What position does Beane prioritize in FA?

Dkollidas

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Don't see how they'd expect to take the next step without adding some star power..... can't just rely on your own and rookies. They need some real quality skill position players and they don't have them on the roster so no, I don't buy Joe Bs interpretation. 

I'd be really surprised if they don't add a high quality starter at WR or defensive line. Gotta spend that cap somewhere and who are they extending outside of Dawkins and maybe Milano this offseason? (I'd argue that neither are worth the big bucks yet.) 

I get it, but look at how John Brown performed as opposed to the contract he signed. Same for Feliciano. I believe he’s also tempering expectations. He’s not gonna go out and necessarily say “yup, we’re gonna drop $15-$20M on a guy and bring in some big money studs”. 

They said Shady was a big part of the team and then cut him before the season.

They said they didn’t believe in the idea of a #1 WR, but looked at going after Antonio Brown. 

I don’t think they view it as necessary to get a guy like that. But I believe they’ll look into all options available. 

The thing we’ve got to remember is that you’ve also got to find free agents that want to come here as well. 

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Joe B points out that John Brown is #24 and Beasley #35 for contract at their position.  He speculates " In 2020 free agency, the Bills will likely look for players of that middle-tier caliber on either short-term deals or contracts they can get out of easily."

This thinking concerns me.  Are we trying to save money with lunch pail guys or are we trying to win?

I'm not saying big money guys always work out or are necessarily what's needed. But we don't need more cheap average to above average WRs.  We NEED a couple of studs to get to the next level and help Josh to become the QB we all hope he can be.

We're about 1/2 way through JA's rookie contract. We don't want to get to the end and still wonder if with better WRs he could THE GUY.  Time to find that out is 2020 and 2021.

should be an interesting off season.

1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i don't think it will happen but a stud cb to team with white will will also be a big boost to this defense.

This will be our first pick I suspect. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/14/2020 at 5:10 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Bills should cut some of their own guys like Kroft/Murphy/Lee Smith/ Spencer Long/ which will save them about 20 million in cap space and sign guys with above average talent..  We sign 2  high end guys like Bud Dupree LB/DE / Conklin RT and than we set ourselves up nice for the draft.  I would resign Lawson and Philips,  another player on the roster with big question mark is Star.  The problem with cutting him is that even though we would have another 2 mill in cap savings we also would have 7.8 mill in dead money.  End of the day Bills need to decide if signing a free agent DT improves their run defense.

I actually hope they retain Spencer Long.....for the money he is on he has played well as a backup OG.

My spider sense says Spain will want to get paid....they will insert Ford into that starting spot....Long is retained and backs up the OG positions.....Ty.  N. is the starting RT with Waddle backing him up and they draft a OL in the draft.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

100% agree with the post up until the CB with the first round pick..... really depends on what gets done in FA but I'm pretty sure I'd absolutely hate that.

It was sort of in  jest. However in the McDermott era we have taken a defensive player in the first round every year.  And we have a weakness in McDermott's D at the 2nd CB spot.

We passed up really good offensive guys to take defensive guys.  Tredavian Nighmare instead of Watson and Mahommes and Oliver over Lamar Jackson for example.  Not saying these are not good players, but they are defensive in round 1.

I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me.