Luke Kuechly Retiring

Virgil

Thats one way to free up cap space. I wasnt too surprised when I heard it. If McBeane could some how figure out a way to get him in here (hypothetical since he is staying retired) that'd be fantastic. Milano Keuchly Edmunds would be a pretty decent LB grouping for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He probably wants to take time away from the game, but I'd say do whatever it takes to bring Kuechly in as a defensive assistant for the coaching staff.

Pay him whatever he wants, think of the impact he could have filling the leadership void left by Lorax and Kyle Williams even though he won't be an active player anymore. I'm also guessing he could really maximize the play/potential of Edmunds and Milano (as well as the younger guys like Vosean Joseph) and could even serve as a recruiting tool in free agency. 

I always hoped the McDermott/Beane connections would eventually lead Keuchly to play for us, but this could work too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

One of my favorite players. Watching him cry after that concussion in 2016, I thought he should have retired after that season. Good luck, Dude.

First thing i thought of when I saw the news.  Loved watching him play and in the All or Nothing for Carolina a few years ago. Just a good dude. Wish him nothing but the best

• Like (+1) 1

Damn Sucks to loose such a great talent. Good Luck Luke!

Now if the Panthers are in full rebuild, Let's go get McCaffery! Imagine Him and Motor! Course that would mean Allen would end up like Tannihill and through 85 yards a game and be labeled a bust!

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/07/20/comical-exchange-among-josh-norman-cam-newton-luke-kuechly-featured-new-season-all-or-nothing/%3foutputType=amp

I will always think of this when I think of Luke Kuechly.  That and great plays.  But always this.  “Who’s team you on?”

Edit: can’t get it to embed for some reason. Definitely worth the watch. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not surprised. Injuries have started to take a toll and he was one of the locker room leaders reportedly very disappointed by Rivera's firing. 

Only if you get in line. I am going first. ?

Pillowfight to properly sort this out like men??

11 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Obsess much?

:lol:

Just my all time favorite player, no biggie...?

Plus the sexiest player to ever play meowwwwwwww!!!!

Someone recently studied retired NFL players and found that nearly all of them suffered brain damage. This kind f damage doesn't repair itself. Just tale a look at former Bears QB Jim McMahon. He has no short term memory left. He'll get up and go to the kitchen and by the time he gets there, he can no longer remember why he came. Brain injuries are no joke. Another serious concussion could seriously degrade his quality of life for the rest of his days. I know it's hard, but he's doing the right thing. He doesn't want to be dependent on others for all of his needs for the rest of his life.

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Coach Rivera will call him and say come to Washington and be on my staff.

Isn't it pretty rare that a top player in their position moves into coaching?  Likely a combination of not needing the money and you can't teach natural instincts/ability.