Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

40 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

So.... about 99% odds that Brady has a buzzer stashed away in his strange, cumbersome, and unnecessary leg-tape-job?

83115234_10218090745913211_2094191169805

82486168_10102347957142295_5016801434163

Lol, that is a knee brace he has worn on his left knee since he tore his ACL. If he was hot with something, it'd be much easier to conceal than that, in an area with more nerves that you'd be able to feel going off to boot

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

As a fan of the NFL the last thing you want is a REAL cheating scandal, even if it attacks New England and hurts their legacy. 

Because it de-legitimizes the entire sport in the public's eyes.

And blatant cheating doesn't? :blink:

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, arcane said:

Lol, that is a knee brace he has worn on his left knee since he tore his ACL. If he was hot with something, it'd be much easier to conceal than that, in an area with more nerves that you'd be able to feel going off to boot

Like the strange "tape" job in the first photo?

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Like the strange "tape" job in the first photo?

No, most likely something on his chest or something. But that wouldn't really help in football, as things get hopelessly complicated quick. If you were looking for a QB having an unfair in-play advantage, it'd essentially HAVE to be a radio set that doesn't shut of when it's supposed to. There's nothing funky on his legs lol

I don't respect the Pats and think they're shadier than any other NFL franchises, all the other ones combined in fact. But I constantly dispute this stuff because Bills fans go so far into the abyss to try and pin stuff on them, that it gets hard to sift through the garbage takes and actually take the SERIOUS stuff seriously. It's embarrassing honestly 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

He would have been fired had he not "stepped down."

This is terrible for baseball.  Cora, Hinch and every player who used technology to cheat should be banned for life.  There should be no World Series champion for 2017.

Or 2018, and I'm a Sox fan.

I feel like sewing an * on my hat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Or theres a single piece of confetti stuck to his mountain dew and sweat soaked body which overlays his jesus chain which he never takes off.

But there are pictures of other players w the same patch BEFORE celebration and confetti started. 

57 minutes ago, arcane said:

No, most likely something on his chest or something. But that wouldn't really help in football, as things get hopelessly complicated quick. If you were looking for a QB having an unfair in-play advantage, it'd essentially HAVE to be a radio set that doesn't shut of when it's supposed to. There's nothing funky on his legs lol

I don't respect the Pats and think they're shadier than any other NFL franchises, all the other ones combined in fact. But I constantly dispute this stuff because Bills fans go so far into the abyss to try and pin stuff on them, that it gets hard to sift through the garbage takes and actually take the SERIOUS stuff seriously. It's embarrassing honestly 

You’re the reason why people get away w stuff like this?

55 minutes ago, arcane said:

As 49ers quarterback Steve Young once explained to ESPN: “The game would be over. If I knew what was coming, that’s the whole game.”

The filming was fairly straightforward — a staffer pointed a camera at an opposing team’s coaches from across the field. And it had gone on for nearly a decade — since Belichick took over the Pats in 2000, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell later revealed.

It was so obvious, the Pats were busted several times before Spygate erupted, including a year earlier, during a 35-0 thrashing of Green Bay.

The Packers spotted Pats video assistant Matt Estrella — who was also shooting the video during the Jets game the next season — shooting unauthorized video from the sidelines. He was asked to leave — then was spotted doing it from a tunnel, which got him booted from Lambeau Field.  “From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out,” Packers President Bob Harlan said.

When the Lions played the Pats in Foxboro in 2006, the same thing happened, Sports ­Illustrated reported.

“ ‘There’s a camera pointed right at our defensive coach making his calls. Is that allowed?’ a Lions employee asked in a call to the NFL booth. No, it certainly was not. So the videotaper was stopped. Then after a while he began again,” the magazine reported at the time.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

That same year, Pats linebacker Ted Johnson told USA Today that an hour before game time, a list of the opposing team’s audibles — the signals a QB would use at the line of scrimmage just before a snap to change the play — would sometimes appear in his locker. He had no idea where the lists came from.

https://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

This is cheating. But I don’t think it’s half as bad as it’s being made out to be. Don’t teams change up signals throughout the game? 
Especially when there’s rumors of sign stealing. And even if you know the curveball is coming it’s still not easy to hit. Pitchers don’t always hit their spot. 
I get why it’s dirty I just think it’s being overblown. 
In the grand scheme of sport I think the Pats stuff is much much worse. 
People are talking banning players for life and vacating the World Series title and this being worse than Pete rose, maybe I’m missing some of the story. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This is cheating. But I don’t think it’s half as bad as it’s being made out to be. Don’t teams change up signals throughout the game? 
Especially when there’s rumors of sign stealing. And even if you know the curveball is coming it’s still not easy to hit. Pitchers don’t always hit their spot. 
I get why it’s dirty I just think it’s being overblown. 
In the grand scheme of sport I think the Pats stuff is much much worse. 
People are talking banning players for life and vacating the World Series title and this being worse than Pete rose, maybe I’m missing some of the story. 

I played in college and we changed signs every 3 innings.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I played in college and we changed signs every 3 innings.

Yeah I figured they change automatically at some rate, but definitely more when A) they are giving up tons of hits and B) when they are playing an opponent who apparently most of the league is aware have been sign stealing. I would expect they’re changing up non stop throughout the game. Astros have a really really talented team, I can see the edge helping but it still seems they’d be winning quite a bit regardless with all the high priced free agents and high level draft picks.