Does Josh live in Buffalo or WNY in the offseason?

Another Fan

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I would like to know is whether Beasley and Brown and Kroft will visit and work out with Josh.

Brown I believe resides in Florida.  Beasley has a ranch in Texas.

Knox said he planned to work with Josh out in Cali.  Actually said he did so last year.

I believe you are doling the straight gouge but Man! That’s lame.  If a guy has a question, and a coach could answer it, they really should be able to talk

CBA is really strict on what the coaches can and cannot demand of guys during their "breaks". 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What I would like to know is whether Beasley and Brown and Kroft will visit and work out with Josh.

Brown I believe resides in Florida.  Beasley has a ranch in Texas.

I believe you are doling the straight gouge but Man! That’s lame.  If a guy has a question, and a coach could answer it, they really should be able to talk

Exactly. This isn't college any more.

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

CBA is really strict on what the coaches can and cannot demand of guys during their "breaks". 

I “Get It”, it just seems really lame if the guys are allowed to be in the facility and receive treatment or train there, but they can’t have contact with coaches.

I know the restrictions exist, and I understand why the restrictions exist, I’m just not sure it’s 100% to the players benefit.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I “Get It”, it just seems really lame if the guys are allowed to be in the facility and receive treatment or train there, but they can’t have contact with coaches.

I know the restrictions exist, and I understand why the restrictions exist, I’m just not sure it’s 100% to the players benefit.

Just now, chongli said:

But if the player initiates, there should be no problem.

I don't disagree with you guys, and I could be wrong, as i said my understanding is the coaches aren't allowed to interact with the players or it's a CBA Violation, which is why the players go to outside QB coaches and facilities to work out... if they're at their team's facilities they aren't allowed to interact with the coaches so they're just doing it on their own, so why not go to a facility where they can work with trainers.  

It's always easier to work out with a trainer and other guys than by yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Ya.

NFLPA is really worried of season scope creep -- in other words, they're afraid of the season obligation of a player growing to nearly a year round proposition.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

img_1074.jpg?resize=550,550&ssl=1

Pictured at Javier Cantna in Newport Beach is:

Stephen Hauschka, Cam Phillips, Da’Mari Scott, Matt Barkley, Josh Allen, Jason Croom, Victor Bolden.

I hope he works out with some quality receivers this off-season.

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds like an NCAA type move.....BAD

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

img_1074.jpg?resize=550,550&ssl=1

Pictured at Javier Cantna in Newport Beach is:

Stephen Hauschka, Cam Phillips, Da’Mari Scott, Matt Barkley, Josh Allen, Jason Croom, Victor Bolden.

yum, I need to go there again soon with the wife

Also have them in Irvine, LA & Vegas, damn it's so good

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

If a QB is working out with a private coach like Palmer you can bet that coach and the QB’s team are on the same page with the training.  If not, there’s real problems somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

The trouble with that is then the line gets foggy. All of a sudden offseason work with the coaches is "not required but highly recommended"

In any case, although it seems silly on some level, if it's equal for all teams then it's fine. I imagine the coaching staffs also have good recommendations for the players as to where they should go and train and whom they should train with.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is going to make the team next year, of course.  A lot of guys can't be sure they will.  Those are the guys the CBA protects/limits by denying them the opportunity to interact with coaches.  If I'm one of four guys on the bubble for a position, and I know two of the others are training and talking to coaches every day, then I have to do it too to protect my interests.  On the flip side, a player who could benefit from a coach's guidance during the offseason can't get that assistance.

My view is, these guys don't have to go back home and get regular jobs in the offseason the way players back in the 60s did.  There were stories about some of the championship Bills working in hardware stores or selling carpets in the offseason, just to make ends meet.  So, since players today make so much money, why not let this be a full-time job, with year-round access to coaches and trainers.

4 hours ago, boater said:

Ya.

NFLPA is really worried of season scope creep -- in other words, they're afraid of the season obligation of a player growing to nearly a year round proposition.

Yeah, heaven forbid that they would have to work the whole year....just like 99% of Americans....to make their millions. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, chongli said:

The Union made agreements with Ownership. Rules were put in place. With this much money on the line in a hyper litigious world, no one wants to take those chances. 

• Like (+1) 1