Jump to content
Rigotz

Top WR Prospects

Recommended Posts

It's incredible to me that Jefferson doesn't even make the top 15....Jefferson this year will be last year's McLaurin. His polish, quickness, good speed and ability to make Defenders miss while running a wide slate of routes. He's also 6-3 and has shown he can make all sorts of plays on the ball. Just in the Nat. Champ game last night his fluidity and his ability to change direction on a dime were superb. Give me Jefferson in the 2nd all day and then another WR in the 4th, like Claypool if he lasts that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Higgins is a monster.   
 

Refs are garbage and robbed him of long td reception with bogus OPI. 
 

Id be thrilled to add Higgins, Shenault, or the Bama guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What about Randy Moss's son as a TE option?

Similar sized to Knox at 6-3 249# not sure he adds much to this team but a new name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Similar sized to Knox at 6-3 249# not sure he adds much to this team but a new name. 

 

Seems to have much better hands and more playing time and experience than Knox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

 I'd take an edge rusher instead.

 

Oh God I hope not

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love for the Shenault supporters to share with me what it is they love about him so much.

I admittedly haven't watched him all that much, but everyone seems to say that his best traits are his run-after-catch ability and his versatility, that he can play outside, slot, and in the backfield. Well, I've seen those types of players in the NFL before: Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Sammy Watkins. I don't want a 'tweener who does most of his damage AFTER he catches the ball. I want a guy who does his damage by running sick routes and getting open and high-pointing jump balls and scoring receiving touchdowns. A player like Shenault sounds all good and well for a team that already HAS dominant outside receivers -- the Bills do not.

Can Shenault be a true number 1 receiver in the NFL? Or is he a guy you have to scheme up and figure out creative ways to get the ball in his hands? I want a true wide receiver that can dominate AS A WIDE RECEIVER. Is Shenault that?

As I said, I haven't watched him a ton. I'm mostly going off the scouting reports I've read and the discussion of him by various draft analysts and by fans who want the Bills to draft him. What am I missing with this guy?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

It's incredible to me that Jefferson doesn't even make the top 15....Jefferson this year will be last year's McLaurin. His polish, quickness, good speed and ability to make Defenders miss while running a wide slate of routes. He's also 6-3 and has shown he can make all sorts of plays on the ball. Just in the Nat. Champ game last night his fluidity and his ability to change direction on a dime were superb. Give me Jefferson in the 2nd all day and then another WR in the 4th, like Claypool if he lasts that long.

I was thinking it was because he hasn’t declared yet, but I could be wrong.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, H2o said:

I love that everyone is sleeping on Chase Claypool. I hope every executive is as well, except for ours. He is 6'5" just like Mike Evans, has the same exact body type as Mike Evans, will put up similar numbers at the combine as Mike Evans, and is one of the most underrated WR prospects in this draft. He has excellent body control, can jump over defenders to highpoint the ball, has excellent hands, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has deceptive speed, and is good with the ball in his hands after the catch for a big guy. 

I've been wondering about that too.  I watched Notre Dame every week and he always seems to make the tough catches over people.  I'd love to see him on the Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'd love for the Shenault supporters to share with me what it is they love about him so much.

I admittedly haven't watched him all that much, but everyone seems to say that his best traits are his run-after-catch ability and his versatility, that he can play outside, slot, and in the backfield. Well, I've seen those types of players in the NFL before: Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Sammy Watkins. I don't want a 'tweener who does most of his damage AFTER he catches the ball. I want a guy who does his damage by running sick routes and getting open and high-pointing jump balls and scoring receiving touchdowns. A player like Shenault sounds all good and well for a team that already HAS dominant outside receivers -- the Bills do not.

Can Shenault be a true number 1 receiver in the NFL? Or is he a guy you have to scheme up and figure out creative ways to get the ball in his hands? I want a true wide receiver that can dominate AS A WIDE RECEIVER. Is Shenault that?

As I said, I haven't watched him a ton. I'm mostly going off the scouting reports I've read and the discussion of him by various draft analysts and by fans who want the Bills to draft him. What am I missing with this guy?

Actually you have a good understanding of him.  He isn't all that people are making him out to be.  He is fluid, fast, runs decent routes, and has good size.  All great attributes, but then you start looking at him on deep routes with tight coverage and see a guy that doesn't adjust all that well to the ball to make contested catches, a guy that doesn't adjust to throws a little off target, a guy that isn't a great blocker, a guy that doesn't sell the play when it doesn't come his way and his production wasn't great this past season as being the guy (not that it a determining factor as to his success with a better team around him, but he was their feature player on offense and he didn't break 800 receiving yards this season playing every game).  He'd be an amazing guy to have in the slot and to run those sweep passes, but I just don't see him as a No. 1 WR in NFL.

