Buzzergate update (Again) Update: Beltran, Cora, Hinch & Luhnow (fired) for illegale sign stealing - compare to NFL & The Patsies

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not being an As$hole intentionally with this question, but how do you balance out this with the Sox and the Pats? I read a few Boston papers who said they should fire Cora, don't recall seeing the same outrage with the Pats.....

With Cora Depends on his suspension with me if he is suspended for 1 1/2 to 2 years you fire him, especially since his contract is only for 1 more year.  That and if they don’t they look weak after the Astros just cleaned house.. With BB, no one else been punished or suspended so no pressure look tough, also  at the time a lot of former coaches came out saying “everyone is doing it”. (Which is probably true in MLB as well) so was easy rationalize “ we got bagged for something everyone else is doing”

hope that answered it for you.. may not me logical but how I felt for both of them.. (and the Sox were not good last year they were god awful while BB and the Pats were always good before and after)

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Last year?

Well they didnt use this beyond 2017 so that somewhat blows up your * thesis

It was discussed further in below posts. Yes, that was last year, but "un"surprisingly, the same was true in 2017. In 2018, it was the Red Sox. Go figure. ***

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dan, on another board someone provided excerpts from the MLB Report.  The below portions of the report provided by that guy on another message board:

Are they 100% innocent?  No, but I do feel bad for both these guys as they are most assuredly the fall guys for this.

Jeff Luhnow (General Manager). Luhnow adamantly denies knowledge of both the banging scheme and the efforts by the replay review room staff to decode signs and transmit them to the dugout. The investigation revealed no evidence to suggest that Luhnow was aware of the banging scheme. The investigation also revealed that Luhnow neither devised nor actively directed the efforts of the replay review room staff to decode signs in 2017 or 2018. Although Luhnow denies having any awareness that his replay review room staff was decoding and transmitting signs, there is both documentary and testimonial evidence that indicates Luhnow had some knowledge of those efforts, but he did not give it much attention.

A.J. Hinch (Field Manager). Hinch neither devised the banging scheme nor participated in it. Hinch told my investigators that he did not support his players decoding signs using the monitor installed near the dugout and banging the trash can, and he believed that the conduct was both wrong and distracting. Hinch attempted to signal his disapproval of the scheme by physically damaging the monitor on two occasions, necessitating its replacement. However, Hinch admits he did not stop it and he did not notify players or Cora that he disapproved of it, even after the Red Sox were disciplined in September 2017. Similarly, he knew of and did not stop the communication of sign information from the replay review room, although he disagreed with this practice as well and specifically voiced his concerns on at least one occasion about the use of the replay phone for this purpose.

Inmates running the asylum.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Yankees were definitely not the best team in baseball in 2017. 

I can make an argument that they were the best team in baseball in October.  The ALCS stats are astounding when comparing home and away.  

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sad thing is the Red Sox didn’t have to cheat to win that year..  they had 108 wins, swept the Yankees in the divisional round, took out the Astros in 5 games, and the Dodgers in 5 as well.  Sigh..

We were so good we didn't really need to cheat. Cheating had nothing to do with our success. 

Sounds vaguely familiar, where have I heard this before?

Sigh..

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sad thing is the Red Sox didn’t have to cheat to win that year..  they had 108 wins, swept the Yankees in the divisional round, took out the Astros in 5 games, and the Dodgers in 5 as well.  Sigh..

Has it occurred to you that those 108 wins, sweep of the Yanks, and taking out the Astros and Dodgers each in five games was because the Red Sox cheated? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Any years of disputed World Series titles due to gambling / cheating / steroids will immediately be stripped from the suspect teams, and awarded to the N.Y. Mets.

(Going for the Gugny vote here...?)

...award ceremony scheduled for July 1, 2035.

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Has it occurred to you that those 108 wins, sweep of the Yanks, and taking out the Astros and Dodgers each in five games was because the Red Sox cheated? 

Read the report the Astros only did it at home.. the Sox had an amazing record on the road and won games on the road in the playoffs.. unlike say the Astros the year before against the Dodgers when neither won on the road..

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

How much did the apple watches help them in 2017 as well? Apple watches went on sale in April 2015 - when did they start using them? Everything becomes sketchy

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Read the report the Astros only did it at home.. the Sox had an amazing record on the road and won games on the road in the playoffs.. unlike say the Astros the year before against the Dodgers when neither won on the road..

So the Red Sox cheated, but it didn't help. At all. 

BTW, did the report say that the Red Sox only cheated at home?  Or are we still waiting for that report to come out? 

Don't get me wrong, I expect that the Red Sox did their cheating at  home too. What amazes me is how you as a Pats fan can hide behind the 'well we would have won anyway' excuse. Reminds me of a a relative of mine who honestly believed the guy's nickname was The Deflater because of his weight loss program. Blind loyalty IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well then, since they only cheated at home, it must not have had anything to do with their overall season success.

Time to add another asterisk.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

How much did the apple watches help them in 2017 as well? Apple watches went on sale in April 2015 - when did they start using them? Everything becomes sketchy

Good question. 

26 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

So the Red Sox cheated, but it didn't help. At all. 

BTW, did the report say that the Red Sox only cheated at home?  Or are we still waiting for that report to come out? 

Don't get me wrong, I expect that the Red Sox did their cheating at  home too. What amazes me is how you as a Pats fan can hide behind the 'well we would have won anyway' excuse. Reminds me of a a relative of mine who honestly believed the guy's nickname was The Deflater because of his weight loss program. Blind loyalty IMO.

I didn’t say that! I said they were good enough to win it without cheating... 

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well then, since they only cheated at home, it must not have had anything to do with their overall season success.

Time to add another asterisk.

Good question. 

The Apple Watch was under a different manager, Cora had nothing do with that and the GM for that year and 2018 was already fired so..