Twitter Rumor has Bills playing against the Dolphins in London Next year

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We are and yes I suspect a home game too. 

The haters should come over and experience a game in the greatest city on earth. A few perspectives might change. 

I do get that it sucks for home fans who only get 8 a year when one gets taken away. But the London games are great. Their popularity continues to rise and they are going nowhere. 

Just give them a damn franchise so we don't have to worry about losing a home game.  This sucks if true.

I like it. 
This team needs to learn how to win in all types of conditions if they're gonna go on the road and win playoff games, or even better, go on the road and win the Super Bowl!

First inkling (and it's VERY early and VERY much a rumor) of a national broadcast next year, and Buffalo gets it. Looks like the league DID take notice of the bump in viewers for each of: Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England, and Houston. 

For 20 damn years I've been waiting for this team to be relevant again, so when people talk sports, talk football, they can talk Buffalo.

For 20 damn years, I've been waiting for that schedule release to scan down the page and see games kicking off on different days and different times than "Sun: 1pm"

For 20 damn years, I've been waiting for my friends to say they're excited to watch the prime time game because Bufs wideout, or RB, or even QB is their fantasy stud (pause.)

For a fan base that lights tables on fire before they jump through them, you guys sure come across like a buncha pussies some times.

"Bu bu bu, it's at 9am! That's when I have my warmed milk with mother. I simply don't have the emotional capacity to deal with the anxiety that comes from me thinking about Buffalo playing that game in another country. ITS. NOT. FAIR!"

• Awesome! (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

I like it. 
This team needs to learn how to win in all types of conditions if they're gonna go on the road and win playoff games, or even better, go on the road and win the Super Bowl!

First inkling (and it's VERY early and VERY much a rumor) of a national broadcast next year, and Buffalo gets it. Looks like the league DID take notice of the bump in viewers for each of: Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England, and Houston. 

For 20 damn years I've been waiting for this team to be relevant again, so when people talk sports, talk football, they can talk Buffalo.

For 20 damn years, I've been waiting for that schedule release to scan down the page and see games kicking off on different days and different times than "Sun: 1pm"

For 20 damn years, I've been waiting for my friends to say they're excited to watch the prime time game because Bufs wideout, or RB, or even QB is their fantasy stud (pause.)

For a fan base that lights tables on fire before they jump through them, you guys sure come across like a buncha pussies some times.

"Bu bu bu, it's at 9am! That's when I have my warmed milk with mother. I simply don't have the emotional capacity to deal with the anxiety that comes from me thinking about Buffalo playing that game in another country. ITS. NOT. FAIR!"

I've been saying this a lot, but the league did not experience a bump in viewers for the Pittsburgh or New England games. NE was the 6th most viewed game of week 16 alone. It was the most watched stupid NFL network exclusive game  in a couple years, but that doesn't mean a lot as those games rarely happen and aren't particularly enticing, which is why they don't get watched relative to normal local broadcasts of any other game. And Pittsburgh was 1.5 million viewers below SNF's average up to that point. People get it confused with the fact that it was the most watched TELEVISION program of the week, which is almost always true for SNF.

Edited by arcane

13 minutes ago, chongli said:

The Dolphins have confirmed they will be the host of the game either in London or Mexico:

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/miami-dolphins-2020-opponents

"One home game will be played in either London or Mexico City."

So if that is the case, how would everyone feel about the Bills playing in Mexico City?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just give them a damn franchise so we don't have to worry about losing a home game.  This sucks if true.

Selfishly I want the Bills here at least once every 5 years. If the Jags moved here I'd be guaranteed 1 in 6 with the possibility of more if we finished in the same position in our divisions. I could live with that. 

I get that it sucks for fans who go to home games to lose a game. But the London games are going nowhere. 

Looks like it is a road game though. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So if that is the case, how would everyone feel about the Bills playing in Mexico City?

The high altitude would be a killer, but it is closer than London and in the Central Time Zone.

Edited by chongli

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

I like it. 

Gee Johnny looks like you've had a lot of frustration for 20 years, they have meds for that you know.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Let the Jags play in London. Bills are not sacrificing a home game for some Europeans. 

Keep the NFL in the USA. Stop this international experiment BS. 

You can cry all you like. The NFL is becoming more international. It isn't stopping any time soon, whatever some Americans might think. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Why not?

Just curious to know. I've never been there.

I wouldn't go either, because I wouldn't want to be kidnapped by a cartel.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Hopefully it’s for Miami’s home game not ours.

It is. Already confirmed by the Dolphins that they will host.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1