Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Like anyone drafted by the Bills I want to see them succeed as a Bill.  When they dumped him for nothing it was an indication to me that the Bills were not going all in.  As a Bill, while not to that point living to expectations, there was plenty of upside & all this about attitude is dung.  How about looking at Diggs in a playoff game that they're winning & talk about that?

As a Bill, if they targeted him like a #1 10X's/game, I'm sure the results would have been vastly different.

The thread though is from another disgruntled poster, who lays all the blame on Whaley and the prior staff and their .500 record 2014-16 & trumpets the McD era & their 25-25 record (and wildcard appearances at 9-7 & 10-6).....  

the mcd era has had two winning seasons and two playoff appearances.  people keep pushing the .500 record like the two teams were similar, but we all know they weren't.  people aren't happy with this staff?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

the mcd era has had two winning seasons and two playoff appearances.  people keep pushing the .500 record like the two teams were similar, but we all know they weren't.  people aren't happy with this staff?

I love this staff, but I would like to see something more and I don't know if we are going to see it:

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

This tells me differently.

Nothing but a punk, diva who's never had anything but potential.  I was very happy the day he left.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The thread though is from another disgruntled poster, who lays all the blame on Whaley and the prior staff and their .500 record 2014-16 & trumpets the McD era & their 25-25 record (and wildcard appearances at 9-7 & 10-6).....  

LOL, you're talking to one of the biggest Whaley supporters this site ever saw. You dont know me!

22 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I like that that the $8 million guy told the $16 million guy to straighten out.  

That's really what I was getting at. I expect more from players who are paid top dollar.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love this staff, but I would like to see something more and I don't know if we are going to see it:

and that's very fair.  i just don't get the anger towards them at this point.  they need to do better, but this team is where it should be right now.  if there's not continued improvement into next season, then there's a problem.

this whole thread and topic proves to my beyond a doubt we have way too many sports reporters(especially with advent of sports news on internet) trying to ek out a living resulting in this minutia non-story stuff seeing the light of day.

I mean, really, he was down? he slouched!! For ***** sake they were losing 24 - 0 barley into the 2nd quarter. Cut the guy a little slack. Emotion is human.

Edited by cba fan

19 minutes ago, teef said:

and that's very fair.  i just don't get the anger towards them at this point.  they need to do better, but this team is where it should be right now.  if there's not continued improvement into next season, then there's a problem.

Oh, I am not angry, teef.  Forgive me for just popping in late to the party.  I haven't been paying attention to the back and forth.

I was bothered by the way they lost, because if they were going to lose I imagined it would be that way and I probably won't be over the loss fro awhile and the wasted opportunity, but I am on board with this administration.

...I just want this administration..plus something.

19 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

I don't know about that it takes me far less time to dig to China for vacation.

no it would take you a lot more time as you would have to burrow horizontally. I think.

these flat-earthers don't always think through all the different ramifications their theory implies. lol

49 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nothing but a punk, diva who's never had anything but potential.  I was very happy the day he left.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should read more of the thread to get better context. This is kinda fake news. 

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  This tweet is proof of bad attitude?  I guess some people only see what they wanna see.  

It's not even accurate given the larger context of his postgame comments. 

• Like (+1) 1

assuming we could have built our exact team otherwise the same way, but kept gilmore and watkins (two top ten draft picks recently!!) we'd have smoked houston and i think woulda beat KC.

i think we are really close TBH.  cooper and a passrusher would put us over the top.  i can't wait for free agency, the draft, and then opening day.  hate this part of the year.

Watkins, though.  Yes, I was gobsmacked when he got drafted with that crazy trade of picks.  And yes, I was surprised that they tried to bolster the raw potential of EJ Manuel (that was sarcasm) by drafting Watkins.

Still, people have to let this go.  Different ownership.  Different FO and coaching regime.  Beane hasn't been lights out on the O side of the ball, but most certainly he didn't Whaley his FA or draft choices.  It's been probably 30 years since this organization did anything rational, and the past couple of years has shown that they are willing to part with dead weight.  While I'm glad that Watkins is gone, I think of his non existence here in the same light as Mahomes not having been the pick in 2017.  Time to move on.

Groin OUT!

Edited by Groin

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh, I am not angry, teef.  Forgive me for just popping in late to the party.  I haven't been paying attention to the back and forth.

I was bothered by the way they lost, because if they were going to lose I imagined it would be that way and I probably won't be over the loss fro awhile and the wasted opportunity, but I am on board with this administration.

...I just want this administration..plus something.

i wasn't pointing out you or anything!  i agree with that loss.  that was the first loss in a very long time that bothered me.  it was just too billsy was of losing a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should read more of the thread to get better context. This is kinda fake news. 

It's not even accurate given the larger context of his postgame comments. 

Its the offseason. We'll have worse threads. ? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, colin said:

assuming we could have built our exact team otherwise the same way, but kept gilmore and watkins (two top ten draft picks recently!!) we'd have smoked houston and i think woulda beat KC.

i think we are really close TBH.  cooper and a passrusher would put us over the top.  i can't wait for free agency, the draft, and then opening day.  hate this part of the year.

Actually the Bills may have been 13-3 & gotten a bye & home field advantage......  Got to dream big!!!!!?

1 hour ago, Groin said:

Watkins, though.  Yes, I was gobsmacked when he got drafted with that crazy trade of picks.  And yes, I was surprised that they tried to bolster the raw potential of EJ Manuel (that was sarcasm) by drafting Watkins.

Still, people have to let this go.  Different ownership.  Different FO and coaching regime.  Beane hasn't been lights out on the O side of the ball, but most certainly he didn't Whaley his FA or draft choices.  It's been probably 30 years since this organization did anything rational, and the past couple of years has shown that they are willing to part with dead weight.  While I'm glad that Watkins is gone, I think of his non existence here in the same light as Mahomes not having been the pick in 2017.  Time to move on.

Groin OUT!

Get over the trade & where he was picked.  He was productive as a Bill (1000 yard Season) & under contract.  He certainly was better then Gaines who we traded him for (& injured btw) or Matthews who the Bills replaced Watkins with????

http://www.nfl.com/player/jordanmatthews/2543500/careerstats

Boy that was a trade!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Actually the Bills may have been 13-3 & gotten a bye & home field advantage......  Got to dream big!!!!!?

Get over the trade & where he was picked.  He was productive as a Bill (1000 yard Season) & under contract.  He certainly was better then Gaines who we traded him for (& injured btw) or Matthews who the Bills replaced Watkins with????

http://www.nfl.com/player/jordanmatthews/2543500/careerstats

Boy that was a trade!!!!

Watkins had his moments, but when you look at the value of the pick, in particular given his injury history, and given what he disclosed about his effort here during an interview when he was with LAR, a change needed to be made.