Does Josh live in Buffalo or WNY in the offseason?

Another Fan

4 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Because financially it's probably smarter for him to rent a place before making a big commitment. WNY doesn't have the greatest real estate appreciation and has high taxes.

Not sure about the burbs but there is a real estate boom in Buffalo.  

if I was an established guy, I’d buy a place near Delaware park.  

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I think White did, and Beasley talked about his house and using his playoff $$ to buy some kind of ATV he could use to wheel his kids around his property in his podcast

I ‘spect it may not make sense as an investment, but comparing a couple years mortgage & taxes vs. a couple years rent of a high-end place probably comes out in the wash, even if it loses some $$ on resale.  

For a celebrity, owning vs renting probably has some security/privacy benefits, too.

It might have changed, but it used to be that renting was more expensive than buying in general there in buffalo.  Esp given very low property value and low lending rate.

i assume even rich pro nfl players I still do a 20% DP and at least a 15 yr mortgage at these rates. 

with their kind of money they can buy higher return assets with The other cash than a home in that market. 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It might have changed, but it used to be that renting was more expensive than buying in general there in buffalo.  Esp given very low property value and low lending rate.

i assume even rich pro nfl players I still do a 20% DP and at least a 15 yr mortgage at these rates. 

with their kind of money they can buy higher return assets with The other cash than a home in that market. 

You will struggle to find a high end Buffalo 2 bedroom rental for over $3500.  Whereas even a $500k home with all mortgage/taxes/insurance and upkeep will be at least $4000 a month---and then you are stuck selling it.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You will struggle to find a high end Buffalo 2 bedroom rental for over $3500.  Whereas even a $500k home with all mortgage/taxes/insurance and upkeep will be at least $4000 a month---and then you are stuck selling it.

isnt 500k in buffalo a palace? 

Also 4000 per month? Any chance I can sell you a mortgage? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Isn’t that what a payment on a 500k house in Buffalo would be though? 400k mortgage for 15 is $2800.  Taxes have to be 15-18k right? I don’t live in the area but that’s what I’ve heard. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

"mortgage/taxes/insurance/upkeep"

Young players on their rookie contracts would be crazy to buy a house in Buffalo.  There's an excellent chance you won't be there when your contract is up.    Live like a king for under 3K a month renting a nice 1BR

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Isn’t that what a payment on a 500k house in Buffalo would be though? 400k mortgage for 15 is $2800.  Taxes have to be 15-18k right? I don’t live in the area but that’s what I’ve heard. 

15k-18k on just a half a mil house? Good god I am glad I moved away from there.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

"mortgage/taxes/insurance/upkeep"

Young players on their rookie contracts would be crazy to buy a house in Buffalo.  There's an excellent chance you won't be there when your contract is up.    Live like a king for under 3K a month renting a nice 1BR

Anyone who gives or accepts blanket advice on real estate would also be in my view crazy. 

27 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I could be wrong but I know my uncles house up there was 750k and he pays 30 a year in taxes. Yikes

Wow. I bet it’s an awesome house though for 750 in the Buff. 

Here in Rockville MD thats a very average sized fixer upper but the taxes are under 10k. 

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Here in Rockville MD thats a very average sized fixer upper but the taxes are under 10k. 

You wanna here the craziest thing? He bought it in 2006 and didn’t tell his wife. She got pissed bc she’s likes their current house. So she made him remodel their current house and refused to move into his big, new home. Its been almost 15 years and he’s never stayed a single night in the new house. Never showered in it, nothing. If i

wasn’t related to him, I’d never believe it. Most bizarre thing ever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I could be wrong but I know my uncles house up there was 750k and he pays 30 a year in taxes. Yikes

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

These are both accurate statements. $320K in Cheektowaga will put you around $15K in taxes. God I want out of here!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Man signed a four-year $21M fully guaranteed contract with $13.5M up front and another $1.4 salary/bonus last year.

Financially, it might be smarter for him to live in his parent’s basement and drive a $5k dented van like Kirk Cousins does, but he doesn’t have to drive all his decisions by what’s “best”.   He can afford to buy himself a WNY house, a truck, and a Range Rover if he wants to, pay off his family’s farm debt and float his dad the $$ for a few deep wells, and still have plenty left to invest as long as he doesn’t go too nuts otherwise.

The other side of “not great real estate appreciation” is you can buy a very nice house for much less $$ than other parts of the country.

True but you then have to be able to sell it

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

True but you then have to be able to sell it

Even if it sells at a loss, could still be worth it to the guy to have privacy and access to a house that meets his needs.

As long as it’s not too extravagant, I expect there is probably a continuing market for a house configured for working out, watching film, and entertaining and near Adpro Center.

14 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

this is about right.  the million dollar homes are 37-40k ish a year depending on the suburbs.  it's a weird trade off.  you don't spend nearly as much on the house, but you spend a ton on taxes.  i'd much rather pay for the house than pay the government, but that's life up here.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

this is about right.  the million dollar homes are 37-40k ish a year depending on the suburbs.  it's a weird trade off.  you don't spend nearly as much on the house, but you spend a ton on taxes.  i'd much rather pay for the house than pay the government, but that's life up here.

How does that break down City/County?

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How does that break down City/County?

the county isn't the terrible portion.  the school taxes is what kills you.  i want to say our school taxes are a bit over 75% of the bill.  it's gross.  i pay pretty aggressively on extra principal, but when you look at the bill, the interest and principal are as much as the taxes.

edit:  not sure if i answered your exact question.

Edited by teef