National Championship Game. Tigers vs Tigers

stevestojan

3 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Chase young.  Watched all his games for two years. Good end. Don’t know why he disappeared the last few games after his suspension. Was also absent in Clemson game. Speed rusher. Don’t see lots of other counters.  I am a Ohio State fan and honestly he no where near bosa ( 49 ers edition) just based on later part 2019 season. Maybe he will blossom in the nfl but I think he is overrated. Saw him neutralized quite often last season.  Would take him at 22 tho! 

He didn’t disappear - Michigan and Wisconsin slid 2-3 guys his way which only cleared the way for other guys for sacks but he was a big impact. Against Clemson he had 10 pressures and 4 QB hits!

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

no warning at first seems severe.  give a warning then kick out.  too hard to inadvertently lower it or have it look that way.  

They have no tolerance for it. It's tough when plays do not look that severe, but they go by the ruling.

You lead with your helmet on a tackle, you're out!

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Bad rule. Crown of the helmet to the shoulder pads should NOT lead to ejection. Period. It’s football, it happens fast. Not ideal, but NOT ejection. 

I’d give 15 yards, perhaps even ejection for 2 series on the first then ejection. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It's a tough rule, I understand the frustration, but they want player safety.

I want player safety too. Where do you draw the line? I ended my college rugby career with a crown of the head hit/neck injury. I didn’t mean to, and it was the other guys thigh. It just happened so fast! What we just witnessed should NOT be a penalty.  CERTAINLY not an ejection. That is CRAZY overboard. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

zero tolerance in the nfl would be a joke with the poor quality of nfl officiating.  

NFL officiating is poor quality on purpose. The bias is wanted .NFL teams have owners. College football has no such thing. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

They have no tolerance for it. It's tough when plays do not look that severe, but they go by the ruling.

You lead with your helmet on a tackle, you're out!

yeah if thats the rule that’s the way it goes.  but I would go with a warning with a series or two out first.