Jon Feliciano played entire season with torn rotator cuff - will miss 4-6 months following surgery

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

Would explain why he was getting penalized for holding all the time.

?

Feliciano had 2 holding penalties and 2 false starts in 17 games.  Wouldn't call 2 penalties in 17 games holding "all the time", myself

He had some penalties I could do without, including a 15 yd "taunting" and a 15 yd "unnecessary roughness" (on an extra point kick).  Hopefully he cleans that stuff up.

i can't wait to see who had surgery tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He had some penalties I could do without, including a 15 yd "taunting" and a 15 yd "unnecessary roughness" (on an extra point kick).  Hopefully he cleans that stuff up.

i hope he cleans it up too,but it shows this guy plays with some nastiness.

Edited by tcampbell104

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if the Bills will be investigated for this as well? Honestly I have no idea how a player plays with a torn rotator cuff...that has to be one tough mofo

If the injury occurs pre-season and it doesn't change the players status week to week as far as practice, availability for the game etc, it doesn't need to be reported.

I think.

On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, tcampbell104 said:

i can't wait to see who had surgery tomorrow.

i hope he cleans it up too,but it shows this guy plays with some nastiness.

if i had to trade one for the other? 

Last season. I am glad the Line was playing as fierce as i have seen a Bills line play in quite a good while. and damned glad of it !
But this season?  we need to see them all clean up the mistakes , whether communication or execution.

I like our line. get RT sorted and keep the depth we finally have.
Well done McBeanes : )

On 1/16/2020 at 6:17 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If the injury occurs pre-season and it doesn't change the players status week to week as far as practice, availability for the game etc, it doesn't need to be reported.

I think.

Bills Fanatic !!  cough cough     .yur pure Bills fan.

awesome

lets go with your guess for now

On 1/15/2020 at 7:38 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

they put Those pet anti scratching lamp shades around each wrist So there is no vigorous clapping until a full recovery   

Cone of shame, ?

On 1/16/2020 at 6:14 PM, NoSaint said:

probably minuscule fines in the grand scheme 

Terry and Kim got those covered,

Go Bills!!!

I'd rather players get surgery when they find out they need it. I think most of the time guys playing hurt aren't truly better than their backup.

That said I didn't peg Feliciano as the problem on OL so maybe he'll be that much better coming back

I happened to listen to an old Sal C podcast from around TC with Feliciano earlier today. I didn’t know that he was homeless in HS, and his beat friend who was like family to him died not long ago. He’s become one of my favorite Bills. He’s a really good player and like his nastiness on the OL. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:59 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A side-excursion, but does anyone know how Feliciano got the nickname "Mongo"?

Answering my own question: name given by his buds when he hit his growth spurt.  "Mongo" short for "Humongous"

Quite the tear-jerking back story here too.  Named his daughter after a friend who passed:

https://www.espn.com/espn/onenacion/story/_/id/20914886/jon-feliciano-remarkable-journey-oakland-raiders

On 1/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I happened to listen to an old Sal C podcast from around TC with Feliciano earlier today. I didn’t know that he was homeless in HS, and his beat friend who was like family to him died not long ago. He’s become one of my favorite Bills. He’s a really good player and like his nastiness on the OL. 

Above link to story about it when he was on the Raiders

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, matter2003 said:

Wonder if the Bills will be investigated for this as well? Honestly I have no idea how a player plays with a torn rotator cuff...that has to be one tough mofo

Then they need to add Houston, Seattle and others to the mix