New Aaron Hernandez Documentary on Netflix. Wow . Must watch

JerseyBills

On 1/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, MJS said:

Nobody thinks AB is a normal person. He has something wrong with him for sure, but there are countless clinical causes to his issues. CTE could definately be a contributor, but that's just a guess (and a cop out). And CTE certainly doesn't excuse his actions, nor the actions of any other players. Thousands of people deal with it on a daily basis without becoming complete wastes of human space like AB and Hernandez. They get through it without murdering people or without cussing at cops and throwing bags of gummy penises at ex lovers.

I'm starting to strongly suspect he's been coked out this past year. 

Along with all the other aforementioned issues. I'm sure there's several factors compounding the problem. Poor judgement is certainly one of them.

Just like the doc explains with Aaron Hernandez. You gotta have a lot of demons going on to culminate in that obviously. Little bit of column A little bit column B. CTE probably makes all those issues tenfold.. but not everybody with CTE combines all the mental issues these 2 show.

But I'd never claim CTE is a copout for football players doing bizarre things. The brain is not an organ you want damaged. CTE could be the difference between Hernandez fake thugging and flashing his gun to impulsively actually pulling the trigger. 

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On 1/15/2020 at 10:19 AM, JerseyBills said:

Even with all the Hernandez specials already done by other companies , I'm 1 episode in and this documentary is absolutely addicting. Covers much much more details and is a must watch imo. 

Just go on your Netflix , search Aaron Hernandez to find the documentary ,if it doesn't Pop up on your home screen. Just came out at midnight . 

Gotta say , this really made me feel for Hernandez and all parties involved in this tragedy .

Investigation Discovery is also doing a series on this. I almost didnt watch it thinking I already seen the full story on Netflix but NOPE! This goes into even MORE DETAIL. I suggest you and whoever else is interested in this to check it out. They have only released the first episode so far but here is the link:

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/aaron-hernandez-an-id-murder-mystery/

Finally finished episode 3.

I stand by my previous comment about Hernandez being a Shakespearean Tragic Hero, but Macbeth, no one else.

His life was a Tragedy. But it's not remotely close to an excuse for what he did.

I feel sympathy for his upbringing, for the sexual abuse, for having to stay in the closet, for being told by the Patriots to just basically "deal with it" when he asked for a trade because he feared for his life since he (supposedly, as we find out in episode 3) witnesses a double murder... but he murdered someone in a thoughtful, time-consuming, premeditated manner.

For that, he deserves no sympathy.

For that, he rots in whatever Hell you believe jn.

Yeah I agree, the guy actually shot 5 people in three different instances.

Three of them dead.

One lost his eye and nearly died.

There was a guy in the backseat of the car when Aaron opened fire, apparently he got shot too but lived.  He was the 5th.

FIVE different people took bullets from that psychopath.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:49 PM, J-GunJoshAllen17 said:

I watched the series and I do have sympathy for the environment Hernandez grew up in, but it just seems to me that CTE may only have exasperated his violent tendencies that already existed and he may have gone down this road anyways.  I feel although his father's opinion on homosexuality created a extremely difficult home environment for Aaron, if his father had made it a few more years, Aaron would be alive today.

Edit: Meant to say Aaron may be alive today.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of CTE being blamed for evey player or ex player who acts like an animal. It's like when a kid does something evil and they blame the movies or video games. What about the millions of kids who watch that stuff and don't go around murdering and raping? 

So every time a player or ex player beats his kids or punches his wife or shoots his friend, we can blame all the concussions he suffered. Same with boxers. Same with hockey players.

Hernandez was a young man who had it all, the taken, the loving wife, beautiful kid, huge home, and yet it's clear from the video evidence that he felt no remorse for his victims. All those phone calls he never showed any regret for what he did. That is the behavior of a true sociopath. I'm sick of turning all the criminals into victims, so ***** him

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/16/2020 at 10:49 PM, StHustle said:

AB having issues is no new development. Him having issues ON THIS LEVEL....certainly is a new development. I think it is CTE. He makes sense only in his own head. He TRULY thinks he is doing nothing wrong and is the victim. CLEARLY a new development to do it at this extreme. He wouldnt have made it as far as he had if this was who he always was. If you truly analyze his actions, anyone with a lick of common sense can tell he has mental issues. That doesnt happen to normal people. I'd bet he has CTE.

I don’t believe AB’s issues are CTE at all.

His issue is that he’s an uneducated POS.  He feels that his money gives him power to do things “regular” people can’t do and get away with it.  His actions are that of a true narsasistic sociopath.

I believe CTE is caused by repeated head blows.  I also believe the effects can manifest themselves as advertised.  There needs to be more research to get real answers though,  not every negative action by an athlete can be chalked up to CTE.  Shouldn’t be a convenient excuse. 

