Twitter Rumor has Bills playing against the Dolphins in London Next year

MAJBobby

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bills played in London 5 years ago (2015). There are 3 games per year in London meaning 12 teams played in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 including multiple Jags games.Ā  I think it is someone else's turn to play there. If the Bills DO play there and Bills "home" game I hope it is a December game since those games tend to sell poorly and it is to a non-conference team.Ā  We already play in North Cuba once a year.

Ā 

There are FOUR games a year actually. Four in 2017 and four this year. 2018 was only 3 scheduled but that was because of uncertainty about the Tottenham Stadium completion date.

Ā 

The NFL is contracted for 2 games at Wembley in 2020 and 2 games at Tottenham.

Ā 

2020 is the last year for which Wembley is presently contracted. The NFL would like to extend is my understanding but it is tied to what Jacksonville want to do. If the Jags continue to have designs on London longer term as a home base or as one of two home bases (has been discussed - split their schedule and play x4 in London and x4 in Jax) then an extension of the Wembley deal is all but certain. If the Jags step back from their London plans (unlikely) then the NFL has 3 options:

Ā 

i. reduce it's commitment to London down to 2 games per year;

ii. extend at Wembley;

iii. extend their commitment at Tottenham

18 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. How effed up is it that the NFLĀ picks two teams that are playing bothĀ the AFC West and the NFC West to go to London to play each other? Ā Ridiculous.Ā 

Roger Goodell has been reading posts at ā€˜The Stadium Wallā€™. Ā Time to makeĀ the Bills pay for the Buffalo fansā€™ disrespect of the NFL, its executives, and (God bless) the New England Patriots.

23 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont mind it actually As long as it is the MIA Away game.Ā  I dont want to lose a home game

The Dolphins already agreed to host a home game in 2020 in either London or Mexico City along with the Falcons. Since they won't have Miami do 2 International games that means that we will be the away team if we are in fact facing Miami for an International game.

Ā 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/falcons-will-host-international-game-in-2020-against-one-of-these-eight-teams-dolphins-likely-hosting-too/

15 hours ago, LB48 said:

This what happens when you make the play-offs 2 out of 3 years and gain the national media's interest!Ā  Expect more non- 1PM Sunday games.

Not really. Every time I check out the London games it's trash teams like the Jags or RaidersĀ 

Well that sucks. MIA is one of my favorite away games of the year for a road trip ( okay, air lol). Especially when itā€™s in the second half of the season. I would absolutely consider going to a game in London, but not going to Mexico City. Maybe if the game was in Cozumel ...

5 hours ago, BritBill said:

The Spurs stadium is mint. The work they put into making it an NFL stadium was more than worth it.

Ā 

IF the Bills do play in London I'd prefer it to be at Tottenham.

I wish NFL stadiums would do what Spurs did with that 100ā€™ bar over there, practically no lines. Anybody know if they enforce the 3rd quarter drinking cutoff when the game is in UK?

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

As a home or road game?

Ā 

If we do play Miami internationally, it will be as a road team in Mexico City.

Ā 

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-2020-schedule-team-unlikely-play-london-year/2848418001/

Ā 

"The Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins announced they will host international games this year, the Falcons in London andĀ the Dolphins in Mexico City. The Jacksonville Jaguars are annual hosts of a game in London."Ā 

Edited by chongli

On 1/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Augie said:

You have a rare perspective here, Iā€™m sure.Ā 

Ā 

I hate this, unless it gives me a pass to go to London. I donā€™t mind the NFL playing in London, just leave the Bills out of it!Ā 

well, the Bills are part of the NFL...

1 minute ago, nucci said:

well, the Bills are part of the NFL...

Ā 

Let the rest fend for themselves! Leave my Bills alone!Ā 

Ā 

Seriously, I donā€™t like it for anyone. BUT, if they insist on continuing it, I hope they get teams help with scheduling. Do they often or ever get theirĀ bye the following week? It sucks to lose a home game, and the travel hassles are very real. Mexico City is almost as bad, but without quite the same disadvantage.Ā 

Barf-o-rama. As if they don't have enough long-ass road trips already. Trips out to Vegas, Denver, LA, and Arizona, and now across the pond to foggy ol' Londontown. They might win the Ultimate Road Dogs award next season, we'll see if they rack up the most travel miles of any team.