Does Josh live in Buffalo or WNY in the offseason?

Another Fan

fortunately purchasing a house in wny is a pretty cost effective process.  it can be cheaper than rent depending on what you're looking for.  hell, i know a few people who have multiple kids/friends going to school at the same place, so they buy a house for the time the kids are there.  cheaper than living in the dorms/apartments, and they sell it for a slight profit.  

58 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I highly doubt that honestly.

Why would you doubt that?  Allen has said in several interviews that he bought a house in B’lo.

Other players have talked about hanging at “Josh’s house” regularly to watch Monday nite football and play group games

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Why would you doubt that?  Allen has said in several interviews that he bought a house in B’lo.

Other players have talked about hanging at “Josh’s house” regularly to watch Monday nite football and play group games

Because financially it's probably smarter for him to rent a place before making a big commitment. WNY doesn't have the greatest real estate appreciation and has high taxes.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:00 PM, theAteam said:

I believe last year he went back to his hometown in Central Valley CA so I would assume he'd go there again.

He said in interview that he visited, but he prefers So. Cali.

Said when he goes home, people keep wanting to buy him dinner and he gains weight.

Said in So Cali “no one cares about football” so he can just train.

13 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Because financially it's probably smarter for him to rent a place before making a big commitment. WNY doesn't have the greatest real estate appreciation and has high taxes.

Man signed a four-year $21M fully guaranteed contract with $13.5M up front and another $1.4 salary/bonus last year.

Financially, it might be smarter for him to live in his parent’s basement and drive a $5k dented van like Kirk Cousins does, but he doesn’t have to drive all his decisions by what’s “best”.   He can afford to buy himself a WNY house, a truck, and a Range Rover if he wants to, pay off his family’s farm debt and float his dad the $$ for a few deep wells, and still have plenty left to invest as long as he doesn’t go too nuts otherwise.

The other side of “not great real estate appreciation” is you can buy a very nice house for much less $$ than other parts of the country.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Didn't White buy a house too? Thought I remembered seeing that on one of the promo videos

I think White did, and Beasley talked about his house and using his playoff $$ to buy some kind of ATV he could use to wheel his kids around his property in his podcast

I ‘spect it may not make sense as an investment, but comparing a couple years mortgage & taxes vs. a couple years rent of a high-end place probably comes out in the wash, even if it loses some $$ on resale.  

For a celebrity, owning vs renting probably has some security/privacy benefits, too.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think White did, and Beasley talked about his house and using his playoff $$ to buy some kind of ATV he could use to wheel his kids around his property in his podcast

I ‘spect it may not make sense as an investment, but comparing a couple years mortgage & taxes vs. a couple years rent of a high-end place probably comes out in the wash, even if it loses some $$ on resale.  

For a celebrity, owning vs renting probably has some security/privacy benefits, too.

tre has a much more secure future than josh right now. Tre has over 100 mil in earnings coming his way so buying a home which if he stays in buffalo the rest of his career he probably keeps the place for every time he comes back here post retirement.