Top WR Prospects

Rigotz

Its early....but to me it just seems this draft is going to fall for us that best player available at 22 will be WR.....so it it will end up being a no brainer.   Use some free agent money and bring in a good edge rusher.....go WR in the 1st round (and again in the 2nd to 3rd rounder depending on best player available) take a RB in around the same round we took DS last year.  Make sure to get another offensive linemen to put at RT.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im going to give out my bold proclamation and say Shenault doesn't go in the top 20

He runs a 4.5 at the combine and falls down the board 

He has great YAC skills and is super tough but there are more polished and faster guys . I think he is on the board when the bills pick

Yeah I think you and I are in alignment with him. His YAC skills are undoubtedly great but I think that’s maybe the only thing he has right now that is great. Won’t be surprised at all if he slides out of the first round, and I won’t be sad if he ends up getting taken ahead of us instead. I’m confident there will be WRs I prefer available in both the first and second round. 

20 hours ago, Special K said:

Not sure if he has been mentioned in this long thread, but I like Gabriel Davis from UCF...... big, strong, hands-catcher, great route runner....not the fastest, but fast enough and he’s around 6-4.

I believe he’s expected to go late first round...the kind of weapon this offense needs!!

e is a good player. I've seen him in most mocks as a late 2nd to 4th round pick. Mostly bc of the talent at WR in this draft pushes him later but he is a true X WR and has had a lot of success on deep routes.  I havent broke down his games closely but have watched a good deal of UCF games since my brother went there and my parents have season tickets.  He was the main target for UCF for the past 2 years and part of a very prolific offense.  It would be a solid pick in that range.  Pittman is my favorite WR that will be available to the Bills without maneuvering up, and is likely to last until somewhere in the 2nd, although I do think he may not last where the Bills pick in the 2nd.  All depends on the combine. Davis would be a solid option though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, Sunshower said:

Shenault is better than Lamb.

Based on what?

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im going to give out my bold proclamation and say Shenault doesn't go in the top 20

He has great YAC skills and is super tough but there are more polished and faster guys . I think he is on the board when the bills pick

Agreed. I think Laviska falls to the 40’s

On 1/14/2020 at 7:31 PM, DuckyBoys said:

We'll see after the combine.  Looks like a super deep wr class maybe the best since the 2014 class.  Might see some really good players fall into rounds 3 or even later.  Shenault looks like a great fit for  creative coordinator  I imagine he'd be a stud on the Saints for example.   Higgins is awful thin  looks kind of slow to me  I'm curious how he fares at the combine

Higgins is more like Skinny.

2 hours ago, billykay said:

Higgins is more like Skinny.

A skinny stick of dynamite.

Myself personally, Trevor Lawrence and Josh Allen have a similar body structure and play style that would make the lanky Higgins a natural fit for the Buffalo Bills O IMO.

I've got my fingers crossed on this one... 

On January 18, 2020 at 9:23 PM, Floydboy12 said:

Agree on the Cephus kid from Wisky. 

Also, Lynn Bowden Jr is gonna make somebody a helluva get in the 3rd round or so. I'd love for somebody like Chaisson or Epenesa to fall into our lap in the first. Too many good receivers in this draft to take one in the first imo. Unless Ruggs fell to us. 

Chaisson to me is like Tyler Kroft...why the love?

On January 19, 2020 at 3:15 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I hope so. He's my definition of "playmaker"

22 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

I like this kid, wo der where he falls, but I want Ruggs. He would be our Tyrek Hill. 

I see him as an early 2nd with the potential to go late 1st rd. 

Ruggs reminds me of Sammy Watkins out of college when I watch his highlights. 

We are 2 WRs, a FA G and OT, and a FA RB away from having an offense capable of being like the Chiefs. I would like to see a WR taken with the first 2 picks. Are there 2 WRs worthy of the first 2 Bills picks, and could they start?

55 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I see him as an early 2nd with the potential to go late 1st rd. 

Ruggs reminds me of Sammy Watkins out of college when I watch his highlights. 

I think Ruggs elite speed will make him a 1st rounder similar to where marquis brown was taken. I see guys like Higgins, Shenault, Pittman in the 2nd. Lamb and Jeudy in the 1st..

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Ruggs elite speed will make him a 1st rounder similar to where marquis brown was taken. I see guys like Higgins, Shenault, Pittman in the 2nd. Lamb and Jeudy in the 1st..

When I mentioned a player going early 2nd rd or late 1st I was talking about Antonio Gandy-Golden; I also could see Pittman going 2nd.

I think Ruggs' touted speed will make him a 1st round pick, but watching his highlights, he brings Sammy Watkins to mind; I see a deep threat player who may not grade out as elite in the NFL in spite of that much talked about speed. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It isn’t just his speed; he’s got tremendous hands and runs crisp routes. He’s a lot like Cooks was coming out of Oregon State, but (and this is scary) with another gear.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It isn’t just his speed; he’s got tremendous hands and runs crisp routes. He’s a lot like Cooks was coming out of Oregon State, but (and this is scary) with another gear.

His size will be something to watch out for at the combine.   He is listed at 6'0 190, but I feel like his measurables will come in under that.   He is my favorite wideout prospect right now, as he really seems to have it all.  Runs great routes, is pretty fierce in the blocking game despite his size, catches the ball outside of his frame, and is unparalleled when it comes to taking slants and screens to the house.   Jeudy has special footwork, but Ruggs isnt that far off.

Wish he gave you a bit more at the X position but other than that he is a great prospect.  

Not mentioned here, yet in the top 10 of most 2020 WR prospect rankings is Minnesota's Tyler Johnson. I watched a ton of college FB last year, and this dude is impressive. 

Maybe not as tall at 6'2" but can make contested catches and looks ripped. I worry about skinny guys like Ruggs, who look like they are one Jamal Adams hit away from being broken in two.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah Ruggs is gonna be a monster in the NFL.  After the testing I bet he goes top 15.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday