Top WR Prospects

Rigotz

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1st.....Shenault 

2nd.....Jefferson or Pittman 

I am all in on drafting wrs 1&2.

3rd....Najee Harris

Given how they have drafted the last 3 years, they will most likely go O and D first 2 picks. Probably WR and Edge in either order. WR,WR,RB would be nuts but I sure wouldn't hate it. lol

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I love that everyone is sleeping on Chase Claypool. I hope every executive is as well, except for ours. He is 6'5" just like Mike Evans, has the same exact body type as Mike Evans, will put up similar numbers at the combine as Mike Evans, and is one of the most underrated WR prospects in this draft. He has excellent body control, can jump over defenders to highpoint the ball, has excellent hands, runs a solid route tree for a guy his size, has deceptive speed, and is good with the ball in his hands after the catch for a big guy. 

Sporting News has him going to the Bills with their first round pick. Not happening IMO but this is a crazy WR draft and even looking only at the headliners (and ignoring the many "diamond in the rough" prospects, like Claypool) you know some will fall to the mid to later rounds. I could see a guy like Colin Johnson possibly being there when we pick in the fourth (not that I would necessarily take him). Question for Beane regarding priorities and how to handle them: since this is such a great WR class do you pick one earlier or bank on getting a very good one (or 2) later in the draft after addressing needs from other position groups where the better talent is clearly more towards the top of the draft. I guess it all depends on their board and how things develop on draft night.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I liked him a lot early season, but the more i've watched him this year in big games the more im scared. He disappears and his slender build also has me afraid of injuries at next level. Hes not a speed guy so needs to use his body to be physical and make contested catches, but i just cant see him out muscling a true physical cover corner.

Echoing what I said in the game thread... Every time I watched a Clemson game Ross was the WR that made an impression. Go back to Higgins TD run and look at Ross’ block. That kid is always grinding. 

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I liked him a lot early season, but the more i've watched him this year in big games the more im scared. He disappears and his slender build also has me afraid of injuries at next level. Hes not a speed guy so needs to use his body to be physical and make contested catches, but i just cant see him out muscling a true physical cover corner.

He was banged up late in the year and was physically abused by OSU and LSU DB's, where he had little impact. I'd stay away from him.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I would take Jeudy, Lamb, or Shenault in the 1st round, in that order. Assuming they're all gone by our pick, I'd take an edge rusher instead. IMO Tee Higgins will be overdrafted. I'd take someone like Collin Johnson or Michael Pittman on day 2.

This draft has got to be about helping Allen at the WR, TE position, or big down hill runner at RB, (with good hands)

If I'm Beane I'm addressing all 3 in that order...

even If its a bit of a reach IMO.

Higgins...

Edited by Figster

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Quintez Cephus from Wisconsin is my sleeper. I know he has serious off field issues, but he is a massive WR but an amazing hands catcher.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he was cleared, no?

Looks like we have an early entry into "UDFA Fan Favorite" for this year!

Da'Rick, Move on over!

It's incredible to me that Jefferson doesn't even make the top 15....Jefferson this year will be last year's McLaurin. His polish, quickness, good speed and ability to make Defenders miss while running a wide slate of routes. He's also 6-3 and has shown he can make all sorts of plays on the ball. Just in the Nat. Champ game last night his fluidity and his ability to change direction on a dime were superb. Give me Jefferson in the 2nd all day and then another WR in the 4th, like Claypool if he lasts that long.

I'd love for the Shenault supporters to share with me what it is they love about him so much.

I admittedly haven't watched him all that much, but everyone seems to say that his best traits are his run-after-catch ability and his versatility, that he can play outside, slot, and in the backfield. Well, I've seen those types of players in the NFL before: Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Sammy Watkins. I don't want a 'tweener who does most of his damage AFTER he catches the ball. I want a guy who does his damage by running sick routes and getting open and high-pointing jump balls and scoring receiving touchdowns. A player like Shenault sounds all good and well for a team that already HAS dominant outside receivers -- the Bills do not.

Can Shenault be a true number 1 receiver in the NFL? Or is he a guy you have to scheme up and figure out creative ways to get the ball in his hands? I want a true wide receiver that can dominate AS A WIDE RECEIVER. Is Shenault that?

As I said, I haven't watched him a ton. I'm mostly going off the scouting reports I've read and the discussion of him by various draft analysts and by fans who want the Bills to draft him. What am I missing with this guy?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

It's incredible to me that Jefferson doesn't even make the top 15....Jefferson this year will be last year's McLaurin. His polish, quickness, good speed and ability to make Defenders miss while running a wide slate of routes. He's also 6-3 and has shown he can make all sorts of plays on the ball. Just in the Nat. Champ game last night his fluidity and his ability to change direction on a dime were superb. Give me Jefferson in the 2nd all day and then another WR in the 4th, like Claypool if he lasts that long.

I was thinking it was because he hasn’t declared yet, but I could be wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1