11 Year old Bills fan Luca Calanni passed away

Gambit

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m so sorry for that little guy, and even more for his family who has to suffer such a loss.  Most people don’t realize quite a number or die from the flu each year especially the elderly, pregnant moms, and children.  Outside of the fact that I have to do it working in medicine, I have always made a point to get a flu shot, and for the most part it works.  No guarantee, but I haven’t had the flu in well over a decade.

Again, I’m very sorry for their loss.  Allen did the high character thing with that jersey.

one of the big reasons people claim to not get the flu shot is they got it one time and still got the flu. it's supposed to lessen the symptoms so you don't die from the flu not stop you from getting it all together.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Before this turns into a debate over anti-vaxxers.  Luca had the vaccine.   It's not full proof and doesn't include all strains.

How about just RIP.

I've no interest in debating.

• Like (+1) 2

my wife already forwarded me this message and is now freaking out about the flu...and we've all had the flu shots.  

that being said, i know a number of people who have had the flu shot this year who have already had the flu.  it's bad.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

one of the big reasons people claim to not get the flu shot is they got it one time and still got the flu. it's supposed to lessen the symptoms so you don't die from the flu not stop you from getting it all together.

Usually though it’s not the flu, but a reaction from the shot, and may feel like they had it when they didn’t.

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

My kids brought it home from daycare this past April. First time I can remember that I had the actual flu and not just a quick stomach bug. 

My normally super energetic 4 year old was a couch potato for a full 3 or 4 days. I only had minor symptoms; fatigue, some chills and a little nausea but I wanted to do absolutely nothing those days. Didn't even want to move. And this was with the shot. I can only imagine how rough the experience is with full-fledged symptoms. 0/10 experience, would not like to have it again

17 hours ago, Gambit said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156766426441892&id=60388086891

Stuff like this just breaks my heart. RIP little dude. Hopefully Buffalo can win it all for you next year. What Josh did for that family is very sweet. ?

I am not a parent but I always say this: I would never wish even my worst enemy the pain of losing their child.

• Like (+1) 1

I knew the father from high school, not good friends but hung around in the same circles.  So my facebook feeds contains friends and friends of friends posting many pictures of Luca, such as Luca and family at the Bills vs Pittsburgh game and getting a Bills jersey at Christmas, he was a big Bills fan.  I have a 7 year old son and get chills every time I see them, I just can't even imagine the pain.  Getting the Bills Mafia to donate to the foundation would be a great way to ensure the foundation lasts and his memory lives on. 

God bless his family.

RIP Luca...