Chad Johnson ochocinco trying out for XFL as kicker

Retired NFL star Chad Johnson trying out for XFL as kicker

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/28482788/retired-nfl-star-chad-johnson-trying-xfl-kicker

Retired NFL receiver Chad Johnson has a tryout scheduled for Monday with the XFL as a kicker, he announced via Twitter.

A source confirmed that, as of now, the tryout is real.

LOL   thats funny 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

New year, same question....How do you stop "8?"

all that comes to mind is  what is 9 scared of 7 ... 

7   8    9 

Short field and all right? 

Can't hit a kicker right?

Probably won't get hit or injured and he needs the cash to clear some bad investments  :D     (NOT NECESSARILY TRUE I MADE THAT UP)

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Lol, I love it. I hope he makes it just for the spectacle of it.

Does anyone think this league can be viable by the way?  I figured after the quick failure of the AAF they might change their mind and fail early.

I think the AAF was doomed because they rushed ASAP to get to market before XFL. I think the XFL is taking a more methodical approach and unlike the AAF don’t need the NFLPA. So while will be touch and go I think their business Model is set up for better success. 

Unlike AAF they have a broadcast partner. 

I can’t say for sure if it will succeed. I can say they have set themselves up better than AAF to have a shot. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Does anyone think this league can be viable by the way?  I figured after the quick failure of the AAF they might change their mind and fail early.

If the funding is in place and not pretend $ it will last a season or 2 

• Like (+1) 1

Probably not a lot of work for a kicker - they changed the kickoff rules in the XFL and instead of Xtra points - you get a 1 play. From the 2 you get 1 point from the 5 - 2 points and from the 10 - 3 points. No real kicker needed
I like the  change in Xtra point concept makes more room for creative and wild plays

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Retired NFL star Chad Johnson trying out for XFL as kicker

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/28482788/retired-nfl-star-chad-johnson-trying-xfl-kicker

Retired NFL receiver Chad Johnson has a tryout scheduled for Monday with the XFL as a kicker, he announced via Twitter.

A source confirmed that, as of now, the tryout is real.

LOL   thats funny 

..LMAO.....AB can be his tee...….

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I see it going a season. McMahon has enough money and enough pride to give it a huge effort this time around. No chance it folds mid season like the AAF. I don’t see it making it more than a season. The only people these leagues appeal to are the absolute die hard football fans like myself. I’ll watch anything football on at all. Most people aren’t like that. Most people will watch one college or nfl team and that’s it. This is why these leagues have no viability. There simply isn’t money in pandering to such a tiny subset of the population. The only exception to this would be if pandering to that subset could bring untold riches. Like if this subset were to offer to pay $200 each per game to watch the XFL. That is not the case. 

49 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I see it going a season. McMahon has enough money and enough pride to give it a huge effort this time around. No chance it folds mid season like the AAF. I don’t see it making it more than a season. The only people these leagues appeal to are the absolute die hard football fans like myself. I’ll watch anything football on at all. Most people aren’t like that. Most people will watch one college or nfl team and that’s it. This is why these leagues have no viability. There simply isn’t money in pandering to such a tiny subset of the population. The only exception to this would be if pandering to that subset could bring untold riches. Like if this subset were to offer to pay $200 each per game to watch the XFL. That is not the case. 

Or if it was league supported as a development league. But I think they view the NCAA that way and that's partly why they require players to remain in college until they are Juniors, unlike hockey where you can draft kids who cant grow facial hair yet.

54 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

this league already has sold more tickets than AAF and hasn’t started yet.  

but either way I hope Chad lands on a team he is a great guy. I would have taken 5 Chad Johnson’s on my team over a single AB or OBJ

Edited by MAJBobby