11 Year old Bills fan Luca Calanni passed away

Gambit

Seeing stuff like this just breaks me. I’ve got a 5 year old with the flu as I type this and I just can’t imagine... 

if there’s an afterlife, I hope the first thing this kid hears when he arrives is something like “Viva Los Bills, Amigo! Come pull up a chair and let’s talk about this season.”

"Bodge says during a recent trip the gas station, Luca made a profound statement.

"Dad if we win the lottery, can we start a foundation?" his father recalls him saying. "I want to help kids who aren't as lucky as I am and experience the things that I have. That would be really fun, I would love to do that."

"The Calanni Family has created a foundation in Luca's name: The Luca S. Calanni Foundation."

Maybe Bills fans can do some good in his name by donating.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The flu is killing an inordinate number of kids this year.  Get vaccinated and get your kids vaccinated now!

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

RIP young dude.

To those of you indifferent to or even opposed to flu vaccines, protect the herd. Get vaccinated.

Before this turns into a debate over anti-vaxxers.  Luca had the vaccine.   It's not full proof and doesn't include all strains.

How about just RIP.

I’m so sorry for that little guy, and even more for his family who has to suffer such a loss.  Most people don’t realize quite a number or die from the flu each year especially the elderly, pregnant moms, and children.  Outside of the fact that I have to do it working in medicine, I have always made a point to get a flu shot, and for the most part it works.  No guarantee, but I haven’t had the flu in well over a decade.

Again, I’m very sorry for their loss.  Allen did the high character thing with that jersey.