New Aaron Hernandez Documentary on Netflix. Wow . Must watch

JerseyBills

I watched it and gained no sympathy. His dad died when he was a teenager. That's tough for sure, but happens to millions of kids every year. He wasn't in a very bad area growing up, he CHOSE to hang out with shady people. He sought them out everywhere he went, even when he was living in a mansion in an upscale neighborhood.

Seems to me like he had some type of mental disorder. I don't think CTE was a huge factor, perhaps just something that added to his existing issues. He seemed to have issues all growing up. Wasn't something that developed over time like CTE would suggest.

He wanted to be a gangster and chose that lifestyle. He felt like he had to prove how tough he was. He felt like people were testing him all the time.

Good riddance he's gone. He was a danger to society.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2020 at 8:05 AM, RobbRiddick said:

So why aren't all these other NFL players going beserk on other people?

It amounts to the same thing - shifting the responsibility away from the criminal (or the parents) and onto something else. Everyone is a victim now, even the poor little murderer. Bless his size 13 cotton socks.

Yeah, I don't think people realize that EVERY murderer has something seriously wrong with their brain. Whether it is brain trauma, some kind of disorder, etc. People don't murder other people unless they have something wrong with them or they are bread into it by some kind of life environment. So if we are excusing murderers with CTE, we better be excusing every other murderer out there, because they have brain issues too.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I watched it and gained no sympathy. His dad died when he was a teenager. That's tough for sure, but happens to millions of kids every year. He wasn't in a very bad area growing up, he CHOSE to hang out with shady people. He sought them out everywhere he went, even when he was living in a mansion in an upscale neighborhood.

Seems to me like he had some type of mental disorder. I don't think CTE was a huge factor, perhaps just something that added to his existing issues. He seemed to have issues all growing up. Wasn't something that developed over time like CTE would suggest.

He wanted to be a gangster and chose that lifestyle. He felt like he had to prove how tough he was. He felt like people were testing him all the time.

Good riddance he's gone. He was a danger to society.

Yep. 

You do not seem to understand what the mental disorder entails. Every choice after that is compromised. It does NOT justify any behavior, but it may explain some things. 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:48 PM, Da webster guy said:

Yeah I agree, the guy actually shot 5 people in three different instances.

Three of them dead.

One lost his eye and nearly died.

There was a guy in the backseat of the car when Aaron opened fire, apparently he got shot too but lived.  He was the 5th.

FIVE different people took bullets from that psychopath.

There was an unsolved shooting when he was in college that they couldn't link him to, but it seems like him to me. He shot up a car but everyone survived.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep. 

You do not seem to understand what the mental disorder entails. Every choice after that is compromised. It does NOT justify any behavior, but it may explain some things. 

Why do you think I don't understand? Is there a murderer out there without a mental disorder? I don't excuse any of them. People can get help with mental disorders and live normal, productive lives. Or they can let their disorders rule them and they can become like Aaron Hernandez.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

There was an unsolved shooting when he was in college that they couldn't link him to, but it seems like him to me. He shot up a car but everyone survived.

Why do you think I don't understand? Is there a murderer out there without a mental disorder? I don't excuse any of them. People can get help with mental disorders and live normal, productive lives. Or they can let their disorders rule them and they can become like Aaron Hernandez.

Yeah, it’s just that simple. 

Well, something here is simple. 

I watched the interview of his older brother with Dr Oz on 1/30  , very sad his early life and strict father.  The Netflix show saying he had gay relations since 7th grade.

I think the CTE and being bisexual  did him in . I feel worse for the other people who were killed , trajic  story