Twitter Rumor has Bills playing against the Dolphins in London Next year

MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For sure. And I understand it. But it will happen just as the London games are not going anywhere. I understand local fans being upset. It is just that sports are not national pursuits anymore. They are international big business. It is unrealistic to expect it to be like it was 20 or 30 years ago. 

Meh. Hosting a game in London where the crowd is wearing 30 different jerseys seems like a waste.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Meh. Hosting a game in London where the crowd is wearing 30 different jerseys seems like a waste.

Why? The atmospheres are pretty special. Yes they are not the partisan atmosphere you might get at a home game but they are proper festivals and the people are 100% into the games. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Why? The atmospheres are pretty special. Yes they are not the partisan atmosphere you might get at a home game but they are proper festivals and the people are 100% into the games. 

I’m sure it’s truly AMAZING, but home field advantage (a VERY REAL thing for the Bills, despite this year) is lost for a game, and a single game can determine whether you get into the playoffs, and get a shot at a Super Bowl.

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to attend a game in London (even a Bills game), but it can have an impact on how your season turns out. That is not fair or wise, IMO.  People there know about the NFL already. 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sure it’s truly AMAZING, but home field advantage (a VERY REAL thing for the Bills, despite this year) is lost for a game, and a single game can determine whether you get into the playoffs, and get a shot at a Super Bowl.

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to attend a game in London (even a Bills game), but it can have an impact on how your season turns out. That is not fair or wise, IMO.  People there know about the NFL already. 

I would say the variance in NFL schedules makes this less of a concern. 

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Well I guess that makes it ok then. All hail the plastics

There is nothing plastic about it.

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's virtually the definition of plastic. Let's cow tow to the new fans we hope to get rather than serve those who have been through thick and thin with the club and who ultimately end up paying it's bills.

So any new fans are plastic because they haven't been around as long? Hmm. Not sure of the logic on that one.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I haven't read the whole thread but I don't like it and I hate it if we are considered the home team.

Miami would be the home team. It might be in this thread but one of the articles I read said any team that wants to host a Super Bowl could be asked  by the league to give up a home game for one of these London/Mexico City games. Miami would more than make back the $$$ if they gave up one regular home game for what the Super Bowl would bring in $$$$ wise. We know Buffalo isn't going to host a Super Bowl anytime soon. Maybe a new dome stadium changes that but even then its a long shot at best. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So any new fans are plastic because they haven't been around as long? Hmm. Not sure of the logic on that one.

I'll go back to this, when the Gunners start playing Prem League matches in the States then I will be ok with playing NFL games in London.  If they even mentioned this as possibility the fan base would hit the roof.

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'll go back to this, when the Gunners start playing Prem League matches in the States then I will be ok with playing NFL games in London.  If they even mentioned this as possibility the fan base would hit the roof.

It was mentioned as a possibility about 4 years back. It didn't happen but it will. And I won't moan on about it because it is just internationalism. You can rant against it but it isn't turning back. 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

100% agree. I really am tired of the games over there. We don't need to expand there and they already know the game. NFL gets richer and the fan loses a game.

You foreigners are tryin to steal our precious American football, aren’t you satisfied with your own Soccer football, Christ is nothing sacred on this planet ? next thing ya know you will be pushing warm beer down our throats, ( better than no beer I guess) you all lost this country fair and square ages ago, so don’t come sneaking around here anymore.

Go Bills!! 

Edited by Don Otreply

FWIW - I went to the Bills v. Jax game in London a few years ago and combined it with seeing my other "football" team, Arsenal, play.  It was a great weekend (other than getting screwed over with that BS PI penalty that ruined our comeback). There were many Bills fans at both the Emirates to see Arsenal beat Everton as well as at Wembley for the Bills game.  I met Bills fans from all over the US and world in London that weekend.

If any of you have the chance to go, I would recommend it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1