Does Josh live in Buffalo or WNY in the offseason?

Another Fan

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I “Get It”, it just seems really lame if the guys are allowed to be in the facility and receive treatment or train there, but they can’t have contact with coaches.

I know the restrictions exist, and I understand why the restrictions exist, I’m just not sure it’s 100% to the players benefit.

It appears to benefit union more.  I wonder what would happen if a player told NFL and NFLPA in right-to-work state I do not want to part of union.

There must be some players with anti-union tendancies especially when NFLPA supports players who hurt other players in violation of rules.

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

img_1074.jpg?resize=550,550&ssl=1

Pictured at Javier Cantna in Newport Beach is:

Stephen Hauschka, Cam Phillips, Da’Mari Scott, Matt Barkley, Josh Allen, Jason Croom, Victor Bolden.

My wife is in Newport Beach a lot these days. She’s there again next week, in fact. I had to cancel my last trip (which would have been my first), but hope to hit that place when I do make it out there. Just.........because. My wife is not into “places”, but came back after her first trip saying “I could live there!” 

6 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Allen owns a home in the area, I am sure he is back from time to time. But he said he likes to go back to CA to visit family & friends & also he trains with Jordan Palmer in CA, he probably comes back late winter/early spring to start working out.

He bought there?

Dude....

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Stephen Hauschka, Cam Phillips, Da’Mari Scott, Matt Barkley, Josh Allen, Jason Croom, Victor Bolden.

Just an observation: the two guys on the far left look like their on something, drunk, sleep deprived, or all of the above.

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

If this point was made somewhere I apologize as I missed it.  I know many fans feel he has WNY personality traits in abundance.  For example his showing up to that local high school football game unannounced.  But just how much of a Buffalo kind of guy is he?

I wouldn’t necessarily question his dedication any more in the offseason if he lived elsewhere.  It’d be just something that’d sound real cool should he keep developing/progressing 

If you were him would you stay here or go to So. California? Yeah I thought so

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife is in Newport Beach a lot these days. She’s there again next week, in fact. I had to cancel my last trip (which would have been my first), but hope to hit that place when I do make it out there. Just.........because. My wife is not into “places”, but came back after her first trip saying “I could live there!” 

At Javier's??  Either he's the most handsome SOB ever or they make some great guac...

1 minute ago, stony said:

At Javier's??  Either he's the most handsome SOB ever or they make some great guac...

Avocados “have a yucky texture” to her, so it’s Newport Beach she loves. (It could be Javier, but I doubt it, sort of....) We’ll never be able to afford the life we’d like there....but I should reserve judgement until I visit. I’m into living somewhere nice every day (like NOW), while she’s more interested in getting to the “finish line”. No guarantee I reach that, so I’m more “let’s be happy TODAY!” 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MR8 said:

I don't disagree with you guys, and I could be wrong, as i said my understanding is the coaches aren't allowed to interact with the players or it's a CBA Violation, which is why the players go to outside QB coaches and facilities to work out... if they're at their team's facilities they aren't allowed to interact with the coaches so they're just doing it on their own, so why not go to a facility where they can work with trainers.  

It's always easier to work out with a trainer and other guys than by yourself.

I am OK with a vast majority of the last CBA, EXCEPT this part. 

There is absolutely no reason why players shouldn’t be allowed to (or even required) to be in the teams facility working with coaches on things like film, weights, and walk throughs for 60%+ of the off season. There is 6 months from the Super Bowl to training camp. It would make the product much better. 

There is lno other elite sport (professional or Olympic) that gets this much time off from their professional team or NGB coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Josh, Darnold and Kyle Allen go to work with Jordan Palmer https://qbsummit.com/

Last offseason Josh and Darnold shared a home out there

Heard the plan is the same for this year.

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

65 and sunny here in So Cal today! 

It’s colder here in Sacramento than Buffalo right now.  I’d like to move south but wife doesn’t 

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

Allen is going to make the team next year, of course.  A lot of guys can't be sure they will.  Those are the guys the CBA protects/limits by denying them the opportunity to interact with coaches.  If I'm one of four guys on the bubble for a position, and I know two of the others are training and talking to coaches every day, then I have to do it too to protect my interests.  On the flip side, a player who could benefit from a coach's guidance during the offseason can't get that assistance.

My view is, these guys don't have to go back home and get regular jobs in the offseason the way players back in the 60s did.  There were stories about some of the championship Bills working in hardware stores or selling carpets in the offseason, just to make ends meet.  So, since players today make so much money, why not let this be a full-time job, with year-round access to coaches and trainers.

because union

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Is it just me, or does Barkley always looks like a 16 year old teen girl meeting her idol in these pics?  Kinda like he can’t believe he’s there.  Makes me laugh each time.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Another Fan said:

If this point was made somewhere I apologize as I missed it.  I know many fans feel he has WNY personality traits in abundance.  For example his showing up to that local high school football game unannounced.  But just how much of a Buffalo kind of guy is he?

I wouldn’t necessarily question his dedication any more in the offseason if he lived elsewhere.  It’d be just something that’d sound real cool should he keep developing/progressing 

He is from California so unless its on fire I would think being a young guy that's where he would be...close to his family :)

10 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Yeah, heaven forbid that they would have to work the whole year....just like 99% of Americans....to make their millions. ?

But they do work in the off season they need to watch their diet and train to stay in shape and I would think most players do a lot of their charity work in the off season.

Trust me watching what you eat and working out at the gym is tough....for me anyway...I struggle to stay motivated...I find it easier to do my job everyday :)

Its just a bit different from our 9-5 grind :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

good question.  Players are not allowed to speak with coaches ....   so   

hang a sign   No Coaches Allowed 

I HATE THIS PART of the last CBA. I understand keeping contact to a minimum, especially given the size, speed, and strength of these guys in the NFL. I understand the body needs to heal after a very grueling season. But there’s no reason why these guys can’t or shouldn’t be with their teams SC coaches and coordinators working on 7v7, sleds, weights, mechanics, technique, getting stretched out etc. starting March or April 1, 6 days per week. Maybe they get a week off here and there in between.