Does Josh live in Buffalo or WNY in the offseason?

Another Fan

If this point was made somewhere I apologize as I missed it.  I know many fans feel he has WNY personality traits in abundance.  For example his showing up to that local high school football game unannounced.  But just how much of a Buffalo kind of guy is he?

I wouldn’t necessarily question his dedication any more in the offseason if he lived elsewhere.  It’d be just something that’d sound real cool should he keep developing/progressing 

Allen said he will take a few weeks off and then begin getting back in the weight room to get himself into "peak physical condition" for the offseason program. He intends to again work out with quarterback guru Jordan Palmer in California and a group of quarterbacks, including the Jets' Sam Darnold.

"The months tend to fly by," Allen said. "That's what happened last year. I am as anxious to get back practicing again. I wish we were doing that today, but it is what it is."

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

If this point was made somewhere I apologize as I missed it.  I know many fans feel he has WNY personality traits in abundance.  For example his showing up to that local high school football game unannounced.  But just how much of a Buffalo kind of guy is he?

I wouldn’t necessarily question his dedication any more in the offseason if he lived elsewhere.  It’d be just something that’d sound real cool should he keep developing/progressing 

He has said he plans to train in S. Cali in the off season.  Rents a house there to work with Jordan Palmer.  

I’m unclear if he’s allowed to work out at the Bills facility in the off-season?

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

img_1074.jpg?resize=550,550&ssl=1

Pictured at Javier Cantna in Newport Beach is:

Stephen Hauschka, Cam Phillips, Da’Mari Scott, Matt Barkley, Josh Allen, Jason Croom, Victor Bolden.

Where and when did pic come from?  Seems like a last-year group of guys given Phillips (now XFL), Scott (now Giants), Bolden (now Lions)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He has said he plans to train in S. Cali in the off season.  Rents a house there to work with Jordan Palmer.  

I’m unclear if he’s allowed to work out at the Bills facility in the off-season?

good question.  Players are not allowed to speak with coaches ....   so   

hang a sign   No Coaches Allowed 

52 minutes ago, theAteam said:

I believe last year he went back to his hometown in Central Valley CA so I would assume he'd go there again.

Negative, he visited but said he gains too much weight there because everyone wants to take him out to dinner.

Said he prefers Southern Cali where “nobody cares about football” (ouch!) and he can just settle in and train

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where and when did pic come from?  Seems like a last-year group of guys given Phillips (now XFL), Scott (now Giants), Bolden (now Lions)

The internets ....   it took some time to find that     2019/03/15/

https://716sportspost.com/2019/03/15/bills-players-meet-up-for-team-dinner/

There is also a picture of the guys with their better halves but I didn't find that one 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Negative, he visited but said he gains too much weight there because everyone wants to take him out to dinner.

Said he prefers Southern Cali where “nobody cares about football” (ouch!) and he can just settle in and train

Oh dang I live in socal but not LA

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am pretty sure the way it works is the facility is open and he is allowed to work out, but coaches are not allowed to work with him.

The facility is always open to the guys during the off-season if they want to use it because then the team knows they're there, they're working out, and they have their trainers there if treatment is needed.  But the coaching staff is not allowed to work with them or anything like that.  

What I would like to know is whether Beasley and Brown and Kroft will visit and work out with Josh.

Brown I believe resides in Florida.  Beasley has a ranch in Texas.

Knox said he planned to work with Josh out in Cali.  Actually said he did so last year.

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I am pretty sure the way it works is the facility is open and he is allowed to work out, but coaches are not allowed to work with him.

The facility is always open to the guys during the off-season if they want to use it because then the team knows they're there, they're working out, and they have their trainers there if treatment is needed.  But the coaching staff is not allowed to work with them or anything like that.  

I believe you are doling the straight gouge but Man! That’s lame.  If a guy has a question, and a coach could answer it, they really should be able to talk

• Like (+1) 2