Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, Success said:

They say cheaters never win, and winners never cheat - but those things are wrong.  It's like when Newt asks Ripley why parents tell their kids there aren't monsters, when there are.

Cheaters DO win.  This saddens me.

Cheaters are losers whether they win the game or not. That’s why cheaters never win. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not true.  Choking up is a preference.  I never choked up because I didn’t like the feel.  

It is absolutely true.  What you did in tee ball isn't relevant.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

My boss is an avid Sox fan and he feels the exact same way you do.

Also a Sox fan... And I'm 100% ok with them cutting ties with Cora.

I'm not going to act like a Pats* fan and defend my team's cheating. If they cheated, then they cheated and they should be punished. If you're truly a fan of the sport, this should be your position.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, arcane said:

I'm not giving the Pats a pass. I am wondering why people like you, in this discussion, are siding with the guy that literally googled a picture of Tom Brady and made up a story on the spot about his knee brace.

this actively makes it harder to be taken seriously going after the pats for stuff they actually do.

And whenever I point out that too many posters pull stuff out of their ass and stray far from the plane of reality in talking about what are actually serious issues, I get a million quotes that effectively say "ur wrong Pats bad" and nobody notices that knee brace guy is a loon making the collective fan base look dumber and actively hurting the cause that is taking the pats' skeeviness seriously.

That's what people do when those in charge of enforcing the rules don't. Goodell's handling of the Patriots is a joke. So the Patriots deserve all the ridicule we give them.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's what people do when those in charge of enforcing the rules don't. Goodell's handling of the Patriots is a joke. So the Patriots deserve all the ridicule we give them.

That's not ridicule, it's garbage that should be called out as such. This board should be better than that.

10 hours ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

I guarantee their system is similar to what you described. Flutie outted them

You’re not the authority on the ‘plane of reality’ buddy that’s what’s so annoying about people like you. You don’t decide what’s crazy and what’s not. It’s called following the evidence and that includes brainstorming theories. That helps get to the truth. 

Googling a picture of Tom Brady, making up a story about a knee brace, and demanding to be taken as seriously as the actual stuff the Pats did, is conspiracy nut thinking and nothing more. It's pathetic. It's not "brainstorming a theory." 

Edited by arcane

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

In fairness to me, i did not come up with it.  I have a good friend who has been howling this at the moon for years and we kind of laugh him off.  I never even mentioned it in the hundreds of anti-patriots threads.  Yesterday I did a 180 on my friend's theory.  

The Astros and Patriots are very similar, and I said so long before the cheating allegations surfaced.  There is a lot to admire.  Every organizational detail is geared toward winning and in many ways they have altered their leagues/sports.  Unfortunately, with this they push the line as far as possible to gain an as advantage, whether its creating a system to optimize psi on footballs, espionage, or live communication.

I do not think it is crazy to think brady has a buzzer of some sort to alert him of pressure, blitz, where the safety goes, etc.  The guy "guesses" and has guessed right with uncanny ability.  Him and Edelman were like 42-1 at home before the miami game.  That doesnt happen in the NFL, and Brady/Edelman are far from Curry and Durant.

It has always been written off that Brady "prepares".  I cant buy that.  Nobody else does?

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Why would you put a buzzer on the tip of bat?  Wood isn't exactly a great conductor and all these guys wear gloves. Could you feel anything that way?

Who the hell knows.. more players are complaining about it today = MLB still has a big issue, even more so right now, considering that their own players are still keeping this in the press and are pissed about it

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Why would you put a buzzer on the tip of bat?  Wood isn't exactly a great conductor and all these guys wear gloves. Could you feel anything that way?

Why would you think that?  I think hardwood is a great conductor of vibration.   Ever live below someone walking in high heels?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Why would you think that?  I think hardwood is a great conductor of vibration.   Ever live below someone walking in high heels?

If they all have wearable bandaids underneath their shirts buzzing directly on their skin, taping a foreign object to your bat sounds stupid.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, somnus00 said:

Wonder how the Dodgers and their fans feel about all this.

I'm a Dodger fan.  It sucks.  I would have loved to have celebrated one or both of these championships with my dad - who saw them play at Ebbets Field. 

The good news is that my dad is super healthy and the Dodgers are still really good. Let's hope they put it all together this year!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

If they all have wearable bandaids underneath their shirts buzzing directly on their skin, taping a foreign object to your bat sounds stupid.  

Direct contact with skin is clearly better, but maybe the bat buzzer is less conspicuous and you can have better electronics inside the bat.  

3 minutes ago, GG said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/former-mlb-pitcher-jack-mcdowell-alleges-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated-with-camera/ar-BBZ3W51?ocid=st

McDowell said the White Sox had a camera zoomed in on opposing catchers and a light in an outfield Gatorade sign that could be controlled from the manager's office and would presumably let hitters know which pitches were coming.

"I'm going to whistle-blow this thing now, because I'm getting tired of this crap," McDowell told the station.

"He was also the head of the first team ... with people doing steroids," McDowell said, referencing La Russa's decade-long stint as manager of the Oakland A's, which included managing infamous steroid users Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire. "Yet he's still in the game making half a million. No one's gonna go after that."

"This stuff's getting old, where they target certain guys and let other people off the hook," McDowell said. " ... Everybody who's been around the game knows all this stuff."

McDowell's comments on the '80s White Sox came as he explained that illegal sign-stealing has been happening for decades, but that players, managers and MLB itself have collectively decided to look the other way, much like the steroid era.

"Nobody wants to throw anybody under the bus," he said.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/cc-sabathia-keeps-getting-angrier-over-astros-cheating-dont-give-a-f-k/

“F–king ’17, we should have won the World Series,’’ Sabathia said during an episode of his R2C2 podcast with Ryan Ruocco released Thursday. “I don’t care what nobody says. And now that this happened, nobody can ever f–king tell me that we wasn’t gonna win it. We should have won! There’s no way you can tell me we weren’t better than them. I don’t give a f–k what nobody says.”

1 hour ago, arcane said:

That's not ridicule, it's garbage that should be called out as such. This board should be better than that.

Googling a picture of Tom Brady, making up a story about a knee brace, and demanding to be taken as seriously as the actual stuff the Pats did, is conspiracy nut thinking and nothing more. It's pathetic. It's not "brainstorming a theory." 

Conspiracy nut thinking?‍♂️ Dude you’re a loser