Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Again 1/16 ain't bad right?

Technically 2/17. He was the best WR in the NFL week 1 with almost 200 yards and 3 TDs and then he didn't score again all season until today. Sammy's a weird player.

Edited by Nelius

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How many WRs lead teams to the playoffs?

Exactly 

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

30th, 29th & 24th ranked Offenses....  Yup that's a winning formula....  25-25 under McDermott.....  

Trust the process....

Sammy is the difference? Try again. 

How did I know we would see these posts?

Watkins is never healthy and is mostly an afterthought in the KC offense.

He got some looks today cause the Titans focused on the speed guys and Kelce...good for him.

Still wouldn't want him on my team for the production at his salary 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

This tells me differently.

So what's the problem?  It's good that he listened to his teammate when he pointed it out.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

90 yards last week 

114 yards today  

looks just fine to me, and we wouldn’t need to trot no name bums as wr3 all season long.   

Don't quite agree with the no name bums part.  You're talking about the 3rd WR.  Is there a team that has Julio, Hopkins and Cooper?

I still like Duke and McKenzie.  I do hope we draft a big WR but an offseason where we don't replace almost all of our offensive roster would tell us what we have.  I think people have forgotten that fact.  I expect everyones performance to improve next season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

So what's the problem?  It's good that he listened to his teammate when he pointed it out.

Agree. So he's not a leader, not everyone is. Good production these last two key games. Not worth the elite dollars but a really good receiver nonetheless. I just don't see the need to demonize the guy because he didn't work out here in Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Don't quite agree with the no name bums part.  You're talking about the 3rd WR.  Is there a team that has Julio, Hopkins and Cooper?

I mean, Julio’s depth chart had Ridley and sanu 

today we saw Tyreek, Kelce and a plethora of guys better than our 3

Hopkins has fuller and stills (not great but...)

3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Agree. So he's not a leader, not everyone is. Good production these last two key games. Not worth the elite dollars but a really good receiver nonetheless. I just don't see the need to demonize the guy because he didn't work out here in Buffalo.

Definitely agree.  People will look for any reason they can to beat up on the guy.  His stat sheet would be off the charts with just about any other team.  KC really spreads the ball around to it's WRs.  The #1 guy in that O is also the TE.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Kelce is a TE.

Sanu is not on the Falcon's and that makes me want to end this discussion now.

I will humor you though as their #3 WR is some guy I've never heard of.

Russell Gage, is that a household name and I'm just ignorant.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To accent your point: any of Ridley, Sanu, Fuller, Stills, or Watkins would certainly vie for the WR1 spot on Buffalo’s roster 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely agree.  People will look for any reason they can to beat up on the guy.  His stat sheet would be off the charts with just about any other team.  KC really spreads the ball around to it's WRs.  The #1 guy in that O is also the TE.

Like the Rams?

I like Sammy a lot and agree with the argument that he's a still a weapon that this team needs, but he's never going to be that #1 guy. I don't know if it's all between the ears, or his injuries, or some combination of the two but it's not happening. I don't doubt that he could be the most skilled #3 in the league though (I'm assuming Kupp is no longer really a 3).

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Again 1/16 ain't bad right?

what’s funny too is he was like the the 4th option on that TD play he had today. Mahomes has all day and everyone else was covered. Don’t get me wrong— it was a nice catch and route (and gorgeous throw), but he is not out there against the other team’s no. 1 CB as the no. 1 option. 

KC is a great spot for him where he can be in line after about 5 or 6 other better and more consistent weapons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1