Edited by Ayjent
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Hes not a speed guy so needs to use his body to be physical and make contested catches, but i just cant see him out muscling a true physical cover corner.

 

I agree completely. I'll preface this by saying I haven't watched nearly the amount of film it would take to form a strong opinion. But in my limited research I get major Kelvin Benjamin vibes from Higgins. All length with average at best athleticism. It makes me wary. And I feel that similar prospects will be available on day 2.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

I agree completely. I'll preface this by saying I haven't watched nearly the amount of film it would take to form a strong opinion. But in my limited research I get major Kelvin Benjamin vibes from Higgins. All length with average at best athleticism. It makes me wary. And I feel that similar prospects will be available on day 2.

 

No way Benjamin would have scored on that reverse that Higgins scored on imo

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

 

I agree completely. I'll preface this by saying I haven't watched nearly the amount of film it would take to form a strong opinion. But in my limited research I get major Kelvin Benjamin vibes from Higgins. All length with average at best athleticism. It makes me wary. And I feel that similar prospects will be available on day 2.

I think Higgins and Jefferson both are not No. 1 guys after watching them both in the Playoff games and watching more and more entire game snap replays.  They are both effectively No. 2s on their respective teams.  I'd rather have Chase or Ross tbh.  I really liked Jefferson before looking at him closer.  Not so much anymore.  Willing blocker, and pretty agile big guy, but some limitations and isn't nearly as explosive or game breaking as Chase.  Jefferson and Higgins are actually pretty similar.  Both are good players and will be solid in the NFL, but if you are looking for a dominating WR for many years, they probably aren't the guys.  I'd be happy with either one on the Bills, though.  They would definitely upgrade the position and add some size and athleticism.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am shocked no one mentions a supreme talent like Tyler Johnson.

 

Baffles me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Shenault's the guy I want.    But in true Bills fashion, I can't get my hopes up--since he'll get taken one slot before our selection if I do...

I don’t want us to sit on our pick for a WR unless there are a bunch of similarly rated ones.  If we have one that we like a lot better  than others and he’s in range, then go get him.  There’s almost nothing the Bills can do in FA to fill that need adequately (though we will do something) and the other 31 teams know we will be taking one early.  I don’t want another team to jump us for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't watch much college ball, but I start researching as the season ends.

 

Shenault is the guy I've fallen in love with first.

 

He just seems unique.

 

However, I don't think he falls to us at 22.

 

 

I actually think we're going to invest in an edge rusher/OLB in the 1st round and take a WR in the 2nd round since this draft class is supposedly the best in years or ever and the reality is we will have more of a void at OLB/DE with LoRax retiring and Shaq likely leaving for greener pastures. 

 

So, at that point... who fits us most where we're picking in the 2nd round?  Tyler or Collin Johnson?  Someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

 

You really think he'll be there?


I think Philly right now is our worry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'd love for the Shenault supporters to share with me what it is they love about him so much.

I admittedly haven't watched him all that much, but everyone seems to say that his best traits are his run-after-catch ability and his versatility, that he can play outside, slot, and in the backfield. Well, I've seen those types of players in the NFL before: Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Sammy Watkins. I don't want a 'tweener who does most of his damage AFTER he catches the ball. I want a guy who does his damage by running sick routes and getting open and high-pointing jump balls and scoring receiving touchdowns. A player like Shenault sounds all good and well for a team that already HAS dominant outside receivers -- the Bills do not.

Can Shenault be a true number 1 receiver in the NFL? Or is he a guy you have to scheme up and figure out creative ways to get the ball in his hands? I want a true wide receiver that can dominate AS A WIDE RECEIVER. Is Shenault that?

As I said, I haven't watched him a ton. I'm mostly going off the scouting reports I've read and the discussion of him by various draft analysts and by fans who want the Bills to draft him. What am I missing with this guy?

I'm a Colorado season ticket holder and Shenault is as unique as they come. He gets credit for his run after the catch, because he's like a violent Rhino when he gets the ball. Colorado for the most part was a dumpster fire. I wouldn't be surprised if Shenault runs in the 4.4s, that he is the first WR off the board. He's that unique of a talent. 

 

At Colorado he did everything. Wildcat, caught screens, was dangerous as hell on slants. Caught deep balls, won 50/50 balls and played through injuries. He loves to compete, which is the biggest thing. 

 

I'm biased, but if he's there at 22 you take him. He's a game changer. He's what you envisioned in Sammy Watkins. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Epenesa or Shenault. If they are both there at 22 what do you think Beane would do? I think Epenesa would win that battle 

BPA always.  Espenesa all day over Shenault.  We have 8 more picks-plenty of draft value WRs on board post round 1

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...