National Championship Game. Tigers vs Tigers

stevestojan

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Which of the two RB's featured make a better compliment to Motor from a stylistic point of view?

I think Ettiene is a home run hitter with elite speed who can also can catch the ball. But we also need a power back. I'd love to have three unique rb's that get a lot of touches, but I don't see that philosophy in a Daboll system. 

• Like (+1) 1

USA Today's post Natty mock has us taking Tee Higgins at 22.

I'd love it.  Wasn't super impressed with him in this game, but Trevor Lawrence being body snatched by Mitch Trubisky didn't help his cause. 

I'm a bit leery of the fact he seems to get banged up every other game, but he usually returns in that game and doesn't miss game(s) plural. 

Higgins and Brown on the outside would certainly by a dynamic 1-2 punch.  I still feel like we need one more upgrade at WR, as I don't trust Cole Beasley, but Higgins/Brown/Beasley would be a legit WR unit for the first time since we've had Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I don't know who that Clemson QB was last night, but it wasn't Trevor Lawrence.

Agree, he was not himself. Tough game, but he will be more motivated next year, and Clemson is not going away.

Joe Burrow is unreal, but I have this strange feeling that I don't trust him in the NFL, and I have nothing to back up that feeling..

Maybe it's because he will end up being a Bengal?

The two best WR's out there both can't go pro - Chase and Ross.

Not that the other WR's are bad options.

Higgins didn't do much and something I've noticed is that he gets banged up almost every game...

His stock did go down after this game, but he's still a very good receiver and has been a reliable player. He does get banged up, and that is concerning, but he does find a way to come back.

Etienne and Edwards-Elaire are studs.  I'd love either of them back there with Singletary.

I think I would like to have a bigger RB with Singletary, instead of having two small RB's in our backfield. However, both of these guys are exciting to watch.

The cornerbacks - Terrell and Fulton.... yikes. 

Impressive.

Simmons is a monster.

Would anyone be shocked if Beane were to trade up and pull the trigger on this guy? I wouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don't know who that Clemson QB was last night, but it wasn't Trevor Lawrence.

Joe Burrow is unreal, but I have this strange feeling that I don't trust him in the NFL, and I have nothing to back up that feeling..

The two best WR's out there both can't go pro - Chase and Ross.

Higgins didn't do much and something I've noticed is that he gets banged up almost every game...

Etienne and Edwards-Elaire are studs.  I'd love either of them back there with Singletary.

The cornerbacks - Terrell and Fulton.... yikes. 

Simmons is a monster.

...60 TD passes in a season?...….unreal...……..

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Same.

I have absolutely, positively nothing to base it on. It's just a gut feeling.

I'm also leery of taking a one-year wonder (albeit the best year by a quarterback in NCAA history) over a guy like Tua who has done it at a high level for longer.

Again, I realize this is batty, but I can't shake the feeling...

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

K'lavon Chaisson impressed me in last night's game. He has a good chance of being the Bills pick in the first round, in my opinion.

McDermott and Frazier will love his versatility. He can rush or drop. He might even be able to play strong side linebacker on 1st and 2nd down and rush on 3rd. Sort of a Lorenzo Alexander replacement.

If pick 22 rolls around and there isn't an offensive playmaker they love, they could certainly do a lot worse than adding Chaisson to their front seven.

He has a terrific first step that can't be taught.  There was one play were it seemed he covered about five yards around the OT with a single step.

Yet at the same time, I went long stretches without noticing him.     That might have been the Clemson offense and it's 1-2-ball out tempo.     But I expected more, frankly...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NoSaint said:

More realistically snag joe Brady as OC. Another William and Mary guy and almost certainly on the fast track to be the next offensive guru HC. Just the LSU passing game coordinator but he’s the dude you want.

aaaand there he goes. Carolina bound.

9 hours ago, noacls said:

That has to be some sort of NCAA violation. Cant imagine Ogeron being to happy about that. Also why are a lot of NFL wide receivers idiots? 

He says it was fake cash. I know a ton of pro athletes who carry fake cash around ?

reset the clock to 0 days since OBJ has caused unnecessary drama 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Same.

had that feel once before. It was Joey Harrington

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

Same.

I'm also leery of taking a one-year wonder (albeit the best year by a quarterback in NCAA history) over a guy like Tua who has done it at a high level for longer.

He reminds me of Joe Montana passing the ball and Steve Young scrambling.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

At least he managed to make it all about him. 

The ncaa is stuck in the Stone Age with their stupid rules but he’s even more stupid to do this on national tv and put the players and school in a bad situation 

Joe Burrow said he gave him real money doesn't matter for him since he's going to the NFL.