National Championship Game. Tigers vs Tigers

stevestojan

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

some scouts in the twitter verse say he is the same level prospect

Again, a phenomenal year, but it's just 1 year of being a starter, whereas Luck played several years.

I completely understand if the Bengals make Burrow the first overall pick, but let's wait and see how he does in the pros.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

some scouts in the twitter verse say he is the same level prospect

Looks better than Luck did to me, though to be fair, those Stanford teams weren’t worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as this team.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t disappear - Michigan and Wisconsin slid 2-3 guys his way which only cleared the way for other guys for sacks but he was a big impact. Against Clemson he had 10 pressures and 4 QB hits!

Still had double teams in prior games and his performance tapered off. Ok , maybe disappear was not good word choice for Clemson , but while credited with pressure in stats , he did not make impact plays relative to all the hype. Clemson qb ran in areas he vacated with his speed rush outside. He made a couple of good plays in that game but I don’t think he is the best or second best player coming out. Heck LSU’s d line making more plays tonight. Bosa seemed to make plays more often and he drew attention away from Chase when he played for the buckeyes.   The Ohio state d had an unimpressive final two games ( saying this as a buckeye fan, from Ohio , did all my college in Ohio etc so biased toward them ) and the results spoke for themselves. He did make a lot of plays early In the year and was dominating games with strip sacks etc but his production tailed off. I’m not looking up stats but watched every Ohio state  game for years, and his play was not the same after the suspension.   Despite the “ pressures” , I’m sorry , but the Clemson qb did whatever he wanted and I can’t remember any momentum changing plays from the d line in that game. I see him as a good pro but I still think bosa will be better. Time will tell. Being from Ohio , I would have to think you were unimpressed with chase and the d in that game , no? ?

Just now, Rico said:

Looks better than Luck did to me, though to be fair, those Stanford teams weren’t worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as this team.

The quality of the players are certainly better better for Burrow - Although Stanford did have Jonathan Martin

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

what’s the gap for you? It’s got to be pretty slim on any given metric.

I’m no expert and I’m guessing here but....did Luck elevate his team, or did they elevate him? I think it’s probably true that the talent around him may have elevated Burrow. Not saying he will not be great, but it’s a one year thing. This is what makes it interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Brady Is reportedly in the mix to be OC for Ruhle in Carolina. 

Then let the bidding begin. I'd think that having his college QB as a pro might be an attractive option over Carolina.