Zion debut 1/22

Kirby Jackson

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The minutes restriction at the end was stupid. They needed to have some sense of the moment in his debut.

they said it was docs orders, 100% and not arguing with them

if so, I get it. Coach can’t overrule the docs call just cause the players making shots..

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

He's just a big dude. 

image.png.7b4a8341744dee873de0551b8089597d.png

That is not a basketball build, which is why he could be a phenom, given his off the chart leaping ability. 

That’s not a basketball build that’s why his knees and ankles will be toast much sooner than they would if he was much lighter. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Should have pushed it a little bit with Zion scorching. At the very least you should have brought him back with 3 minutes to go for another short burst to close the game. With that being said, that 3:08 was absolutely incredible.

The medical staff and the team came up with a cautious strategy to handle him before he was cleared to play. They stuck to their plan. They were prudent. 

I heard one account that when he was rehabbing and wasn't very mobile he worked on his shooting because he could do it while being stationary. He took a bad situation and used it to add to his game. Maybe in the long run that injury will end up working to his advantage because it gave him the time and opportunity to round out his game. 

6 hours ago, CommonCents said:

That’s not a basketball build that’s why his knees and ankles will be toast much sooner than they would if he was much lighter. 

he also looked softer last night though. At least from my seats. Maybe not fat but not near as cut.

If he gets bored with basketball, why not TE for the Bills?  That would make a LOT of DB’s very unhappy.

Great debut, get in shape at the right weight and stay healthy. He’s the most interesting thing to hit the NBA since Lebron. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:41 PM, DuckyBoys said:

playing well tonight  in limited minutes

Zion has been scoring when he’s in there. My Celtics have to defend him today without their big guys enes kanter and Robert Williams. Should be interesting how they approach it, maybe Tacko Fall will play?  They are decimated by injuries right now, not sure if Jalen brown, Marcus smart or Jason Tatum will play. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zion has been scoring when he’s in there. My Celtics have to defend him today without their big guys enes kanter and Robert Williams. Should be interesting how they approach it, maybe Tacko Fall will play?  They are decimated by injuries right now, not sure if Jalen brown, Marcus smart or Jason Tatum will play. 

Yeah, sucks. I haven’t been able to watch many games and I will be home for this one. I was excited until I saw that amount of guys going to miss the game!!! 

Oh well, it should be fun either way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 6:32 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Here’s an interesting question.

If Davis never gets traded to LA and having a fully healthy Zion....would New Orleans be legitimate contenders in the East?  Could they give the Bucks a run?

They would absolutely give MIL a run. That would be a hell of a series. 

MIL and MSY (I do airport codes) would be the best East teams by far. MSY is going to be good for a while if they can surround Lonzo and Zion with some talent.