New Aaron Hernandez Documentary on Netflix. Wow . Must watch

JerseyBills

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Even with all the Hernandez specials already done by other companies , I'm 1 episode in and this documentary is absolutely addicting. Covers much much more details and is a must watch imo. 

Just go on your Netflix , search Aaron Hernandez to find the documentary ,if it doesn't Pop up on your home screen. Just came out at midnight . 

Gotta say , this really made me feel for Hernandez and all parties involved in this tragedy .

I love good documentaries and this one sounds intriguing.

Thanks for mentioning it.  I'll watch for sure.

I’m not watching this at all.  On my ex-wife’s side who I am still friends, two people who were sexually abused and two of the older generation brutally physically and mentally abused, and they chose to be good people in their lives and are or were very religious and kind human beings. 

There is no excuse for a multiple murderer.  What about those families and how they feel after their child sibling or children feel knowing the person so close to them was killed in cold blood.  

I don’t need to know anymore.  Someone brutally rapes and murders you’re wife or children, ok I have some mercy.  I couldn’t fathom that kind of pain.  But his story is not that.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

What I found to be very disturbing about Hernandez, is that he never showed any emotion, or any remorse.

Mental health is a tricky (and sometimes scary) thing. Who knows how someone else’s mind works? Sadly, sometimes it’s just a mess.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7

Nobody has to feel "bad" for the guy, but he paid the ultimate price for his horrible decisions. He paid his debt as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, life is complicated. Of course he had to be held accountable for taking lives. But recognizing the guy had some SERIOUS psychological issues going on should not be conflated with justifying his actions.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Even with all the Hernandez specials already done by other companies , I'm 1 episode in and this documentary is absolutely addicting. Covers much much more details and is a must watch imo. 

Just go on your Netflix , search Aaron Hernandez to find the documentary ,if it doesn't Pop up on your home screen. Just came out at midnight . 

Gotta say , this really made me feel for Hernandez and all parties involved in this tragedy .

Saw the 2 part series that I think A&E did a while back. You say this is worth watching also? 

It’s definitely captivating but leaves a lot of holes.  No family members are interviewed.  Just a couple dudes he went to high school with and a guy who was a friend of the guy he killed.  And some lawyers.  Not as deep of a dive as most of the OJ specials.  Captivating nonetheless.  Didn’t know or forgot the Patriots hooked him up with an apartment away from his fiancé and baby daughter where he could hide out from people he thought wanted to kill him.  

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

What I found to be very disturbing about Hernandez, is that he never showed any emotion, or any remorse.

He was a confused person since childhood.  Making him a victim of head trauma from football is a very convenient excuse for lawyers.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya that definitely seemed to be a huge part of it. Definitely feel he had onset CTE.  

Crazy seeing Brady/Tebow meet and first thing Brady said was "I'm watching over Aaron"

This doc is great. Very interesting and detailed

I'm pretty sure it was reported he had Stage 4 CTE at the time of his death. 

I think the headline was he had the most severe case of CTE ever studied in a person his age.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

Saw the 2 part series that I think A&E did a while back. You say this is worth watching also? 

I just finished it. I thought it was. I mean depending how interesting you find the whole ordeal. I learned alot of little details I wasn't aware of and was intrigued throughout

52 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I'm pretty sure it was reported he had Stage 4 CTE at the time of his death. 

I think the headline was he had the most severe case of CTE ever studied in a person his age.

Ya I forgot and saw that in last episode. I agree with many on here, that it is no excuse. I think it was one of many factors. Interesting part was his childhood friend saying how he wished he was drafted as far as possible from Connecticut and maybe that's true

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Thanks, I'll take a look.

The in-depth stories on the guy do seem to show a kid who started out as a genuinely good kid. As a big tough kid (high school, I believe), he was threatened with a knife and just handled it really well, non-violently, and with no retribution. Losing his dad really seemed to have bad effects, as did his choice of friends as he grew older.

Sad story.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Nobody has to feel "bad" for the guy, but he paid the ultimate price for his horrible decisions. He paid his debt as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, life is complicated. Of course he had to be held accountable for taking lives. But recognizing the guy had some SERIOUS psychological issues going on should not be conflated with justifying his actions.

Agreed. And it wasn't just psychological issues, it was physiological brain damage.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I read an article about Aaron Hernandez a couple of years back that mentioned he was gay in high school, which wouldn't have gone over well with his father had it been known.  Apparently his father was pretty tough on Aaron.  Was any of this mentioned?