Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

Red Sox haven't legitimately won a WS in over 100 years. Tainted earlier by their elaborate steroid program, and now exposed with Houston as the biggest cheaters in the game (It's a New England thing).

Yankees were really robbed in 2017--- losing all 4 games at Houston.

6 minutes ago, par73 said:

Red Sox haven't legitimately won a WS in over 100 years. Tainted earlier by their elaborate steroid program, and now exposed with Houston as the biggest cheaters in the game (It's a New England thing).

Yankees were really robbed in 2017--- losing all 4 games at Houston.

Ortiz and Manny with Peds - forgot about that

28 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I didn’t say that! I said they were good enough to win it without cheating... 

The Apple Watch was under a different manager, Cora had nothing do with that and the GM for that year and 2018 was already fired so.. 

I guess you think that a 15 win improvement over previous 2 seasons was just a coincidence?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01/07/alex-coras-reputation-at-stake-in-red-sox-sign-stealing-scandal/

from the Boston Herald today about the Red Sox:

According to the report, somebody would study the video feed in the replay room behind the Red Sox dugout, decode the signs and relay them to the players on base.

How this sentence can simply fit another team

According to the report, Ernie Admas would study the video feed in the replay room behind the Patriots sideline, decode the signs and relay them to the Brady in his helmet.

Edited by Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Read the report the Astros only did it at home.. the Sox had an amazing record on the road and won games on the road in the playoffs.. unlike say the Astros the year before against the Dodgers when neither won on the road..

I heard the Red Sox did a lot of innocent mini documentaries for the fans that year that followed them on the road.

11 minutes ago, dubs said:

Holy ***** Boston can you just not cheat at least one time....

....And I love the Red Sox but this is a major disappointment. !@#$ Cora and anyone else involved. 

Question because I am curious and thankfully haven't gone through this - how do you feel about the WS win in 2018?

In the past I have said that if I found out the Bills cheated their way to a SB win, i would be disgusted and not even acknowledge it - same if the Yankees were involved during a win. Saying that without going through it and reconciling it in reality - just curious what it is like

15 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sad thing is the Red Sox didn’t have to cheat to win that year..  they had 108 wins, swept the Yankees in the divisional round, took out the Astros in 5 games, and the Dodgers in 5 as well.  Sigh..

FYI, Yankees lost the series but it wasn't a sweep. 

Also you can't really say the cheating didn't help at all. Yankees were only 8 games back in the final standings so even if it only helped in some of Boston's home games it could have been enough to give them the division title therefore changing how the entire postseason played out.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sad thing is the Red Sox didn’t have to cheat to win that year..  they had 108 wins, swept the Yankees in the divisional round, took out the Astros in 5 games, and the Dodgers in 5 as well.  Sigh..

They won Because they cheated in 2018.   With basically the same roster in 2019 they did not make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:30 PM, Don Otreply said:

This is huge part of why Major league Baseball is a classier than Football .  At least MLB has the balls to suspend coaches/ FO personnel  for a year for cheating, and has at least one owner who won’t put up with low life’s running his team.  NFL management is testicle free zone. This alone makes me want to watch more baseball. If the NFL was able to be embarrassed they would be now.

this is a potential marketing bonanza for baseball to gain more fans,

“We take action when we catch cheaters” 

I disagree.   Baseball has no balls.   They should vacate the World Series result and the American League Championship.  All monetary gain should be forfeited.  That is real punishment.  That includes all the players that were involved.  The Dodgers were not the only team that were screwed, all the teams in the American League leading up to their championship were also screwed.

If I was Darvish, I would would sue the Astro's.   He lost millions after that, he was a "free agent to be" at the time.

A lot of teams keeping quiet makes you wonder how many other teams were involved.  This is baseballs most likely goal.  They don't want a bigger scandal.

The media is running with this cheating scandal that "is rocking the sports world" (quote from ESPN this AM).  Cora cheats two years and he is a pariah and pretty much the worst human being on earth  - Bellicheat does it for 20 yrs and he is a "genius" and revered in the media.  smh

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

But at the end of the day, the team, owner and people getting fired have a World Series ring.  

And I am not sure if the punishment is enough to deter others from looking at it and saying "I'd be willing to trade that for a World Series win".

Edited by matter2003

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

Has it occurred to you that those 108 wins, sweep of the Yanks, and taking out the Astros and Dodgers each in five games was because the Red Sox cheated? 

It has certainly occurred to me. 

I’ve been a Sox fan for over 40 years and I’m seriously thinking of dumping them altogether. I thought that ‘18 WS run was legit. I was happy they finally won one without Ortiz. This absolutely sucks.