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:19 AM, JerseyBills said:

Even with all the Hernandez specials already done by other companies , I'm 1 episode in and this documentary is absolutely addicting. Covers much much more details and is a must watch imo. 

Just go on your Netflix , search Aaron Hernandez to find the documentary ,if it doesn't Pop up on your home screen. Just came out at midnight . 

Gotta say , this really made me feel for Hernandez and all parties involved in this tragedy .

Nah, I am good. He is a nothing thought in my head and I don't need to hear some bull#### story about him. They probably said something like "CTE"

Edited by Boca BIlls

46 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I don’t believe AB’s issues are CTE at all.

His issue is that he’s an uneducated POS.  He feels that his money gives him power to do things “regular” people can’t do and get away with it.  His actions are that of a true narsasistic sociopath.

I believe CTE is caused by repeated head blows.  I also believe the effects can manifest themselves as advertised.  There needs to be more research to get real answers though,  not every negative action by an athlete can be chalked up to CTE.  Shouldn’t be a convenient excuse. 

I think there’s a difference between an excuse and an acknowledgement. i do agree that folks jump straight to CTE as an explanation and that’s not needed either though.

Talking about causes and contributing factors though doesn’t mean the person is let off the hook. Even if they have the brain damage, that’s a part of their story, just like the acts of violence are... and some of the good things they’ve done can still be. Aaron Hernandez doesnt just have to be a sociopathic animal. He can be the dude that despite appearing to have it all actually had a junk family life, huge insecurities and violent head traumas and did awful things.

Watched the series and was disappointed. It was not nearly as good as people made it seem and presented nothing earth shattering. Also disappointed that I wasted three hours watching a documentary about the life of that loser. 

If you watch it and it leaves you with an ounce of sympathy or understanding there is something wrong with you. Basically he killed at least three people for no reason because he played football, was gay, and his dad died? Yea ok. He did it because he was a ****ing loser lowlife and a waste of a human being. The series was a complete waste of time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, I'm getting sick of CTE being blamed for evey player or ex player who acts like an animal. It's like when a kid does something evil and they blame the movies or video games. What about the millions of kids who watch that stuff and don't go around murdering and raping? 

So every time a player or ex player beats his kids or punches his wife or shoots his friend, we can blame all the concussions he suffered. Same with boxers. Same with hockey players.

Hernandez was a young man who had it all, the taken, the loving wife, beautiful kid, huge home, and yet it's clear from the video evidence that he felt no remorse for his victims. All those phone calls he never showed any regret for what he did. That is the behavior of a true sociopath. I'm sick of turning all the criminals into victims, so ***** him

Comparing kids and video games to an actual medical condition that has to do with brain damage is really foolish. 

not much else to say on the matter.... Just that that’s really dumb comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Process said:

The series was a complete waste of time. 

I'm curious as to what you could have possible expected. It was very well laid out and they spoke to everyone close to the situation willing to speak. Sounds like leaving you satisfied was an impossibility.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, I'm getting sick of CTE being blamed for evey player or ex player who acts like an animal.

It ALL boils down to decision making. When a person with no criminal record who made it that far in life without totally derailing...suddenly changes course and starts making decision after decision that are both irrational and illogical, you have to consider it isn't "just happening." Even the bottom of the food chain low life's make smarter decisions. These guys were no dumb guys who had no common sense. 

Not every case is CTE, but because that's the case it's ignorant to act like no case is CTE. These extreme cases, in Hernandez's case PROVEN to be an EXTREME case of CTE, acknowledge it was a contributing factor. AB was always an arrogrant self entitled POS. But now he is CLEARLY a person with a mental issue that popped out of nowhere. IMO it was the hit from Burfict that did him in.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Comparing kids and video games to an actual medical condition that has to do with brain damage is really foolish. 

not much else to say on the matter.... Just that that’s really dumb comparison. 

So why aren't all these other NFL players going beserk on other people?

It amounts to the same thing - shifting the responsibility away from the criminal (or the parents) and onto something else. Everyone is a victim now, even the poor little murderer. Bless his size 13 cotton socks.

The thing that struck me about his story is how the hell  did they try to push the narrative that he became a homicidal maniac from concussion syndrome. This guy was emotionally constructed to be a violent predator by the domestically abusive father and the frustration of being a closeted homosexual. Throw in the entitled, above the law attitude that hometown football stars have , that gets supercharged by making it all the way to the pros. I'm disappointed that the iconic coaches at Florida and the Patriots cared more about his football skills than his obvious breakdown of behavior to live in civilized society. 

