Penn State 1st Round Hopeful, Gross-Matos named in Federal Hazing Lawsuit.

MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You want me to get married and then for my wife to forcibly pin you down and put "her" balls on your chin?  

That is the most specific kink I have ever heard of.

That sounds like 2nd base with kids today actually. 

You need to be watching with a midget hittng you with a weedwacker to get to 3rd.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's really hard to believe the number of "it happens all over the place" responses on this thread as some sort of justification.  Sad.

People used to think a lot of things weren't so bad because they "happen all over the place."

2 hours ago, eball said:

It's really hard to believe the number of "it happens all over the place" responses on this thread as some sort of justification.  Sad.

People used to think a lot of things weren't so bad because they "happen all over the place."

I can't, and won't speak for others, but I'm not sure that you're correctly comprehending what I said in here.

Here's what I said earlier in this thread: "As for the "hazing", as others have said, it's a way different world than it was even 10 years ago, so a lot of the things us oldsters grew up with, and shrugged them off as "initiation rites" and/or harmless, now cause many snowflakes to need therapy or file lawsuits.

I'm not "justifying" anything. I'm saying that in my personal experience (in the 70s & early 80s), there was plenty of hazing going on, and we just dealt with it, and accepted it as a "normal" thing. I guess we didn't know any better. And in looking at the big picture, you have to admit that people who grew up in the 60s - 80s had "thicker skin" than people who grew up later than that, or today's young kids, don't you?

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I can't, and won't speak for others, but I'm not sure that you're correctly comprehending what I said in here.

Here's what I said earlier in this thread: "As for the "hazing", as others have said, it's a way different world than it was even 10 years ago, so a lot of the things us oldsters grew up with, and shrugged them off as "initiation rites" and/or harmless, now cause many snowflakes to need therapy or file lawsuits.

I'm not "justifying" anything. I'm saying that in my personal experience (in the 70s & early 80s), there was plenty of hazing going on, and we just dealt with it, and accepted it as a "normal" thing. I guess we didn't know any better. And in looking at the big picture, you have to admit that people who grew up in the 60s - 80s had "thicker skin" than people who grew up later than that, or today's young kids, don't you?

Heh.  I literally grew up around 60s-70s college students - parent was a college professor, had college students around the house all the time.  Judging by all the campus protests and the "consciousness raisings" and so forth, I'm not sure that quite matches my memory.  Plenty o' thin skins and sensitivities, was how I remember it.  Plenty of real restrictions on opportunity too.

Mechanics and machinists had more girlie calendars papering shop walls and nobody blinked, if that's what you mean maybe?

4 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

LOL. You realize that a PSU alum is the reason you’re not posting this on the Las Vegas Bills message board...

Yes , so what?  I appreciate what the Pegula’s have done. I now live in central Pa and know that not all alumni believe Saint Joe and the university can do no wrong.  Hilarious how the police never find what independent investigators can and fans always think it’s jealousy or a conspiracy.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:50 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You never hears of teabagging? Sure, it sounds crazy out of context, but ive seen that in multiple places-high school, hockey, the frat.  Also, remember the movie Waiting? The ball sack game? That falls under the heading of hazing now. Its just horseplay. 

There's no context where it doesn't sound crazy (I guess other than in a consensual sexual relationship where someone wants that?)  What was the activity your Fraternity was suspended for?

15 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Sitting out a game against a D1AA opponent would seem to be a fairly trivial penalty for sexual assault. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that the student conduct panel viewed the accusations of sexual assault to be unfounded.   

1st sentence makes sense.  But why would they have suspended him at all if they found the accusations unfounded?  

On 1/14/2020 at 5:48 PM, MAJBobby said:

Humphries claims the alleged bullies would wrestle victims to the ground and shove their genitals in their faces. Other threats allegedly included assailants saying, "I am going to Sandusky you," referencing disgraced former Nittany Lions defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. 

ummm that doesn’t conform ANYWHERE 

My wife has worse stories growing up as the youngest of five with three older brothers.  There are legitimate dangerous hazing practices and these “offenses” don’t meet that threshold in my view.  

24 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

My wife has worse stories growing up as the youngest of five with three older brothers.  There are legitimate dangerous hazing practices and these “offenses” don’t meet that threshold in my view.  

so you are ok with Sexual Assault?  I wonder if your wife is. 

Walterfootball  mock

13.  coltsb_logo.gif Indianapolis Colts: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State PennState_logo.gif
You can never have enough dominant pass rushers, and the Colts could opt to use an early draft pick on a successor for Justin Houston.

Yetur Gross-Matos registered a ridiculous 20 tackles for loss in 2018. His potential is off the charts.

Even if he fell to 22 would not draft him even though a position of need.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heh.  I literally grew up around 60s-70s college students - parent was a college professor, had college students around the house all the time.  Judging by all the campus protests and the "consciousness raisings" and so forth, I'm not sure that quite matches my memory.  Plenty o' thin skins and sensitivities, was how I remember it.  Plenty of real restrictions on opportunity too.

Mechanics and machinists had more girlie calendars papering shop walls and nobody blinked, if that's what you mean maybe?

Not sure if you're actually serious with this post, or just trolling me. But I'll bite. LOL

There were no "participation trophies" in my youth....no "we're going to play this game, but there will be no winners or losers. No 'Everybody's a winner!' "  "Helicopter parents" wasn't a thing back then either.....no endless lines of parents' vehicles at schools to drop off & pick up kids. We took the bus, rode our bikes, or walked.

Nobody had a cellphone or IPad.....in elementary school! Where I grew up in WNY, myself and ALL of my friends did daily/weekly chores at home. Nobody was allowed to skip gym class unless they had a note from a Doctor, NOT a parent's note.

The phrase "Sticks & Stones may hurt my bones, but names will never hurt me" was taken to heart, and we lived by it. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, we shrugged things off and moved on.

How many kids are on some sort of medication for their "mental health" these days? I'd bet the farm that it' a lot more than was back in the 60s - 80s.

I could go on, but like I said, I don't really think you (or anybody, for that matter) seriously believes that kids who grew up after 1990 aren't way more coddled, and aren't way more sensitive, than those who grew up before 1990.

And before somebody chimes in (again) with "OK Boomer", save if for someone who cares. LOL

On 1/14/2020 at 5:50 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You never hears of teabagging? Sure, it sounds crazy out of context, but ive seen that in multiple places-high school, hockey, the frat.  Also, remember the movie Waiting? The ball sack game? That falls under the heading of hazing now. Its just horseplay. 

That hot trainer who used to take care of Peyton Manning sure did

• Haha (+1) 1