Patriots Patrick Chung beats the rap

48 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Chung has four conditions to meet:

• He must stay out of trouble for two years, in this case meaning he cannot be charged with any crimes, felony or misdemeanor, or any major motor vehicle offenses;

• He must undergo drug testing once a month for the next 12 months, and once every 90 days for the year after that;

• He must perform 40 hours of community service within the next 18 months, and it must be connected to drug abuse prevention and education;

• And Chung waives his right to a speedy trial, and understands that failure to comply with the above requirements can lead to New Hampshire reinstating the charges and prosecute him.

Chung’s lack of a prior criminal record, cooperation with Meredith Police on the night of the incident, the small amount of cocaine in his possession and his choice to undergo a substance abuse evaluation were all part of the state’s decision to handle the case in this manner, the statement said.

Of course now Chung will await the NFL’s decision on whether or not he will face any punishment from the league

It’s a common disposition for these types of cases. Those saying he is getting special treatment need to do a little digging into what real life actually is. 

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know, right?!

I let my neighbor borrow my lawn mower and when I come home there is a fully tiered and thriving prostitution business geared towards varying preferences and proclivities with a website (dollars2donutsdecentdivas.org) with a functioning offshore credit card verification system...weird.  

Link isnt working, and I would like to sign up for your newsletter.

I mean, your neighbor's newsletter.

• Haha (+1) 4

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Chung has four conditions to meet:

• He must stay out of trouble for two years, in this case meaning he cannot be charged with any crimes, felony or misdemeanor, or any major motor vehicle offenses;

• He must undergo drug testing once a month for the next 12 months, and once every 90 days for the year after that;

• He must perform 40 hours of community service within the next 18 months, and it must be connected to drug abuse prevention and education;

• And Chung waives his right to a speedy trial, and understands that failure to comply with the above requirements can lead to New Hampshire reinstating the charges and prosecute him.

Chung’s lack of a prior criminal record, cooperation with Meredith Police on the night of the incident, the small amount of cocaine in his possession and his choice to undergo a substance abuse evaluation were all part of the state’s decision to handle the case in this manner, the statement said.

Of course now Chung will await the NFL’s decision on whether or not he will face any punishment from the league

So some sort of probation before judgement plea.

I don’t think this is any sort of legal team miracle or special favor

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

16 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It’s a common disposition for these types of cases. Those saying he is getting special treatment need to do a little digging into what real life actually is. 

Spot on.

However, the NFL should now step in. It's not like this didn't happen, even though if he adheres to the court stipulations it will be expunged. It did happen.

18 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

What about cocaine puddin'?

Happens all the time, just like someone borrowing your jacket and leaving a crack pipe in it, or taking your car and leaving their large bag of weed in the backseat. Just ask any officer and they will tell you how common it is.....

My GF is an RN and as straight as they come. She took her car to the car wash and the next day I was taking groceries out of the backseat. There was a very small, plastic bag of weed on the floor.

I would not believe this story once in 1,000 times but I know her for 10 years. I could pick out the guy who probably dropped it too, he was a very sketchy dude. He was fired a few weeks later for other reasons. That said, if she was stopped by police officers and they spotted the weed, I would totally not blame them if they didn't believe her.