Top WR Prospects

Rigotz

I think Jeudy and Lamb are considerably better than all the rest.  They both seem to have elite speed, and are over 6'.  Shenault looks like a good swiss army knife to have, but not like your typical X receiver, that we desperately need.   I know they'll likely be long gone, but it seems like every year, receivers go in a different order than expected.  If Jeudy or Lamb slips a few spots, make sure you get them.  Outside of those two, go BPA in the 1st and than maybe trade up in the 2nd for a WR, if you really like them.

I agree, that we absolutely need to provide Josh with more weapons, but picking up a WR, doesn't outweigh a pass rusher or elite offensive lineman if available at pick 22.  Teams with elite lines, are the ones that are winning Superbowls, not elite WR's.   Elite TE's might be a different story.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think there is a great opportunity here to get a couple of WR's good enough to start out of this draft......

Use free agency money to improve the pass rush.....draft 2 WR's....another RB.....a back up QB

I could see AJ Green on a 1 to 2 year deal if he’s not franchised, and a 2nd Rd rookie to pair with him (Higgins?)  McDermott loves to pair successful vets with rookies. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

with so many good WR's coming out, make a list of who fits the Bills/Josh's style, target that guy.  perhaps he is a rd. 2 guy.  then take Edge (not many in the draft), get WR 2nd and 4th, RB in 3rd, and another edge/DT/CB later.  

Also get TE (Hooper/Henry) and Edge in FA.  

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

hedge against injury and the possibility of not being able to re-sign Tre

Very rarely am I as certain of something Bills-related as I am that they will re-sign Tre.  Not signing him to a long term deal would literally go against everything Beane and McD have preached since their arrival.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Very rarely am I as certain of something Bills-related as I am that they will re-sign Tre.  Not signing him to a long term deal would literally go against everything Beane and McD have preached since their arrival.

I agree 100%. I bet they are talking right now on an extension. The only concern for me is White’s position on it. 

I have never been a fan of signing or re-signing high priced Free agent corners, but White is the clearest exception. 

• Like (+1) 1

Give me all the receivers! I like Higgins, Shenault, Riggs, Jefferson, Gandy-Golden. Any of them! Look, I’m not picky, just get some. We should come away with at least two legitimate options between draft, trade, or FA.  I’d love another year where we hit receiver twice in the draft like we did with Bob Woods and Glass-quise Goodwin. Knowing it can take receivers some time to develop, I’m not against the trade route either. 

Also, besides being hard to find a dominant one and the price, anyone think some of their reluctance to add receivers has been because they are typically some of the least “process”-like players? Let’s be honest, a lot of WRs can be divas. You’ve got to find the ones willing to put in the work and also be all about the team. Easier said than done. Yes, they were interested in AB, but I think only because what they knew of him as a player at the time was that he’d work harder than anyone. Maybe he was just upset with his situation and a change of scenery would do him some good. Obviously, they (and many others) missed the mark on that assumption. Sometimes you’re going to have to live with a few divas at the receiver position to get to where you want to go. Hoping Beane and co are finally ready to commit to the position with some serious resources to help Josh. 

7 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I agree. But it wouldn’t be the worst thing to have two elite shut down corners. Would also

hedge against injury and the possibility of not being able to re-sign Tre. 

Tre is a very good cornerback, but he is not a shutdown guy.  That term gets thrown around too loosely these days.  The only DB in the league that's close to it is Gilmore.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:10 PM, Logic said:

I'd love for the Shenault supporters to share with me what it is they love about him so much.

He is a physical receiver with great hands and very good acceleration.  A more dynamic Deebo Samuel, if you like what he's done so far.

Every Isaiah McKenzie run you saw this year would be a Shenault run in 2020.  A guy with ability to take a quick slant or a WR screen to the house, while also possessing the speed to take the top off a defense.

At 6'2" 220lbs, running a 4.38 40, what isn't there to like?  He's built for this team and this offense.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He is a physical receiver with great hands and very good acceleration.  A more dynamic Deebo Samuel, if you like what he's done so far.

Every Isaiah McKenzie run you saw this year would be a Shenault run in 2020.  A guy with ability to take a quick slant or a WR screen to the house, while also possessing the speed to take the top off a defense.

At 6'2" 220lbs, running a 4.38 40, what isn't there to like?  He's built for this team and this offense.

I'm going to go out and say he downs run a 4.38... probably doesn't even run a 4.44

Im just talking speed nothing else about his game

• Like (+1) 1