Patriots Patrick Chung beats the rap

Cocaine possession charges dropped.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/sports/drug-charges-against-patriots-patrick-chung-dropped/2061433/

Who could've predicted a New England state's prosecutor would cut a Patriots player a break on a felony charge?  Does this also mean no discipline from Uncle Roger?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, the disciplinary committee has disciplined players even when they were not prosecuted.  You know the deal, the NFL does it’s own independent investigation.  I’m not saying he will get disciplined, but it’s possible.  You can bet he’ll be tested a lot.

We're talking Patriots here. It'll never happen. Roger is holding off announcing the Bengals taping investigation findings until everyone forgets about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Not to defend a Pats loser, but circumstances of the arrest seemed a little sketchy if I recall correctly. Didn’t they essentially respond to a alarm system going off then searched the house or something? 

That can happen. Dont leave your drugs out when you leave the house and arm the alarm.

Unless youre implying that someone broke in, set off the alarm, threw cocaine all over the place, and split before the cops got there. ?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

CokeGif.gif

What about cocaine puddin'?

39 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That can happen. Dont leave your drugs out when you leave the house and arm the alarm.

Unless youre implying that someone broke in, set off the alarm, threw cocaine all over the place, and split before the cops got there. ?

Happens all the time, just like someone borrowing your jacket and leaving a crack pipe in it, or taking your car and leaving their large bag of weed in the backseat. Just ask any officer and they will tell you how common it is.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You know they suspended Tom Brady right?  

Because he pushed Goodell to do it. They were ready to gently slap his wrist for his deflated balls, but he decided to, literally, make a federal case of it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Happens all the time, just like someone borrowing your jacket and leaving a crack pipe in it, or taking your car and leaving their large bag of weed in the backseat. Just ask any officer and they will tell you how common it is.....

That's my story and Im sticking to it!

Chung has four conditions to meet:

• He must stay out of trouble for two years, in this case meaning he cannot be charged with any crimes, felony or misdemeanor, or any major motor vehicle offenses;

• He must undergo drug testing once a month for the next 12 months, and once every 90 days for the year after that;

• He must perform 40 hours of community service within the next 18 months, and it must be connected to drug abuse prevention and education;

• And Chung waives his right to a speedy trial, and understands that failure to comply with the above requirements can lead to New Hampshire reinstating the charges and prosecute him.

Chung’s lack of a prior criminal record, cooperation with Meredith Police on the night of the incident, the small amount of cocaine in his possession and his choice to undergo a substance abuse evaluation were all part of the state’s decision to handle the case in this manner, the statement said.

Of course now Chung will await the NFL’s decision on whether or not he will face any punishment from the league

When you look at what they are requiring of him, #1 should be a given, don't get in trouble. #2 is already a condition of his work although this is a little more frequent. #3 is something most players and teams already do and could also earn him an award from the league for helping out.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Kraft must love that legal team, he has put together a legal team that would make O.J.’s look like the Jaguars front office. 

Was it OJs defence that was really good or the prosecution just really bad? Seemed like a pretty easy slam dunk case for the prosecution ......

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

When you look at what they are requiring of him, #1 should be a given, don't get in trouble. #2 is already a condition of his work although this is a little more frequent. #3 is something most players and teams already do and could also earn him an award from the league for helping out.

Was it OJs defence that was really good or the prosecution just really bad? Seemed like a pretty easy slam dunk case for the prosecution ......

I guess it doesn’t matter if you have a couple of million dollars lying around to bribe somebody 

57 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

What about cocaine puddin'?

I know, right?!

I let my neighbor borrow my lawn mower and when I come home there is a fully tiered and thriving prostitution business geared towards varying preferences and proclivities with a website (dollars2donutsdecentdivas.org) with a functioning offshore credit card verification system...weird.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2