7 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

...EXACTLY but typical in today's effed up society....the perpetrator ends up being the victim....."yes we as a society failed them and we must determine how and why".....personal accountability is LONG gone......

It was a combination of things.  CTE in and of itself won't make you kill people.  Neither will being gay (or bisexual, which he probably was, but still it's not considered to be a good look for an NFL player to have sex with guys).  And one thing that wasn't really touched-on is that Hernandez was taking a lot of drugs like PCP and cocaine, along with pot, ketorolac (Toradol), and probably steroids and/or HGH.  And prior to killing himself, he was smoking K2 (synthetic pot).

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, StHustle said:

It ALL boils down to decision making. When a person with no criminal record who made it that far in life without totally derailing...suddenly changes course and starts making decision after decision that are both irrational and illogical, you have to consider it isn't "just happening." Even the bottom of the food chain low life's make smarter decisions. These guys were no dumb guys who had no common sense. 

Not every case is CTE, but because that's the case it's ignorant to act like no case is CTE. These extreme cases, in Hernandez's case PROVEN to be an EXTREME case of CTE, acknowledge it was a contributing factor. AB was always an arrogrant self entitled POS. But now he is CLEARLY a person with a mental issue that popped out of nowhere. IMO it was the hit from Burfict that did him in.

With AB it could be so many other things. What about the extreme fame, coupled with the millions of dollars. He may have started associating with a different type of person. Plenty of rock stars are relatively normal before they hit the big time, then go crazy. Is it always the drugs? What about the ones that don't do drugs? Often it's lots of smaller things that alter someone's behavior.

I'm not saying CTE doesn't have an effect on people, of course it does, I'm just starting to see it get blamed every time an NFL player acts like a piece of ***** by beating up his kids or assaulting his wife. 

OBJ seems to have gotten worse over the years. Must be CTE. 

And with Hernandez - I get that CTE can effect people's judgement etc. but does it effect their ability to feel guilt or show remorse? Because I saw none of that with him. And I get that it can make a person go into a rage on a spur of the moment thing, but does it also make you more likely to plan a murder some time in advance? 

On 1/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I won’t watch it if any of the money goes to the Hernandez family. Horrible human being.

Because his daughter had anything to do with this? She is a victim in this also. I don’t think Netflix pays any more based on viewership either correct me if I’m wrong...

You might actually learn something here. This guy was sexually assaulted as a child, grew up in a home where his father brutally beat his mother, allegedly dealt with being bisexual in the NFL and his brain was being destroyed by a terrible disease that first affects the part that controls decision making and impulse control. A leading Dr said she never saw such advanced stages of this in someone so young. Through that he is responsible for his own actions to a point, but this kid was let down by almost everyone in his life. A tragedy for everyone involved. Starting at least in Gainesville everyone ignored the signs of his problems, and at least 3 people died due to the ignorance of thought that it was more important to keep a star athlete on a national championship team instead of figuring out what the hell was going on. Hell even one of his victims wouldn’t turn him in because he wanted revenge. Ridiculous....

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

The thing that struck me about his story is how the hell  did they try to push the narrative that he became a homicidal maniac from concussion syndrome. This guy was emotionally constructed to be a violent predator by the domestically abusive father and the frustration of being a closeted homosexual. Throw in the entitled, above the law attitude that hometown football stars have , that gets supercharged by making it all the way to the pros. I'm disappointed that the iconic coaches at Florida and the Patriots cared more about his football skills than his obvious breakdown of behavior to live in civilized society. 

Yep. The reason I brought up video games before is because some kids are just wired that way. They have no empathy and are able to kill animals, then move on to humans when they're older. Yes, they played violent video games, but they would have done that sort of stuff without them. You may as well blame consumer culture for their acts, or eating fast food or any other number of the thousands of things every other kid does.

I think it's the same thing with CTE. Hernandez was wired to be a sociopath. That's just the way he was. 

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yep. The reason I brought up video games before is because some kids are just wired that way. They have no empathy and are able to kill animals, then move on to humans when they're older. Yes, they played violent video games, but they would have done that sort of stuff without them. You may as well blame consumer culture for their acts, or eating fast food or any other number of the thousands of things every other kid does.

I think it's the same thing with CTE. Hernandez was wired to be a sociopath. That's just the way he was. 

I would think lots of people are capable of this behavior, but a healthy brain keeps this in check. When the part of your brain that controls this is destroyed there is nothing to stop them from acting out. We don’t know enough about the human brain to know if without CTE  he would have acted on this. The people on this thread acting like they are  leading psychologists are a joke. Have literally no idea on how issues in the brain cause changes, depression, actions. This is nothing but a horrible tragedy that nobody on this message board is truly capable of fully understanding.