Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

I suspect there was a lot of negative body language on the sideline at that point. It happens. There was no shortage of that on the Bills sideline when the Oilers were kicking our ass back in the day as well. Good on Kelce for talking to him about it and good on Watson for the attitude shift. 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Not only would we not sign him but I can’t imagine he would ever want to come back here unless it was his only offer. 
I could see him at the press conference now sitting down at the table, picking up his pen to sign his contract.. cameras rolling and boom dislocated wrist. Ok see y’all week 9 get hyped Sammy is back 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That why you have leaders. Not always you best players either. I played with plenty of guys that needed to be motivated and then they would dominate. Some guys would motivate but never come close to dominating. Guaranteed 80%+ of the Chiefs were feeling down that does not mean you dont want those guys on your team. Everyone has different roles. Heck what was Allen doing when things went south for the Bills? He was sitting alone not out rallying guys. That must mean we dont want him as our QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm w/ those who don't see this as a big deal. I also never saw much in the way of attitude issues when he was here - some sporadic stuff, but nothing outside of the usual WR realm.  That position is one where you see more ego than most, and I actually worry more about the guys who play that position & don't have that.

It was fun to watch Sammy make some big plays as the game went on.  He never justified trading 2 first rounders, but he's a real talent & playmaker regardless.  I loved it when he was a Bill & still find myself rooting for him (obviously, when he's not playing the Bills).

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Funny thing is, if Sammy had never played for the Bills, and had the exact career elsewhere, we would think it was a solid signing to bring him in to Buffalo, at the right price.

He wasn't terrible here, he just wasn't worth what the bills paid for him. He also had Ej manuel, Kyle Orton and tyrod Taylor throwing to him. He's like the 5th option in the kc offense right now. His numbers would probably improve if he went somewhere with less talent. I wouldn't want him back though, and I doubt the coach that traded him would re sign him