Jon Feliciano played entire season with torn rotator cuff - will miss 4-6 months following surgery

YoloinOhio

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. Tomorrow will be another photo from the hospital and someone saying they played all year with half an arm or something. 

He was on the injury report a lot I thought but can’t remember what it was for 

Mongo?  Feliciano was on the Injury report twice. Week 4 for "Neck" and Week 15 for "Illness"

Link above for those who want to wander through it themselves.

I don't see Hughes on it except for "groin" - no veteran rest days to argue about if they were really wrist ligament related.

Ford shows up for a "concussion" and an "elbow" - no shoulder

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So.....about this incredibly lucky healthy season we had....maybe we just had a bunch of tough SOB’s who fought thru it? I wonder who’s coming up in post-op tomorrow? 

When coaches talk about "high football character" THIS is what they mean. Not choir boys, but guys who WANT to play football, who LIVE to play football, and dont want to take time off just because they are banged up.

16 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I get that part.  I'm just saying, have we had this many players successively posting post operation pics or reports of so many non-trivial injuries being played through?

I think it's more just the social media generation nowadays. A lot of players have gone in for post-season clean-up surgeries in the past, they just didnt have a platform to post it for "likes".

42 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would say fines are most likely. Unless there are many more examples of skirting rules. 

There will be no punishments. EVERY team has guys getting minor surgeries on things they didnt report all season. EVERY team has guys letting social media know they "played all season with X injury".

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Had rotator cuff surgery a year ago November.

Took me almost exactly 1 year to get back to full strength (lifting weights wise).

Good to do stuff after about 100 days, but not 100% for a year.

And yet he played with it. Yeah he will be fine from this surgery

Man I love Mongo. Was amped about the signing, said he would be one of the best lower FA signings.

Can play G or C at an above average level with a torn rotator cuff injury?

What a beast. I like this dude and want him to retire a Bill.

Get well Mongo!

I may also owe Ford a bit of an apolology, and the surgery to Oliver helps explain the up and down year.

I hope all three come back stronger and better than ever. The fact these three dudes bought in in their first year in the Red White and Blue and played through gives me chills and hope!

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Had rotator cuff surgery a year ago November.

Took me almost exactly 1 year to get back to full strength (lifting weights wise).

Good to do stuff after about 100 days, but not 100% for a year.

were you able to rehab as a full time job every day?

which lifting activity was most impacted? 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The human body was not meant to play this game. I got that from a good authority.

Well, an authority.

OK, it was some guy who used to work in football.....and maybe still does in some fashion.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2