are made of silver when under the influence of the old low grade corn whiskey but don't try exchanging at the pawn shop.  Anyways, your caseworker told me you have trouble accepting reality.  2000 miles is your safe zone in your head obviously.  Anyways, I'll be going through Arcade tomorrow so maybe I will buy you a six of Genny and leave it along Rte 39.  Don't come to early tomorrow but maybe after lunch.

Honestly tonight I am drinking a couple of Mad Tom’s IPA that my brother in law was kind enough to bring me from Alberta. It’s an Ontario beer and it’s pretty good! 

There are no little people here. I have been to plenty of Bills and Sabres games, but I don’t know the area that you think I am from? 

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Honestly tonight I am drinking a couple of Mad Tom’s IPA that my brother in law was kind enough to bring me from Alberta. It’s an Ontario beer and it’s pretty good! 

There are no little people here. I have been to plenty of Bills and Sabres games, but I don’t know the area that you think I am from? 

Enjoy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nah, you made your bed. It's not a personal insult to state the truth. You are a deeply stupid and flawed person. As your YEARS of dishonest posting and personal attacks have proven. ***** off with that noise. 

What do we think about posters who purposely violate the forum's terms of service and double down after they are called out on it?

Edited by Gary Busey

27 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

What's the point of linking the TOS in this thread then?

because, there are some that do apply. i'll leave it to you to figure out which ones do.

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Pick and choose the rules that apply, just like the House Dems :flirt:

well, i don't believe it is that nefarious. it is just that in the world of politics, it is understood that things are going to get heated.

On 1/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, GG said:

For starters, this is the link to the board's ToS (a few more carriage returns wouldn't hurt).

I also do not want to dictate policy on a forum that I do not control.  At the end of the day, we are at Scott's mercy and discretion.  For that, we should be grateful for opening up this sandbox and letting it be more open to exchanges, no matter how rancid they may turn.

Predictably, as some topics have gotten more heated, we need to address the elephant in the room of what should be done when posters are discovered to have a criminal past.   As is the case with any community, this site is populated by many folks who have been convicted of something - all the way from speeding tickets to the ultimate sin (and many things in between).

The question we face is how to handle this properly, just like any functioning community would.   

I am against openly doxing individuals on a forum that allows anonymity, especially when the offense is not public.  I would also engage the poster privately first, if someone made me aware of allegations (such as a certain FB incident a few years back)  

But if the crime had been committed and is in the public records, then people are free to apply their standards of airing the news.    I think if the crime is serious and would affect the discourse, then I believe it should be disclosed to the community.

Appreciate all opinions. 

Since this part of TBD has always had a lot more conservatives on it, it's no surprise that criminals would show up.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Since this part of TBD has always had a lot more conservatives on it, it's no surprise that criminals would show up be rooted out.

Fixed it for ya.  Just draining the swamp here at PPP!

• Like (+1) 2