Luke Kuechly Retiring

Virgil

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Good choice for him. Made plenty of money and getting very beat up.

Totally agree.   No need to string it out for a rebuilding team that might not be good for 2-3 more years.

Put that brain and work ethic to better use, just like Luck did...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Totally agree.   No need to string it out for a rebuilding team that might not be good for 2-3 more years.

Put that brain and work ethic to better use, just like Luck did...

Yessss Coach Kuechly Bills new assistant HC... also LB coach and Waterboy

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

One of my favorite players. Always wanted him in Blue and White, but I respect the decision. 

2 side thoughts:

1- wonder if the coaching change affects this/makes it easier?

2- gotta feel for rhule. Hard enough coming in as the unexpierienced wonderkin, but to do so while losing the rock of leadership on the team is worse. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's had some bad concussions and the team is going into rebuild mode. Walking away with your health intact is more important than playing for 2 or 3 more bad teams. 

We are 1 Kuechly away from this years Lombardi... obviously we need to fill more holes but man this year he would've been perfect

Also, I do wonder if this is somehow the natural evolution of things... when guys are that big of stars, they get that first contract and realistically never have to work another day or their lives (and can be quite comfortable, If wise).. then it’s only the love of the game to keep them going, and it seems like it would be hard to love the game if it’s mostly rehab and feeling like ***** for you. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Concussions.  Wow.

He must have read our thread speculating AB’s bad behaviour was partially attributable to CTE.  Doesn’t want to be throwing bags of phallic inspired candies around in a couple of years, or terrorizing health club weight rooms.

• Like (+1) 1