Twitter Rumor has Bills playing against the Dolphins in London Next year

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Will prices for season tickets go down if we lose a home game?

No up for like they say if they move Bills to a smaller stadium with MSLs games become harder to find seats so prices go up.

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

From what I understand is Both Teams have a very big Fanbase in UK so it does make sense in terms of fan bases 

I know that Fish and Chips are very popular in England but did not know the Chips were Buffalo Chips but based on how they tasted last time I was in England (cooked with lard) it makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife gets bumped to First Class sometimes when we travel. Never once has she said “why don’t you take it?” ?

The kids would rough it in the back by the toilets if we paid for it!  

Did a Mediterranean cruise (Windstar, AWESOME!)  last fall, and another planned for 2021 (same ship), plus a wedding this August. This was supposed to be a modest year for travel. But then.....sometimes things just happen! Travel is the thing I most want to do, and least want to pay for. However, as I get older, experiences are FAR more important than things. 

LOL...I tell them "I'm just spending your inheritance money".....Business Class at $2,900 is a bit more palatable....and you do get a sleep pod on an Airbus 380.....and of course they said, "well.....that's not bad Dad".........WTF?

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

LOL...I tell them "I'm just spending your inheritance money".....Business Class at $2,900 is a bit more palatable....and you do get a sleep pod on an Airbus 380.....and of course they said, "well.....that's not bad Dad".........WTF?

Offer to let them pay! 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife gets bumped to First Class sometimes when we travel. Never once has she said “why don’t you take it?” ?

The kids would rough it in the back by the toilets if we paid for it!  

Did a Mediterranean cruise (Windstar, AWESOME!)  last fall, and another planned for 2021 (same ship), plus a wedding this August. This was supposed to be a modest year for travel. But then.....sometimes things just happen! Travel is the thing I most want to do, and least want to pay for. However, as I get older, experiences are FAR more important than things. 

...an uber rich cousin is taking his wife on an 89 day around the world cruise on Crystal (2nd one)....cheapest penthouse is $65,000 per person.....top of the line penthouse is $175,000 per person.....seriously?.....he does have major bucks.....I could afford Crystal's rubber raft..................

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...an uber rich cousin is taking his wife on an 89 day around the world cruise on Crystal (2nd one)....cheapest penthouse is $65,000 per person.....top of the line penthouse is $175,000 per person.....seriously?.....he does have major bucks.....I could afford Crystal's rubber raft..................

Well, if the doctor gave you 90 days to live..... piss your kids off! Penthouse, BABY! 

I don’t think I could do one much longer than the 10 days we did in September. A few days in Barcelona before the start, some more time at the end in Lisbon, I was almost ready to get home. The wife still works, so there are practical limitations as well. 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Miami should give up the home game because no one would notice. 

I do NOT want the Bills there early in the season for a day game. If you GAVE me tickets, I’d watch from my couch. The heat is BRUTAL just sitting there! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, if the doctor gave you 90 days to live..... piss your kids off! Penthouse, BABY! 

I don’t think I could do one much longer than the 10 days we did in September. A few days in Barcelona before the start, some more time at the end in Lisbon, I was almost ready to get home. The wife still works, so there are practical limitations as well. 

I do NOT want the Bills there early in the season for a day game. If you GAVE me tickets, I’d watch from my couch. The heat is BRUTAL just sitting there! 

...LMAO.......89 days with my late wife?......somebody is overboard at day EIGHT and it ain't ME......

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Ok then, you have it bad for NFL game TV time. Not to mention high gas prices and housing. That's the one place where I wouldn't want to live.

Game times normally on Sundays are actually good.  I like that I have my whole day ahead of me after a Bills loss or Bills win.  Plus, I can always go surf to cheer myself up if we lose.

As for the rest, it's the price of paradise.

If money, getting rich and building wealth is your main priority in life, then Hawai'i is a bad place to live.

I'm fortunate enough to live comfortably enough and own a house... or at least pay a mortgage for a house I'll eventually own.

Best weather on the planet.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We are and yes I suspect a home game too. 

The haters should come over and experience a game in the greatest city on earth. A few perspectives might change. 

I do get that it sucks for home fans who only get 8 a year when one gets taken away. But the London games are great. Their popularity continues to rise and they are going nowhere. 

I’m in.  Love London and I’m due for my next return there.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife travels about 3 weeks/month so she has sky miles galore, and the fiancé works for Omni getting preferred rates. VERY preferred. Working for Hilton about a year ago they got a $650/night room in London for about $75. This could be doable without too much pain. 

Kinda the same thing here with my wife but w/o quite as many air miles.  God bless her, she's got every conceivable credit card to get rewards I never knew existed. 

We're (she) a Bonvoy couple and have been really happy.  Six months of her normal work travel got us (her) enough points to book 5 nights in Barcelona and 3 nights in Mallorca last October.  London was a consideration for next years trip so I'd be happy if this happened.  

Edited by stony
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I just learned that if the Bills do play Miami in an international game in 2020, it will be in Mexico City, not London:

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/01/10/green-bay-packers-2020-schedule-team-unlikely-play-london-year/2848418001/

"The Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins announced they will host international games this year, the Falcons in London and the Dolphins in Mexico City. The Jacksonville Jaguars are annual hosts of a game in London." 

Edited by chongli

Bills played in London 5 years ago (2015). There are 3 games per year in London meaning 12 teams played in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 including multiple Jags games.  I think it is someone else's turn to play there. If the Bills DO play there and Bills "home" game I hope it is a December game since those games tend to sell poorly and it is to a non-conference team.  We already play in North Cuba once a year.

• Haha (+1) 1