Zion debut 1/22

Kirby Jackson

So as some of you know I split season tickets with a group. This part of the schedule I’m especially heavy. I have tickets to 6 of 7 games in this window. The one game I’m missing? Zion’s debut....fml

Edit: and I’m back!! Just got invited by my buddy that I split with (also a Bills fan). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t watch the NBA until the Finals, but I was looking forward to tuning in to watch him in the opener. Very happy he's finally ready to get back out there.  He’s.......unique, and I can’t wait to see him (despite the Duke connection :sick:

As an aside, he went to high school with my brother in laws kids and even went to their house for a pool party on Prom night after leaving a party that got sketchy. His parents came by to check it out first. Supposed to be a VERY nice family. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2020 at 2:32 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

So as some of you know I split season tickets with a group. This part of the schedule I’m especially heavy. I have tickets to 6 of 7 games in this window. The one game I’m missing? Zion’s debut....fml

Edit: and I’m back!! Just got invited by my buddy that I split with (also a Bills fan). 

Zion appears to be a big and bulky dude. Looks can be deceiving.  On yesterday's broadcast of the Pelican/Clipper game it was mentioned that he recently took a stress test. The announcer stated that the examiner had to repeatedly turn up the pace because his heart rate was so low. From a cardio standpoint this guy is physical freak. I still believe that he needs to slim down a bit in order to take some pressure off his joints from the grinding pro game. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Should be exciting to watch.   Lot of hype to live up to.  There haven't been many players in that size/explosiveness and most did not last long. 

Charles Barkley who had a similar body type had a long and distinguished career. He started off his career with a body type that fit the moniker of "round mound". It didn't take him long to realize that he needed to work on his conditioning and eating habits to have a long career. From what I have observed about Zion he is starting off his career in better physical shape than Barkley, a HOF player. Zion is a smart and well grounded kid with good people around him. I think that he will more quickly grasp what he needs to do to have a successful career like Barkley had. 

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

Charles Barkley who had a similar body type had a long and distinguished career. He started off his career with a body type that fit the moniker of "round mound". It didn't take him long to realize that he needed to work on his conditioning and eating habits to have a long career. From what I have observed about Zion he is starting off his career in better physical shape than Barkley, a HOF player. Zion is a smart and well grounded kid with good people around him. I think that he will more quickly grasp what he needs to do to have a successful career like Barkley had. 

Charles was even bigger but weight was distributed little bit different and he was mostly a one foot leaper.  Zion is more explosive, two foot leaper with skinnier lower body  Think he's more like Larry Johnson far as body type. Larry's back gave out.  Charles lost a lot of weight and also changed his game drastically.   Putting that much torque to elevate at 270lbs and as much as his game right now is predicated on jumping over people I just dont see a long career.  Hope I'm wrong hes fun to watch and seems like a nice personable young man

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Shouldn't expect much in his first game.

The over under is 12.5 pts & 5.5 Rebs

I am taking both overs. In the preseason he averaged 23 pts in 27 minutes on 70% shooting!! They’ve been waiting so long for him they are going to give him some chances to shine tonight. He may only play 20 minutes tonight or whatever but I’d expect 15-18 points and 7 or so rebounds. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am taking both overs. In the preseason he averaged 23 pts in 27 minutes on 70% shooting!! They’ve been waiting so long for him they are going to give him some chances to shine tonight. He may only play 20 minutes tonight or whatever but I’d expect 15-18 points and 7 or so rebounds. 

smash that bet.     Spurs don’t have many solid bigs to stop him.  

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think your numbers are a little high because I think his nerves are going to be very charged. I do think that he will beat the established lines.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Alvin Gentry is dumb.      

Gotta let the big boy play until he misses one after the 4-4 3 point fire sequence.    

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The minutes restriction at the end was stupid. They needed to have some sense of the moment in his debut.

Should have pushed it a little bit with Zion scorching. At the very least you should have brought him back with 3 minutes to go for another short burst to close the game. With that being said, that 3:08 was absolutely incredible.

• Like (+1) 1