Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rigotz

Top WR Prospects

Recommended Posts

I love Shenault, but I'd be happy with any of the top five if we go WR first round: 

 

Jeudy

Lamb

Ruggs

Shenault

Higgins

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had to speculate, they won’t go receiver until 2nd or 3rd round. I bet they actually go CB in round 1. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that everyone is sleeping on Chase Claypool. I hope every executive is as well, except for ours. He is 6'5" just like Mike Evans, has the same exact body type as Mike Evans, will put up similar numbers at the combine as Mike Evans, and is one of the most underrated WR prospects in this draft. He has excellent body control, can jump over defenders to highpoint the ball, has excellent hands, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has deceptive speed, and is good with the ball in his hands after the catch for a big guy. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quintez Cephus from Wisconsin is my sleeper. I know he has serious off field issues, but he is a massive WR but an amazing hands catcher.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

If I had to speculate, they won’t go receiver until 2nd or 3rd round. I bet they actually go CB in round 1. 

 

Stop it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

Here's a great link breaking down the top WR prospects in this year's draft:

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/top-15-2020-nfl-draft-wr-rankings

 

Who do you like?

Good topic, but this link leads to a page last updated in July of 2019.  It misses a season of information.  That said Juedy appears to be the best, but long gone by the time the Bills pick.  I like Pittman from USC in round 2 or 3.  Shenault is certainly a good round 1 candidate, but will he be there?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, H2o said:

I love that everyone is sleeping on Chase Claypool. I hope every executive is as well, except for ours. He is 6'5" just like Mike Evans, has the same exact body type as Mike Evans, will put up similar numbers at the combine as Mike Evans, and is one of the most underrated WR prospects in this draft. He has excellent body control, can jump over defenders to highpoint the ball, has excellent hands, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has deceptive speed, and is good with the ball in his hands after the catch for a big guy. 

Yup! Guy is a monster. I'm hoping the whole NFL sleeps on this guy and we can grab him with a later pick. After combine i'm sure his stock will jump up a ton though. Hes going to put up huge numbers.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

Good topic, but this link leads to a page last updated in July of 2019.  It misses a season of information.  That said Juedy appears to be the best, but long gone by the time the Bills pick.  I like Pittman from USC in round 2 or 3.  Shenault is certainly a good round 1 candidate, but will he be there?

 I've seen some sources list Pittman as a late 1st round pick. The combine is going to be big for him to prove he has NFL speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he hasn't declared yet, but I expect Justin Jefferson to move up the charts if he does. I know he is a slot receiver, but damn, he is a good one.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With every top prospect over 6' we really cant go wrong.

 

I dont think we'll have a shot at Jeudy or Lamb since we're picking at 22.

 

I wouldnt mind Shenault at 22, and another WR in the 4th or so. Desperately need to find hungry playmakers to put around Josh.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take Jeudy, Lamb, or Shenault in the 1st round, in that order. Assuming they're all gone by our pick, I'd take an edge rusher instead. IMO Tee Higgins will be overdrafted. I'd take someone like Collin Johnson or Michael Pittman on day 2.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, H2o said:

I love that everyone is sleeping on Chase Claypool. I hope every executive is as well, except for ours. He is 6'5" just like Mike Evans, has the same exact body type as Mike Evans, will put up similar numbers at the combine as Mike Evans, and is one of the most underrated WR prospects in this draft. He has excellent body control, can jump over defenders to highpoint the ball, has excellent hands, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has deceptive speed, and is good with the ball in his hands after the catch for a big guy. 

Love, love Claypool!  He also dealt with his sister committing suicide and is from Canada.  Seems like a really mature guy and would be a perfect addition to our receiving core.

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

Do not overlook Michael Pittman.

He’s a baller and another perfect complement.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

With every top prospect over 6' we really cant go wrong.

 

I dont think we'll have a shot at Jeudy or Lamb since we're picking at 22.

 

I wouldnt mind Shenault at 22, and another WR in the 4th or so. Desperately need to find hungry playmakers to put around Josh.

Exactly.....give me a player that will actually CATCH those end zone passes Josh is throwing.......

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know he hasn't declared yet, but I expect Justin Jefferson to move up the charts if he does. I know he is a slot receiver, but damn, he is a good one.

He better declare after OBJ handed him that $$$ on camera last night for the world to see. :lol:

 

Edit:

LSU is claiming OBJ was handing out "fake" money. :lol: Yeah, I bet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/14/odell-beckham-hands-out-cash-to-lsu-players-and-lsu-quickly-claims-it-was-fake/

Edited by H2o
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Double down.  Take Shenault in Round 1.

 

Comeback with another in the later rounds

That worked when took James Hardy and Stevie Johnson in 2008 as well as Chris Burkett and Andre Reed in 1985.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That worked when took James Hardy and Stevie Johnson in 2008 as well as Chris Burkett and Andre Reed in 1985.

With only 2 true NFL quality WRs on roster they should absolutely double down in draft and likely sign one in UFA. 

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

He better declare after OBJ handed him that $$$ on camera last night for the world to see. :lol:

LSU says it is all fake money. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAJBobby said:

LSU says it is all fake money. 

Just saw that and edited my original post. :lol: Thanks :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H2o said:

Just saw that and edited my original post. :lol: Thanks :thumbsup:


they also said he was paying market value for the Jerseys. Now that NCAA says players can make money off their likeness. 
 

either way of course he is declaring. 

Edited by MAJBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...didn't see the game, but tough night stat wise vs LSU?...…...

Higgins reminds me of James Lofton, 

 

Trevor Lawrence had a tough night, so kinda goes with the territory

 

Clemson had a tough night trying to keep pace with the run away freight train Burrows and co.

 

Higgins showed his toughness

 

Get er done Beane man

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I have to agree that Shenault has flexibility to run go routes, the route tree, bubble screens, wildcat and jet sweeps.  A faster Anquin Boldin sounds good to me!

 

Hes the guy Cordarelle Paterson was supposed to be.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...