Whose got better wideouts   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Whose got better wideouts

10 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Allen and LSU's WRs 

or

Burrow and Buffalo's WR's?

?

the Burrow thing is insane to me.  He was ok last year and just had one of the greatest seasons in college football history.  Allen didn’t have half of the year he had in the MWC.  That said, Burrow is surrounded by elite college talent.   But man is he really accurate.  Allen is far more physically talented but I won’t be shocked if Burrow is already a better passer as a rookie.  

and just cause guys are good in college doesn’t mean they will be in the pros.  Beasley will end up having a better career than the majority of guys drafted this year.  But yeah on paper, the LSU and Bama receivers are in insane.

I do not usually play along on the college players being better than pros questions, (i.e.could LSU beat the Bengals) but these receivers are already close enough to the draft to see their NFL projections and their ceilings are all pretty high. So I voted yes, they are better, although Brown and Beasley have already proved it at the next level, which is saying a lot.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I do not usually play along on the college players being better than pros questions, (i.e.could LSU beat the Bengals) but these receivers are already close enough to the draft to see their NFL projections and their ceilings are all pretty high. So I voted yes, they are better, although Brown and Beasley have already proved it at the next level, which is saying a lot.

John Brown Can’t do all this.     This man chase is a bad bad man. 

• Like (+1) 1

This shows the improvement the Bills have made.  Rather than asking if a college team can beat the Bills, it is being asked if a college position group is better.

WR seems to be the hardest to project success from college to NFL.  High picks flame out, UDFA flourish.  While the LSU receivers look good, history would indicate 1 or 2 will not make it.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Only one in four 1st round draft pick NFL receivers in this breakdown from 2000-2014 translate to great pros.

It's basically one per year.  Check it out

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2015/04/13/factoid/first-round-wide-receivers

I wish they would have did a SORT - YEAR - YARDS before putting that on there.

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Change that from DuDe to Dolt.  John Brown is more than a #3

Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do. I Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do.

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

you think that’s possible ?   the guy looks pretty flawless, gonna win in time for sure 

The way that Paul Brown runs that team, much like the way Ralph ran the Bills (but even worse ?), I dont doubt they could ruin even the greatest players.

Serious question: Do you think if the Bills had drafted Brady in 2000, with the state of the franchise, he still would have gone on to be the GOAT?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The way that Paul Brown runs that team, much like the way Ralph ran the Bills (but even worse ?), I dont doubt they could ruin even the greatest players.

Serious question: Do you think if the Bills had drafted Brady in 2000, with the state of the franchise, he still would have gone on to be the GOAT?

he would have dinked and dunked his way into the playoffs a few times I would think 

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Only one in four 1st round draft pick NFL receivers in this breakdown from 2000-2014 translate to great pros.

It's basically one per year.  Check it out

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2015/04/13/factoid/first-round-wide-receivers

I wouldn't mind a 1 in 4 chance to get a "great" NFL WR on the roster.  Beats having zero on the roster year after year after...

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do. I Brown might be, and I really mean might be, at best, a good number two receiver. In no way is he a number one receiver despite the night season he had. He disappears and games too often and he is not capable of putting the team on his back like a true number one should be able to do.

He’s not “at best a good #2”.  He IS a good #2

• Like (+1) 2