Ed Oliver Surgery?

johnwalter

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Probably inguinal if the case. No biggie. Put mine off for almost 2 years before the protrusion became obvious. I'm sure it didn't effect his play. I was physically active the whole time with no limitations or pain before surgery. Just needs to be addressed before any exertion for at least 3 months.

At least that's what my surgeon says.

Yours was a real hernia...

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

What did he say about Allen?

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What the what? 

Not sure it deserves new legs but....

Guy posting from the Carolinas started then deleted a thread claiming his brother was watching Titans/Ravens at Resurgence and Ed Oliver was there and spent the game ripping Lamar Jackson and saying he sucks, was asked about Josh Allen and said he sucks, that Derrick Henry wouldn't come here because our OL couldn't block for him, asked about Tre' White said "he don't f*** with me" etc.

The general reaction was that it seemed unlikely.  Photographic proof was asserted (what it would prove beyond Oliver visited Resurgence, not sure) but not provided and the thread deleted shortly after that.  Resergence seems like an odd venue to watch a Football game but WhaddoIknow.  LAMP was my take.

Jackson is still the League MVP this year and was way too much for at least 12 of the teams they faced to handle, so if Josh Allen sucks by the same analysis I'm not too worried.

The Bills had a top-10 rushing offense even with Gore and his off the cliff performance at the end of the season.

We do need to improve our run blocking and our OL in general though.

It wouldn't surprise me if our Defense is internally and privately way more salty about the Offense than comes out in public.  Guys want to win and we lost 5 heartbreaking games where we just couldn't get that last score.  Even the Seahawks and Russ Wilson famously had controversy where Richard Sherman was mouthing off that the O wasn't carrying its weight.

OTOH the D should mind its own store, because good as they are, they let themselves get marched backwards down the field too many times or give up a key big play too often.  We were susceptible to the screen and certain rush plays. 

My guess would be that the vets on D who see the big picture and have been on various teams understand that the offense is a work in progress with a young QB and not enough top players, while the "Young Guns" don't get it, but I would think a certain sense of frustration would be inevitable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not sure it deserves new legs but....

Guy posting from the Carolinas started then deleted a thread claiming his brother was watching Titans/Ravens at Resurgence and Ed Oliver was there and spent the game ripping Lamar Jackson and saying he sucks, was asked about Josh Allen and said he sucks, that Derrick Henry wouldn't come here because our OL couldn't block for him, asked about Tre' White said "he don't f*** with me" etc.

The general reaction was that it seemed unlikely.  Photographic proof was asserted (what it would prove beyond Oliver visited Resurgence, not sure) but not provided and the thread deleted shortly after that.  Resergence seems like an odd venue to watch a Football game but WhaddoIknow.  LAMP was my take.

Jackson is still the League MVP this year and was way too much for at least 12 of the teams they faced to handle, so if Josh Allen sucks by the same analysis I'm not too worried.

The Bills had a top-10 rushing offense even with Gore and his off the cliff performance at the end of the season.

We do need to improve our run blocking and our OL in general though.

It wouldn't surprise me if our Defense is internally and privately way more salty about the Offense than comes out in public.  Guys want to win and we lost 5 heartbreaking games where we just couldn't get that last score.  Even the Seahawks and Russ Wilson famously had controversy where Richard Sherman was mouthing off that the O wasn't carrying its weight.

OTOH the D should mind its own store, because good as they are, they let themselves get marched backwards down the field too many times or give up a key big play too often.  We were susceptible to the screen and certain rush plays. 

My guess would be that the vets on D who see the big picture and have been on various teams understand that the offense is a work in progress with a young QB and not enough top players, while the "Young Guns" don't get it, but I would think a certain sense of frustration would be inevitable.

hard to imagine a player mouthing off like that at a bar about his own team mates.  But his look at me attitude after big plays does make ya wonder how much is true

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

hard to imagine a player mouthing off like that at a bar about his own team mates.  But his look at me attitude after big plays does make ya wonder how much is true

I'm put off by his instagram stories as well. I've seen him complain that he wasn't credited for sacks he thinks he should have been instead of his teammates (and he was wrong) and lots of me-first stuff like that. 

18 hours ago, arcane said:

I'm put off by his instagram stories as well. I've seen him complain that he wasn't credited for sacks he thinks he should have been instead of his teammates (and he was wrong) and lots of me-first stuff like that. 

Not sounding like the kinda guy McBeane is gonna want around suprised they didn’t discover this me me me attitude in interviews before the draft