Cody Ford had Surgery

Reed83HOF

46 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

WTF man, we have no injury report all damn season and now what, 1/3 of the starting lines are tweeting about surgery?

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Meanwhile on twitter certain bills fans upset and thinking the Bills Violated Rules with Oliver and Ford and Hughes.

Hughes Might be a little tricky to defend (if the league can show a link between rest days and wrist)

But Oliver and Ford are both in the clear and never had to reported according to NFL Rules.

Guess Ford was in a brace all year

Help me understand why Oliver and Ford are in the clear? 

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Someone says elbow Surgery (doesnt make sense by the picture)

Yeah, "No" to elbow, that's a shoulder brace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF man, we have no injury report all damn season and now what, 1/3 of the starting lines are tweeting about surgery?

Help me understand why Oliver and Ford are in the clear? 

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

Reportable injury is defined as 

"The Practice Report provides clubs and fans with an accurate description of a player’s injury status and how much he participated in practice during the week. If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury"

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy/

Seeing neither Oliver or Ford missed time in practice over injuries they would not have to be reported.  Example Oliver Core injury would have been FULL every report for every week

Where Hughes gets iffy is he has torn ligaments in wrist and Bills gave him rest days all year, now if the NFL can tie those together the Bills will likely see a fine

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Here we go....

Do you believe  Ford can’t play right tackle? Or that he would be better at guard? Or that he is never going to be an NFL caliber olineman?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2017-nfl-injury-report-policy.pdf

Reportable injury is defined as 

"The Practice Report provides clubs and fans with an accurate description of a player’s injury status and how much he participated in practice during the week. If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury"

Seeing neither Oliver or Ford missed time in practice over injuries they would not have to be reported.  Example Oliver Core injury would have been FULL every report for every week

Where Hughes gets iffy is he has torn ligaments in wrist and Bills gave him rest days all year, now if the NFL can tie those together the Bills will likely see a fine

This.

Do you know how many players have ‘clean up’ surgeries after the season is done? 
What’s more concerning to me, is our two linemen picks From 2019 are posting pictures on SM, like they are kids getting their tonsils taken out and can’t wait for ice cream. 

Joke!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you believe  Ford can’t play right tackle? Or that he would be better at guard? Or that he is never going to be an NFL caliber olineman?

My Takes

I Believe there is a possibility he can grow into a RT.

I think he would be a stud OG

and yes he is a viable Olineman, 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This.

Do you know how many players have ‘clean up’ surgeries after the season is done? 
What’s more concerning to me, is our two lineman picks From 2019 are posting pictures on SM, like they are kids getting their tonsils taken out and can’t wait for ice cream. 

Joke!!

Yep So you want to punish Bills get ready to slap other teams.

Raiders - Zay Jones

Texans - DBs Safety lands on IR even though NEVER on injury report, when lands on IR reported he has been dealing with nagging Injuries all season

Seattle - Center

And that is so far in the offseason Surgical Cleanup season

Edited by MAJBobby

I dont think ANY amount of surgery will shore up his POOR SLOW footwork to ever make him a viable NFL caliber RT...that said i DO 100% think he could become a VERY decent G at the NFL level..so if the Bills drafted him specifically as a RT they missed their mark...if they drafted him as a swing type OR OL and can get him to his more god given gift skills wise position of G they got their man. But if it was upper body surgery(and from the pics it appears so) thats not gonna fix the fact he is TOO SLOW vs NFL speed rushers and doesn't have that foot speed.

now for instance if you told me he had some kind of LOWER body injury that hampered his speed or agility....then id be interested to see what you have post surgery and give him the benefit of the doubt..like ankle,knee,hip type cleanup that would make the case that that made him slow...but upper body..nope not a big difference in too slow feet...

And remember overall its not that he cant block at all...its that he cant keep up footwork/speed wise with speed rushers..

Edited by CBennett

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Methinks it has to do with players gutting it out and playing with injuries in a playoff year.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wouldn’t be overly worried about it.  It’s January and he didn’t wait like some.  Most likely fine for OTA’s and no doubt he’ll be ready for training camp.  Just depends on how hard he works on rehab like Watt who came back early because he is so determined.

Bruce Smith would have waited until April or May so he missed mini-camp and most of training camp. He seemed to have some sort of surgical clean up/clean out every year. 

Adapted from The Six Million Dollar Man:

Steve Austin, astronaut  Cody Ford and Ed Oliver, Football Players. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin Cody Ford and Ed Oliver will be that man. those men. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
-Oscar Goldman

Edited by jwhit34

1 hour ago, CBennett said:

I dont think ANY amount of surgery will shore up his POOR SLOW footwork to ever make him a viable NFL caliber RT...that said i DO 100% think he could become a VERY decent G at the NFL level..so if the Bills drafted him specifically as a RT they missed their mark...if they drafted him as a swing type OR OL and can get him to his more god given gift skills wise position of G they got their man. But if it was upper body surgery(and from the pics it appears so) thats not gonna fix the fact he is TOO SLOW vs NFL speed rushers and doesn't have that foot speed.

now for instance if you told me he had some kind of LOWER body injury that hampered his speed or agility....then id be interested to see what you have post surgery and give him the benefit of the doubt..like ankle,knee,hip type cleanup that would make the case that that made him slow...but upper body..nope not a big difference in too slow feet...

And remember overall its not that he cant block at all...its that he cant keep up footwork/speed wise with speed rushers..

They didnt specifically draft him to play RT

They said he would "Start out at" RT

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They didnt specifically draft him to play RT

They said he would "Start out at" RT

I know..I wish they would just call it a day and get him WORKING/INTO his more natural slot at G...but im SERIOUSLY questioning if they dont still play him at RT out of pure stubbornness. 

11 minutes ago, CBennett said:

I know..I wish they would just call it a day and get him WORKING/INTO his more natural slot at G...but im SERIOUSLY questioning if they dont still play him at RT out of pure stubbornness. 

This is jmo but I think it is working like this.....

They are looking at how much Spain is actually going to cost if resigned

They are waiting to see how free agency and the draft shake out at RT

Personally......I think the RT for next year is Ty N. with Waddle bacing him up or else they would have just released Waddle instead of hanging onto him......so I am not convinced that Ford is auto going to RT

And....I think if Ford starts at OG....he is going to be a pro bowler

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally......I think the RT for next year is Ty N. with Waddle bacing him up or else they would have just released Waddle instead of hanging onto him......so I am not convinced that Ford is auto going to RT

And....I think if Ford starts at OG....he is going to be a pro bowler

Wait, what has gone down with Waddle?  He's been on IR with a torn quad (4-5 month injury) - that's usually not a situation where a player agrees to an injury settlement so he can have a shot sign with another team.  But he's a pending FA as far as I know, so unless we extend him or something he's gone.

So in the tweeted photo, looks like Ford had a procedure on his R shoulder.  It's a shoulder brace and he's got an ice pack perched on top of it.

All season though Ford had a brace on his L elbow and he sometimes seemed to be favoring it a bit.  So what's up with that?